What kind of classes or monsters would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hopibear, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

Looks like it's set in stone now. Cardhuntria has to at least be a town on the map, else Rudolpho is a dirty liar.

2. Szczypior

Szczypior Orc Soldier

I don't think we need that much classes. They should stick to few types of base clases like warrior, mage, rouge, priest, and let them build the way you like it :) You get cards from items, so you could modify your class by picking the items you like. Personally my favourite class is so-called Warlock which summons demons and skeletons. I absolutely love it.

3. Xaphedo

Xaphedo Kobold

I see how you guys are nicely proposing only plain names, kindly leaving most of the funny and detailed part to the developers, but I'm not used to be such a nice guy.

Bender
    Actually not a robot with suicidal disorders, a bender isn't just a really fancy mage: he can litteraly shape the battleground at his will, even brining some of its parts to life. He can tear tiles off the floor, raise coloumns to the ground and sink unharmed in bare stone. And he can, of course, sculpt a statue of his majestic self.

Mimic
    Other than portraing themselves with monochrome dyes (which they don't guarantee to be paint), mimics have better memory than an elephant, an archmage and an hard disk all sticked togheter and put in a glass jar. They start the battle fresh-minded, with no cards, don't even drawing or discarding any when the round's over. However, once they see somebody (their allies included) use a card, they can draw it like it was in their deck. The only restriction is in the number of times they can draw the same card (usually once per turn, op objects permitting) and in their equipment, which will allow every object to be equipped, but without giving them any actual card; if they see somebody while's using a card their equipment may allow them to have, that card handly pops out of thin air, right in the mimics' hands.

Deployer
    Some warriors try to turn the battleground to their advantage, others do that to the letter. As a deployer, you shall be able to lay traps, improvise barricades and move enemies' asses out of your sodding way with your historically unappropriate siege machines. Deployer can also use magic to write down sigils, runes and other various doodles, making the level even fancier for your boobier opponents (succubus included).

Scholar
    Also known as geek, the scholar's strenght lies in the years he wasted inquiring about random stuff nobody would have cared. And, surprisingly enough, he's actually good for something. A scholar can reveal what cards the enemy could have, the weaknesses of certain monsters and even the tactics to adopt in certain situations; other than this load of useless perks a player wouldn't need anyway, the scholar is able to passively take benefit of his knowledge, being provided with cards that let him and his allies avoid opponent's blocks, armors and parries or that simply buff/debuff someone behind some humoristic excuse.

Swashbuckler
    A swashbuckler is the only character who can, by default, use a movement and an attack card in the same turn. Having certain combitations of weapons he gains specific additional cards aswell, which usually are rather overpowered. Other than that, his health is merely petty and there's no way to mitigate an incoming attack other than parrying it on the fly. But he can reveal to also be a sneaky bastard, clouting neatly when staring at the enemy's back.

And I guess I'm done. I may expose other ideas later, presenting you some races and even more classes, but I'm sure you'll be fine even without my suggestions. By the way I'm Italian and 16: any blunder you may find (you will, there's no doubt about that) isn't forgivable. Because this is the Internet, and you shouldn't care.

4. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Wouldn't it make sense (since decks are built from eq and items) to craft classes or monsters based on the items they can use ? Either in flavor or in serious gameplay. Consequently, that would lead to modifiers when activating certain eq. Using 'vicious javelin' from the dev diaries, its consists of 3 x pinning spears, 1 x impaling stab, 2 x raging strike. So a barbarian only vicious javelin could have +1 range, +1 dam to all the cards and -1 pinning spear card ? etc...

5. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Uh... hold off on the billion different classes until we see what kind of diversity the 3 base classes offer, they may already fill many of those roles. Personally i'd enjoy a branching class-changing system.

Also, looks like someone plays Rift.

6. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

So far in sp I've liked the ones which really test skill and reward thoughtful play. I like monsters which have flight or scamper as their default move, I'd like to see more combos involving flight/scamper to really test advanced players.

So, we've had flying monkeys.

Why not flying hippos? With a massive jaws -type attack, which is basically a range 2 obliterating chop! Purple card ofc.

Scenario- evil scientists lab! The evil scientist is creating freqkish abberrations such as his flying hippos, double-headed rats (twice the poison!), and his pets favourite, cute raging rabbits. Ofc the scientist himself is slowly mutating, u fight him in each battle of the adventure and then at the end he has mad attachments like regeneration, blind rage, plus some sweet limb smash attacks thanks to his mega-long limbs. And his body doesn't just take up a 2x2 square, but a 3x3 square. He just stands there regenerating and smashing from distance with massive hp. And resistant hide.

Or an ultra-evil adventure with ultra-evil shade which has dodge and teleport self up its sleeve, plus those pesky life drain attacks which can be boosted somehow. And he can cast smoke bombs ofc.

Plus upgraded demons, firebats which fly and breathe magma, and rock golems with spells immunity, and can throw rocks for ultra dmg.

Wheres my cheque? ;)

Edit: just realised I didn't give my bank details to you devs, pm me and ill supply. Or, you can always mail a cheque, willsuffice for now.

From the space station,
    Colonel Christoff.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Sounds like you want some nice high level difficulty in SP. Are you suggesting harder than the level 18 adventures? On par with them? Or... have you not played those yet? :D

8. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Or he could be suggesting higher level adventures