What movies have you watched recently, and how good were they?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Magic Elves, Sep 22, 2014.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Ultron was excellent.

I remain skeptical of SW7 due to my snobbish distaste for what Abrams did to Star Trek, and I can still hear the millions of echoing voices from the extended universe... Also, dat n00b lightsaber...

2. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

oh no, do we already have to dodge reviews and spoilers now? Really didnt expect that here.

3. The lightsaber in the movie is treated like a samurai sword, a last resort.
    The new Trek movies are going to burn out rather quickly. The lazy writing of the last one was depressing.

neoncat likes this.
  4. Saw the new Mad Max movie, Fury Road. Had to peel myself off of the seat from the total sheer awesome that the movie flung at me.

Magic Elves and Vakaz like this.
  5. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Yeah, Mad Max was glorious, a visual funride and a must for action fans that crave some practical care in filmmaking.

I happened to see and enjoy a strange 1976 Movie starring Roman Polanski called "The Tenant". It had that subtle grotesk and unsettling atmosphere i usually relate to japanese horror, and it goes of the rails in a similar matter.

LeisureSuitLoli likes this.
  6. Hyoscine

Hyoscine Kobold

It's been years since I've seen it, but I remember really liking The Tenant.

Have you seen an old Japanese film called Woman of The Dunes? It's got that same kind of horrible... unfairness and inevitability to it. A naive out-of-towner and some unwholesome locals. I'm not sure I could describe it in a way that does it justice, but if you've got a spare couple of hours, the whole thing's up on YouTube.