What is the shortest method to get most gold pieces (gp)

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by ClimbHigh, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Deleted my old post. Turns out posting a response removes some whitespace so the drop tables were not readable -.- Anyway:

Since we had no data of lvl 9,11,14,15,16 adventures, I decided to get some. It's not too much but gives an idea of what level drops will come from these lvl adventures.
    As you can see, with 60 drops, no lvl 13-14 or items from lvl 11 apart from treasures.
    Am working on levels 14-16 now.

9_11.png

Offtopic: The RNG seems to love me now for thinking about him so much :D
    In last few days I've gotten 3 leg. treasures and some of the best weapons in CH :p
    Not naming any names, but leg. one was lvl 18 and epic one was level 12 :D

Jarmo likes this.
  2. Lord Feleran

Lvl 14 adventure drops below. Notice another legendary treasure there? XD

14.png

And lvl 15 ones. And this one epic was one I had wanted for a long time :p Doesn't seem possible to be that lucky.

15.png

Aand lvl 16 ones. Only 1 epic treasure this time lol. Notice how there aren't any level 13-14 drops apart from treasures.
    This thread should now have some data for all adventures (except the very low levels which are pointless to farm anyway).

16.png

Sir Veza and Jarmo like this.
  3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks for the data, Feleran! And gratz on your phat loot!

The dearth of level 13 and 14 items is easily explained by
    a) the low amount of repetitions
    b) the low total amount of items of level 14
    c) the tested levels being far from level 14, the drop % is only low single digits when you are +-3 levels from the adventure level and even with +-2 levels when the item level has few items in it.
    When more drops are logged for these levels, also the level 13 and 14 items will show up (if they're within +-3 levels for regular items and +-4 for treasure).

4. Lord Feleran

2 more ideas:

Since the drop %s are written by BM, they are probably nice round numbers and I believe atm that they are 0.75 for commons and 0.2 for uncommons.
    Might be 0.04 for rares so (epics + legendaries) are 0.01 of drops.

As neonecat mentioned some pages ago, maybe we should start a new thread (which would require copying lots of info from this thread) or request the title of this thread to be changed since we have gone a little offtopic :p
    For gold one has to farm Diamonds of the Gobolds and that's all there is to know :) The title could mention drop rates instead imo.

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I make no such assumptions about the numbers. The formula might be more complicated than that. The base figures might be round but the functional value might be something else due to various fudging factors. Or not.

True about the thread title, but I kind of like the stealth approach :). The project was born organically, not by any planning.

Would you like to calculate how many legendary drops are necessary to log to bring the drop rate value to about 20% "accuracy"?

6. Lord Feleran

About 4x as much data for epics and about 26x as much data for legendaries to be accurate enough :p
    That's roughly 50 000 total drops and 300 000 total drops.

Jarmo likes this.
  7. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks, seems to be beyond reasonable reach then. Good to know. We'll make do with what we have. It won't make a huge difference in practise, I think. The values we have are usable enough for everyday Cardhuntrian purposes.

8. Lord Feleran

Well, won't achieve that in a week, yes, but we are not in a hurry :)
    I will continue logging my drops until I believe I have correct drop ratios for rares, epics and legendaries, too. Since drop ratio for legendaries could range from 0.00063 to 0.00193 atm (that's more than 3 times difference lol), I'm far from being happy with that :p
    And if there were a few more people helping, it could be done in a few months I think.

9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Well, I'll log mine if I do any concerted runs. I play the long game, too, no rush on my part.

Sir Veza likes this.
  10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Another 855 drops from L10 - Garnet Demon Portal

Attached Files:

Jarmo likes this.
  11. Lord Feleran

One more thing I hadn't thought (much) about till now: we also need the drop % of treasures in addition to rarity drop rates to calculate how difficult it is to get certain items. I looked through this thread (pretty much only Jarmo's and Sir Veza's data :p ) and got:
    12 077 drops, 1839 of them treasures.
    (Didn't include one post from the first pages where of about 100 drops 3 were missing but included Veza's last 855 drops. Added only few hundred of mine (last run + top of this page) since I didn't write down the numbre of treasure drops before)
    And from Diamonds of the Kobolds: 800 drops, 338 of them treasures.

If the drop % for treasures is the same for all adventures but Diamonds of the Kobolds then that % is, with a 95% probability, within those borders:
    0.1459 0.1587
    So 15% maybe? Might be. Average is 15.23% at the moment.

From Diamonds of the Kobolds the treasure % is, with a 95% probability, within those borders:
    0.3883 0.4567
    Might be 40%, might be not, that's not that interesting anyway :) Average is 42.25% so far.

12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I don't know if the assumption that the treasure drop percentage is the same over all adventures is true. It might be affected by e.g. the ratio of treasure items compared to ordinary ones existing within the dropped item level spread of each adventure. It might not. The former might be more likely as the only official information we have about this said the ratio of different item types dropping is determined only by how many of each type there are.

13. Lord Feleran

Nice to know I'm 3 times more likely to get a weapon than some heavy armor :D Don't know a single heavy armor i want but don't have lol.
    Anyway another very useful piece of information, thanks for that! :)

So it could go as follows:
    1. rarity is determined
    2. is or is not treasure is determined
    3. level is determined (in a different way for treasures but their levels don't matter)
    4. if not treasure then item type is determined (in low level adventures not all equipment slots are open yet, so there are different weightings, but again: low level adventures aren't that interesting anyway)
    5. and finally, of all the items that fit above categories, a random one is selected

Steps 1-4 could be done in any order I guess. If the %s to get every rarity, a treasure and a specific item type are fixed, the order shouldn't matter (although 2 comes before 3 as the levels of treasure drops confirm and Jon confirmed that 1 comes first). But 3 and 4 could well be done in opposite order, for example.

To check whether item types' drop ratios (given the drop is not a treasure and a higher level adventure is being farmed) are 1/29 for all skills, helmets, heavy armors, divine armors and robes, 2/29 for div. weapons, staves and shields, 3/29 for weapons, boots and divine items and 4/29 for arc. items, could you add such table to your Excel file, Jarmo? :) It might not be that easy. But even if it is, some data to prove it would be nice :p

14. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Sorry, that's not how the item type thing works. It depends just on the number of items of different types that exist in the game, not some weighting. The only weighting is the number of items.

A simplified example with fake numbers:
    The drop is level 12.
    There are 9 level 12 weapons.
    There is 1 level 12 staff.
    There are no other level 12 items.
    The chance of getting a weapon is 90%.

15. Lord Feleran

Oh, ok. I re-read that Jon's post, it says that, yes.
    The secound sentence starts with "We've tried to weight..." But they didn't, kk.
    So just steps 1-3 and then step 5, even easier.

16. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The treasure steps are conjecture, we don't actually know that, I think. I'm very wary of presenting as facts something that we haven't yet determined for sure. It's a plausible theory, granted, as there seems to be something different about treasure, their allowed level spread for sure.

I haven't calculated whether the treasure drop rates correspond to the ratio of treasure vs. ordinary items that exist for the allowed level spread of each adventure. Checking that would be the first step in forming a more comprehensive treasure theory, I feel.

The lowest level adventures and the treasure ones have their own special drop tables, that's why they don't drop all item types. There is no extra system governing this. The special table existence can be seen from the adventure data in one of the files the game loads at startup (listed in the debug log). One other higher level adventure also has its own table. It was mentioned by Kalin, I think, somewhere in this thread.

17. Lord Feleran

The White Star. Yes, I also remembered reading that somewhere in this thread. Also a level 6 one.

18. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

There are four values in the Adventures table:
    • Battle Loot Items: how many items you get in mid-adventure chests; 1 for Raid on Ommlet, Kobold Encampment, and Tunnels Into Darkness; 2 for everyone else
    • Battle Loot Table Percent: chance those items will be chosen from a special table; 100 for level 1 adventures, 50 for Diamonds of the Kobolds and The White Star, 0 for everyone else
    • Adventure Random Loot Items: how many guaranteed Uncommon items added to the final chest; 0 for level 1 adventures,; 1 for Diamonds of the Kobolds, The White Star, and Slub Gut's Sanctum; 3 for Garnet Demon Portal and Lord Batford's Manor; 2 for everyone else
    • Adventure Loot Table Item: special loot table? 1 for Slub Gut, Diamonds of the Kobolds, and The White Star; 0 for everyone else
    First time drop items take the place of Adventure Random Loot Item.

Sir Veza and Jarmo like this.
  19. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks for the clear info, Kalin!

20. Lord Feleran

A little spreadsheet. I'm going to keep it up to date with data from this thread and from my own farming, although I don't farm nearly as much as you two :p
    Atm it has got all the data from these 12 pages + a little from me for levels 15 and 17. It has, unfortunately, still got very few drops from levels 9,11,14,16 so drops from these level would be of most value.
    The numbers below ("items") are "drops - treasures" for every level so would be much more comfortable to add info to the spreadsheet if there were a table for that in "Drop Data" spreadsheat, Jarmo (A). All, treasures and "all-treasures".
    Since I created it for my own purposes (for a MP player), it doesn't include items from levels 1-3 and adventures below lvl 7 (I haven't unlocked any level 6 ones and f2p ones drop mostly treasures lol). It's easy to add them though if someone wishes to.

Happy hunting! ;)

Attached Files:

Sir Veza likes this.