What's should the next Cardhunter Expansion be about?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by tolkien, Jan 17, 2017.

?

What should the next expansion (after Castle Mitternacht) be about?

1. Pirates, Seafaring, and Underwater Denizens

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Gary, Melvin, and Amy get magically transported into Cardhuntria and must find a way out

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. Superheroes come to Cardhuntria to fight crime but end up being a lot of trouble themselves

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. Fey Dark Elf triplets are raising an army in the north...

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  5. The Gods of Mount Oily Puss are quarrelling again, fully armed peacemakers requested

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

I honestly think poison cards would be the way to go for the new expansion. It would make Purge a ton more useful, and I remember something about Loot and Legends, with lots more Poison. Honestly, it wouldn't be hard to make some new items either, with a mix of cards from normal and the new underwater expansion.

Also: Anyone have a name for this new expansion?

Mine would simply be "Terror of the Deep."
    :)

Enjoy.
    Or not.

Christofff and tolkien like this.
  2. haho

haho Orc Soldier

I didn't enjoy it at all. They're kind of lame, and can completely hinder you in some mauve manticore maps due to the negative buffs from radioactive cards. There are some mauve manticore maps that you'll never win if you get turned into a zombie or werewolf etc.

So for me it has been totally underwhelming, unless there is a hidden, secret castle Mitternacht somewhere that I haven't found yet. Why introduce a bunch of cards that (as far as I know) has no relation or connection to any of the adventures in the game? If anything, I hope they actually EXPAND the idea of these cards into some actual themed maps for them... like an actual haunted castle, or something (this is coming from a pvp perspective since I don't pvp at all)

3. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

I don't get it.

DARK MAGIC likes this.
  4. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

You'll be glad to know there's work being done on CM-themed single-player modules, you can read about it in the moar wild speculation thread.

haho likes this.
  5. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

I already read that thread, and I can't wait.
    Sadly, it is irrelevant to me, since I am poor and have exactly 0 pizza for treasure hunts.
    :(
    Anyways, I hope that Creature Of The Night isn't just a cycler anymore!