What happened to the "show us your team" thread?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Galvayra, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Galvayra

Galvayra Kobold

I was looking forward to see if anyone has or will attempt to play through the game using 3x the same class instead of the one of each like "most" everyone i see talking have , i seen some 2x +1x combinations in pvp tho.

Is the PvE side mostly balanced on having a warrior/wizard/priest? I was planning on playing through the game as 3 elf wizards and i am worried it may be like paddling upstream if the adventures are made with the holy trinity standards in mind

2. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

People have tried three Wizards, that's for sure. Don't forget that one of the starter packs is three Elf Wizards. And I'm planning on multiple builds. Also, I just put together something for multiplayer that might be of interest, but isn't ready for "prime time" just yet, and in any case you were asking about single-player, so that'll wait for another discussion.

3. Donnola

Donnola Mushroom Warrior

A team of 3 characters from the same class may be viable (and potentially very powerful), but i think the main PvE disadvantage goes with the random loot: you will more likely find different items that suit a warr-cler-wiz party than a one-class-only one :)

My opinion: you can play on with 3 wizards but you will have to repeat the same dungeons more than a regular party in order to get decent items for all of them :)
    Also, you will probably find some scenarios to be much easier and some others to be much harder than usual.

4. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I personally cant see why you would want to do this but i guess that doesn't matter much. But yes block and mobility heavy maps can be just devastating with a tri wiz team especially if they have spell reflect.

5. Galvayra

Galvayra Kobold

Well i have a whole strategy planned in my mind, sure it would be many times easier to just do it with the default party until i get proper items but by then i would have repeated the dungeons too many times with a party that i wont like and when i go in with a party that i do like it will be "meh i been here 20 times already"

Or i could just recruit high level wizards later and bypass the low level dungeons, but then i would feel like i skipped some lessons on how they should be reacting/playing to various situations

In the end i'm hoping that the balance inconsistency between playing the "normal" way and deviating from the path is not so large as to make it impossible. I am very interested if someone has actually tried to play with a three of a kind party and disseminate their findings and experiences

Also as Sir Knight said, one of the starter packs are 3 wizards, when game releases a new player who likes wizards buys the starter pack and finds out you cant progress through the game with them, i would feel cheated.

Someone should test how viable other builds are and since im not in the beta might as well be you :p

6. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I know for a fact 3 warriors is doable but some maps are a true pain in the rump and until they fix altruism i can imagine triple priest working fine later at least.