What Is the Best RPG game you ever played!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Deadless78, Feb 27, 2013.

1. quixotegut

quixotegut Kobold

I assume we're talking about video games.

My all-time favorite is Suikoden 2. This blows any and all RPG's in the video realm out of the water.

Fave FP-RPG: Fallout 3/Bioshock - really they are equal.
    Fave 2nd gen (Playstation til present) Final Fantasy: FFIX
    Fave 1st gen Final Fantasy: FF6 (3 in US)
    Fave 1st gen non-FF: Chronotrigger
    Fave 2nd gen non-FF: Kingdom Hearts 2... I'm a sucker for opening credit songs/segments (FF6 has the all-time best opening segment) and this KH2's opening song/fmv was so beast.
    Fave MMO: FFXI - played for a very very long time... too long.
    Best Tactics RPG: FFTactics

Oh, and my favorite topdown RPG is Champions: Return to Arms... such a crappy game... but loved playing it.

2. I played ff11 for 6 years from the first week it came out in US on ps2. What server did you play on? Pandemonium here.

quixotegut likes this.
  3. quixotegut

quixotegut Kobold

Gilgamesh. Played for about 4 years, took a break, played for a year more, then quit. I started about 3-6 months after it got released, on pc though. I was really pissed at Square for making the game as it wasn't "Final Fantasy" if it was an MMO... then I started playing.........................

I'd have kept playing until 14 if the endgame hadn't been so politic-centric. Was a great game, though. I miss my Drg.

Atanos Iskandar likes this.
  4. Zeetoois

Zeetoois Mushroom Warrior

I'm on a big Dark Souls kick right now, so there's that.

I love Kingdom Hearts, and the sequel (2, not the weird "in-betwee-quels") was great, but honestly, the first was just plain entertaining. Lighthearted Disney and FF characters... who knew?

I also enjoyed Dragon Age: Origins, even if the sequel was rather disappointing. The 3rd one sounds fairly solid. Looking forward to that. I simply enjoy the lore and the huge drawback to magic (I always feel as though magic users are so much more powerful than non-magic users lore-wise, even if not game-play-wise).

5. IshidaTsuki

IshidaTsuki Orc Soldier

I just got myself something new, and I have to add a game (or more a series) to my list: Persona 4, or Shin Megami Tensei in general. Love it. got Golden yesterday and spent around 10 Hours on it already (yeah, sleep is for weaklings and people with lifes) and planning already a second playthrough.

6. Kaltorak

Kaltorak Kobold

I go with Planescape: Torment, too. Gothic II second best. Gothic I third place.

7. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete

Was the only game to make me outright cry, and im not talking like shed a single tear. I mean sob like a baby for an hour.

IshidaTsuki likes this.
  8. Molotova

Molotova Mushroom Warrior

Vampire the Masquerade, Deus Ex and Baldurs Gate 2 Shadows of Amn.

Strangely all were released the same year (2000).

9. Daryl Tay

Daryl Tay Kobold

Hmm I'm going with.. Fallout 3 and Knights of the Old Republic on the PC, with a fondness for Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics on the handhelds. I think Ni no Kuni deserves a space on the PS3 as well.

10. A88mph

A88mph Mushroom Warrior

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. (SO:KotOR for short)

11. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

So many good games. If I had to pick just one? Probably Deus Ex.

12. Szczypior

Szczypior Orc Soldier

Real life:
    - money is hard to get
    - leveling takes years
    - while leveling you got random encounters sometimes
    - playerbase base is huuuge
    - it's roguelike with one playthrough
    - it has epic social interactions
    - can't save or load, no checkpoints
    - sidequests (some time ago I got sidequest named Game Hunter, but I abandoned it after waiting for beta invite for too long)
    - You can make your sequel in game (or more than one) if you manage to get into marriage with other player

Rogen Jemi likes this.
  13. Deadless78

Deadless78 Mushroom Warrior

Skyrim is still pretty fun to play these days

14. Deadless78

15. Hessian

Hessian Orc Soldier

Calld of Duty: Black Ops is my favourite RPG

16. Deadless78

You like the zombie add on

17. Deadless78

which fallout is your fav in the series

18. irongamer

irongamer Orc Soldier

That is a tough one, I enjoyed all of them. For isometric I'd say Fallout 2. For 3d I'd say Fallout 3. Looking forward to Wasteland 2.

19. Fizbin

Fizbin Mushroom Warrior

I quite liked Baulder's Gate 2 as well, but I too preferred the story of Baulder's Gate 1.

o.0;

20. Arcanum, fallout 1&2, icewind dale.

Although one of my fav all time old school rpg's/strategy games would be the shining force! was amazine!!