When I Was A Noob....

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by SirSrsly, Jun 5, 2015.

1. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

... I was afraid of laser cards, until someone pointed out that if you're a warrior, most of the malfunctions damage you opponent too!
    Also, I realised embarrassingly recently that electric traits only give ARCANE attacks HtB. I had assumed it was all magic attacks >.>

2. ... I thought terrain attachments like Wall Of Fire were the best cards ever.

... I didn't know you drew one racial movement card per turn, and needed boots with move cards on it to move.

... I thought Dwarves sucked because they always seemed so slow. That applies to wizards as well.

... I thought warriors sucked because they have to be in melee range and deal crappy damage on top of that (comparing to lava terrain).

Can I get whatever it is you're smoking? It seems pretty potent.

3. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Someone just posted in chat:

... says: why people talking about burfft ?
    ... says: what is that ?
    ... says: a pokemon ?

:)

Sir Veza, MathuranF and wereviper like this.
  4. ...I would never use a (majortoken) for a (minortoken) item cuz that will be a waste, right?

5. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

...I cared about rating.

Sir Veza and BawlingBrawler like this.
  6. I still think this :confused: I think it depends on collection size. Most of the time, there is a better use for the (majortoken)in my experience (for pvp that is).

7. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

8. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Well, frankly, it doesn't help that all generic wizard three-card items are called "Arcane Items," the wizard skill is called "Arcane Skill," and the armors which boost all magic damage are called "Arcane Aura" and "Arcane Shell." So, y'know, don't feel too bad. $;^ b

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

When I was a noob, they WERE the best cards ever, Wall of Fire could do 30 damage to large enemies.

10. That's not what I mean. Yes, if you consider items individually, then a particular (majortoken)item doesn't necessarily mean it'd be better than a similar particular (minortoken)item or even a tokenless item. However, if you consider the deck as a whole, assuming a collection of sufficient size, you should be able to use every token efficiently in almost every case.

I was thinking MP when I wrote that lol.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  11. NIMABI

NIMABI War Monkey

When I was a noob..

...I was too scared to play league because that would cost me 50 Gold. 50 Gold! Damn thats alot of money.
    ...For a whole month.

Sir Veza, Obernoob and timeracers like this.
  12. JakeAlmighty

JakeAlmighty Mushroom Warrior

When I was a n00b...

oh wait, I'm still a n00b. :(

but I play dwarf melee vs Wizards very badly... someday I will revisit this thread when my n00biness is less.

13. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

... I started attacking with the biggest attack, because dealing a lot of damage first is the road to victory.

14. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

...still am a noob
    ....hadn't realized I could attack my own guys x.x

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  15. jjpdn

jjpdn Kobold

That moment when you're a noob and you come to this thread and you're like "wait a second, this, this, and this aren't what I thought they were???"

This has been enlightening. I actually thought Free Move was Cantrip. Guess I should have read the description. Animation slider- WHAT? You mean I've been waiting around for hours... FOR NOTHING???

However...
    What's so bad about Mystic Wyrmhide? Isn't it just a better Reliable Hide?
    Black cards aren't always bad??? What??? But! But! But! It's... black... I think I'm card-sist. But seriously, what does the card been black mean?
    Mind Worm is a bad card? Why?

16. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

The top of the card has a color which represents the quality of the card, see weak strike versus bludgeon versus strong bludgeon. You can see that some are more powerful than others which is because they have a higher quality. Some cards like able bludgeon versus bludgeon you will not see the rating difference. That's because you only get to see the "general" rating. Each card can have up to 8 ratings, 6 of those are for class and races. The other 2 are are the "general" rating which determines what the top bar is colored and when it can appear in quick draw. The last one is the "plus minus" rating which adds or subtracts exactly 1 rating from the card. The level of items is based completely on the quality of the cards unless the item has a manual value (only 2 items have manual ratings so I won't discuss them). Some cards have a value higher than it deserves, and some lower, like most traits.

You may have know this but Mystic Wyrmhide(and the other one) got buffed from 4+ to 2+ for the anti attachment roll making this armor a lot more viable now that it ain't fifty-fifty to reasonably reliable.

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  17. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Black traits can be very okay cards. Mind Leak, for example, won't hurt you if you are not playing Magic cards (almost) at all and as soon as you draw it, it just replaces itself with the next card.

ParodyKnaveBob and JakeAlmighty like this.
  18. JakeAlmighty

JakeAlmighty Mushroom Warrior

other ones that come to mind are Squeamish on non-single target Wizards, Fright on support Priests, etc

anything where you can build the character in such a way that it can mostly or totally ignore the drawback.

Sir Veza, ParodyKnaveBob and Tyro like this.
  19. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

I actually use Chit Of Choking Smoke with my fire wizard and it actually has come in handy when I've needed to get close for his close fire spells and then be able to retreat into my smokebomb until the next turn

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.