What is your longest battle?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by OOO, Jan 24, 2013.

1. OOO

OOO Kobold

I just played a 77 round 35 minute battle in the first encounter of The Viscous Tombs.

While I was able to deal with all the oozes, the armored skeleton is harder than he should be (I guess I haven't figured out the right balance of bludgeoning weapons for him and slicing/piercing for the oozes). My party consisted of a 10th level human wizard, a 10th level dwarven warrior and a 10th level human priest - in the end I was just down to the priest and was able to get the skeleton down to 3 hps, but btwn its armor and "Just Bones" ability was able to absorb more damage than I could deal out while dealing out a lot of its own. I just ran around in circles healing until I could exchange a few blow and then did it all over again.

Still didn't succeed.

I have to admit. It got a little boring after a while - though I am not sure if that is so much a bug as a design issue with combat that can fall into a long grind. Anyone else have similar experiences?

2. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

To be fair you have the option to give up at any time and retry

3. cainiao

cainiao Kobold

Focus on your wizard, he is the key to win

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I forget which of the level 6 adventures it is, but the battle called something like Mining Tunnels took the longest. I mean seriously: what was I gonna do, run through the choke points myself? Nope, I just waited for all three massive mobs of kobolds to come to me. Through multiple turns and piles of difficult terrain. Which was important, because I had to be sure I'd drawn the right cards to kill each subsequent range 2 enemy, and preferably do so while it still blocked my choice of choke point.

5. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Being chased by a trog for 40 rounds and waiting for a range 3+ card that would get through both armor cards with my 1 hp wizard was fun. Won that fight with surperior hit and run tactics.