When I Was A Noob....

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by SirSrsly, Jun 5, 2015.

1. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

... I, too, thought blocks were useless because armor was Keep. Just look at those poor Kobolds. Take out their blocks for the round, then wail on them (with my consistently piddly attacks). Armor was obviously more powerful!

... I, too, put absolutely zero handicap cards in my decks because the "big, cool cards" were just not worth randomly debilitating myself. I mean, just look what happens when Gary draws handicaps.

... I furthermore absolutely would not stack the same boost trait in a deck because it'd be such a waste to have it already attached and then *ugh* draw it again and replace itself.

Sir Veza likes this.
  2. Valadilene

Valadilene Lizardman Priest

Pure movement cards were worthless, dead cards. Stacked up armor on my boots instead because there were no decent attack cards for that slot. Then I entered multiplayer with that mentality.

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  3. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

... I actually knew that handicaps could be used to improve a deck. What I didn't realize, though, was that adding cards inconsistent with your primary strategy can help a build. The odd Purge or the odd Smoke Bomb could very well improve a build, even make it more versatile.

... I thought healing was really bad. Tbh, pre-EttSC, it was kind of bad, because of how builds focused on damage and itemization was not that great. But a lot of builds focus on tech... sacrificing damage for versatility (e.g., Nova Axe) and that makes healing pretty good.

... I thought "hard counter" builds like smoke were bad because they sacrifice wins against certain matchups just to be good against certain builds.

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  4. ...I thought halt wasn't so bad; you just chill for a round, right?

...I played cards like a button-masher in a Street Fighter tourney.

...I thought going first in a round was cool but not important.

5. Wandere

Wandere Lizardman Priest

...I thought All Out Attack (only) doubled its own damage. :confused:

...I took my Elf Wizard absolutely everywhere. ("They can't be hit if they can move that fast!") :confused:

6. ... I couldn't target the correct character when 3 or more gathered together.
    ... I always started by using my move.
    ... I thought that Spark Generator and Spark Inductor lowered the block rolls for electric attacks, not arcane.
    ... I thought it was a bug that my characters couldn't block in Mud terrain.
    ... I thought all legendaries were good.

and since I'm still a noob: How do you get rid of the exclamation mark in Adapted To Sonic and Adapted To Holy?

Sir Veza, Wandere and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  7. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

You have to get them to trigger by taking damage of the appropriate type while they are attached, which is hard with those damage types ;)

Sir Veza likes this.
  8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

You need to somehow arrange to see the cards played in a match (SP or MP). Create a casual battle with a deck full of adaptive stuff and sonic and holy attacks and spam them (are there sonic or holy attacks)?

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  9. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

Thunderblast and Misguided Heal will do the trick

10. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

I think the command "viewall - views all cards" in the console should work too.

11. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Items with Thunderblast
    Thunderblast does not belong to any item.

Is there some monster with a sonic attack and usable in a custom scenario?

12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

That does work, I just tried it. ONLY use it if you really want to mark EVERY card you have as viewed. You can't undo it except by resetting the exclamation marks for every card ("clearviews" command).

Sir Veza and timeracers like this.
  13. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

i used to think that cardotron was a player that spend a lot on the game and wish some day have its items.

14. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

You would have to spar Battle of Geomancy with someone.
    One of the Geomancers have Tunderblast.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  15. ... I hadn't understood the advantage of using lv4 firestorm mages for challenges instead of your lv24 ones

but most important of all:
    ... I had the animation speed slider at the default setting

Last edited: May 21, 2016
    Sir Veza likes this.
  16. visak13

visak13 Ogre

... I couldn't target my own character with winds of war and teleport. Thought that it unlocked when my rating hit 1400. :oops:

17. black_wolf

black_wolf Kobold

...I thought that Lifesaving block only triggered when my damage card was exactly the same amount of my opponent's life.
    ...that Savage Curse was a crap card because it makes you discard cards.
    ...didn't know how Dodge worked, so when it triggered I just moved randomly praying not to be damaged.
    ...I used to think that Mind worm was a great card.

18. Nosgoup

Nosgoup War Monkey

Forgetting I’d stripped out the MP starting party’s equipment for the campaign, I entered my first ranked match with no items. I resigned and messaged my opponent my apologies for wasting their time. Not receiving a reply added anxiety to my embarrassment; until I noticed that they were excusably busy, what with being in 3 other matches concurrently. I slinked off to the safety of the campaign. It was at least five minutes before I twigged.

Sir Veza, visak13, Wandere and 4 others like this.
  19. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

It's still a good card in my opinion.