Which classes and races does everyone want?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Dainank, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Dainank

Dainank Kobold

I would like more classes as well as races. I appreciate this might take a while but here is a list of some ideas. Other people may post their suggestions as well!

Races:
    • Hafling
    • Dragonborn
    • Gnome
    • Tiefling
    • Warforged
    Classes:
    • Necromancer
    • Paladin
    • Thief
    • Assasin
    • Artificier
    Feel free to post more suggestions below!!!

Sorreah and Flaxative like this.
  2. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

[Trolling] I'd like a Hafling plz. lulz And an Assasin 2. [End Trolling]

3. ugh I hope there are no broken DnD classes like artificer implemented. I'd love to see psionicist/psion, paladin, monk, ranger, kensai, alchemists, liches, and non-dnd classes (derived from Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics, etc)

4. Sam Souhrada

Sam Souhrada Kobold

the classes seem cool...but they almost feel like alot of em are variants of existing ones *a paladin is just a holy warrior* *necromancer is a mage that summons undead* maybe like a character progression where they can go down a path?

5. Aegisdivine

Aegisdivine Kobold

The question is., Will they ever implement new classes? Seeing how slow the game seems to move on changes.

6. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

When you've only got less-than-a-handful of full-time developers, things can take time. We appreciate your patience since implementing, testing, and balancing all takes time in addition to bug fixes, updates to the client, and other feature requests.

7. MadMacx

MadMacx Kobold

Great game I would like to see it expand for more options.

As far as an additional race and classes go more is better just so we do not see the same build.

An Archer maybe.

I would like to see more numbers added to the team. If you have a team or 4 or 5 the loss of single model is not near as devastating as losing 33% of you force with a single casualty.

8. Magi

Magi Kobold

I'm all for expansion and changes. However, and this is important, it's easy to destroy a great game in a blink of an eye. I concur with Mgadestructo, better implement changes slowly and let the game evolve while keeping it balanced.
    On personal note, I'd prefer to see the Thief/rouge class. This will help to round up the party like all the classic RPG's. Regarding class, hafling is the obvious choice.

9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I like running thieves, assassins, and rangers in p&p, but I don't see much for them to do in this setup. Should BM start locking and trapping the chests? (If we can't pick the lock, or the trap detonates, I suppose we'd get nothing.) Getting safely from one place to another doesn't require woodcraft. I usually keep an assassin on the payroll, but I don't yet see how she would come into play here.
    The races and classes are essentially standardized racks upon which we hang items. The racial skills vary with race, of course, as do the HP. What would the new races have? What item slots might a paladin have? Which would use warrior items, which divine, and which reserved for paladin-only items?
    If you'd really like to see new races and classes, how about coming up with some specifics which will fit into the CH model?
    It's more difficult than simply compiling a wish list, but it should make for good reading and generate interesting debate.

LeisureSuitLoli and Flaxative like this.
  10. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Having played some custom games of CH with 5+ characters, my opinion is that it is fun as an occasional change of pace, but that in general it's too many hands of cards of which to keep track. I really think 3 is about the sweet spot for game play.

Sir Veza, Ghostbrain and Flaxative like this.
  11. zovc

zovc Kobold

I'd like to see a thief-type. I think the thief archetype would allow the most (to my knowledge) unexplored mechanics to be explored. Thieves are known for using knives and ranged weapons (throwing or bows/crossbows). They could cause poison (which is, granted, more or less in the game), and they could benefit further from attacking characters from behind.

It would also be cool, in my opinion, to see all of the races in the game to become playable. Goblins, Kobolds, Trogs, so on.

12. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Thieves sound like they could be an interesting addition, but the main problem from what I can tell would be that you would have to have new item classes, thus reducing the chance of someone who doesn't play thieves getting something useful.

Races could also be fun, but the problem here is what the new ones do exactly. You have fast and lightweight, slow and sturdy, the middle guy, and... what?

13. bigdiff

bigdiff Kobold

Perhaps bring in more racial abilities that aren't entirely focused on movement or toughness.
    A few examples of some racial cards for, say a dragonborn, could be increasing damage output when below half health, a weak breath-attack, claw attacks, perhaps even flight.

I could also see customization trees being a way to personalize characters beyond race/class, like having a Ranger or Barbarian subset of Fighter. Class cards like those available to Warriors don't seem all too useful. I agree that introducing new classes would a problem item-wise though, maybe have certain items give specific cards based on a class subset?

14. DemaFrost

DemaFrost Kobold

Halfling could have cards that focus on avoidance but maybe have slight detrimental to damage (Due to small size). Half-Orc Could have more reckless nature causing extra damage to also debuff self (If a spell) or increase physical damage (If a weapon attack)
    Like for example:
    • Halfling (Standard move is a Cantrip Move 1)
      1. "Tumble" that is a move and a armor [Move 2 or 3+ Slide 1 (Keep) ]
      2. "Escape Artist" that is a armor and a drawback [2+ Negate encumbrance (keep), -1 to any damage you deal( keep)]
    As far as other classes, I dunno if I agree that a customization tree is the way to go. I do feel however that subclass could be nice; maybe have a special slot for subclass that makes it possible to use a specific item type from chosen class. Like on my Dwarf Warrior I chose Cleric, allow him to use 1 Divine Item. Maybe require power token just to enable the subclass, for example: An item that requires a minor power token for a warrior, require 2 to use it on a cleric. I would also love to see more classes in general; like druid, monk, rogue... etc