What do you want to know more about?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jon, Aug 17, 2011.

?

What part of the game do you want to know more about?

1. The card/board battles.

83 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. Adventuring and character growth.

144 vote(s)
    52.7%
  3. The art style and direction.

35 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. Game technology and programming.

49 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. Multi-player.

89 vote(s)
    32.6%
  6. The Card Hunter world and characters.

74 vote(s)
    27.1%
  7. Deck building.

90 vote(s)
    33.0%
  8. Competitive multi-player.

59 vote(s)
    21.6%
  9. Something else (post in the thread with details).

13 vote(s)
    4.8%
  10. The monsters!

65 vote(s)
    23.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

I am looking forward to that my friend.

2. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

I'm curious about character progression and customization.

3. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

I look forward to that very, very much.

Ystin likes this.
  4. A Bear

A Bear Goblin Champion

So... should I just give you my contact info for shipping me the Championship Trophy now?

Ystin likes this.
  5. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

No, actually, it needs to go by me first. See, I have to get it engraved with my name. Can't send it on tour without that.

Ystin likes this.
  6. A Bear

A Bear Goblin Champion

Well, that would be weird because I'm pretty sure they only engrave the champion's name, mine, on the trophy. :cool:

Ystin likes this.
  7. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Actually they don't really tend to engrave any name on the trophys just the name of the competition and the year/date

8. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

Sometimes they engrave names. Recently League of Legends hosted a tournament and the champion team had their names engraved. That trophy was pretty boss looking too.

9. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Well fair enough they do in the lol world championships.

10. A Bear

A Bear Goblin Champion

The Stanley Cup is a prime example, too. We can have the Cardhunteria Cup!

11. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Huh. When did they start using "champion" to mean "first runner-up"? That's going to confuse a lot of people. You know, since they still give the "Championship TROPHY" to the person who won the whole championship. That is, to me.

A Bear likes this.
  12. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

I'd like to know if theirs going to be a meta-game to this, some sort of crafting or exploration side, a little more to do than just dungeon delving.

13. Roshirai

Roshirai Goblin Champion

The Champion, First Runner-Up and Miss Congeniality of the Inaugural Roshirai Challenge Cup all receive a papercraft Aegis of Champions!

...that they have to make themselves. :p

DarkDain likes this.
  14. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Before the actual game has even left beta phase, we already have fictitious champions, runner-ups, engraved trophies and ego mummies... :D
    Time to make a new campaign: "The Graveyard of Champions"

15. Magnificent Bastard

Magnificent Bastard Mushroom Warrior

Honestly, I'd just like to see more in-game footage... even if it has no commentary at all. I love the concept of the game and can't wait to get my hands on it. But all I can do right now is live vicariously through videos.

16. steve cashman

steve cashman Kobold

im hugely intrested in the multiplayer part, It would be great to be able to nerd out with a game once more as I struggle to find time to arrange anything with friends due to work etc, so to have a game like this where i can just send a text and say fancy a game if you're free as im sure with others its hard to arrange free time.

17. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

You may want to reconsider this. The more you provide an environment for players to work together the more likely they will show/nag their friends to pick the game up and play together. There is no downside to their friend not being there from time to time as 1 person is clearly capable of handling all three heros by himself.

18. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Goblin Champion

Shut up! You want to wait even longer for this game? ;)

Timaeus likes this.
  19. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

That's the problem, yeah. We're pretty much flat out already and trying hard to not add more features as we go.

20. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

I realize it's a big issue with not only time but managing a budget as well. One thing to consider is the amount you would gain/lose from not having co-op in from the start.

We don't know the scale of the game, but co-op might be a needed feature from the start to save time later on when pushing expansions and extra tools so players are not bored after a shot time. A recent game I played was dungeon defenders. Without co-op out of the gate it would have probably bombed besides the sales from the hardcore niche players of tower defense. With it, the game did vary well, especially when you got to the end and the high quality gear was vary hard/long without good teamwork. (I know DD isn't a direct comparison to CH, it was used as a first hand example of my recent experience.)

I hope the game does well regardless.

Lance likes this.