What do you want to know more about?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jon, Aug 17, 2011.

?

What part of the game do you want to know more about?

1. The card/board battles.

83 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. Adventuring and character growth.

144 vote(s)
    52.7%
  3. The art style and direction.

35 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. Game technology and programming.

49 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. Multi-player.

89 vote(s)
    32.6%
  6. The Card Hunter world and characters.

74 vote(s)
    27.1%
  7. Deck building.

90 vote(s)
    33.0%
  8. Competitive multi-player.

59 vote(s)
    21.6%
  9. Something else (post in the thread with details).

13 vote(s)
    4.8%
  10. The monsters!

65 vote(s)
    23.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BigSmurf

BigSmurf Kobold

But Jon, you arent the only one making diaries, right? So where is the rest, what are they working on right now? I am looking forward to read a new exciting diary entry soon :)

2. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Right now I'm working on a system to provide you more reading material :D
    http://www.cardhunter.com/2012/01/new-twitter-feed/

This isn't intended as a dev diary replacement, but might provide some interesting insights to those hardcore enough to dig through it.

3. Pugs

Pugs Mushroom Warrior

I like it.

News that bits of work on the final tutorial battle are being completed is welcome news. Though, really, ANYTHING that makes us think the beta is closer is good news.

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I was going to create a thread titled "From the mule's mouth" to give this post some more visibility . . . but I cannot create new threads. The text box no longer appears for me in the "Post new thread" page. Has something gone wrong? I don't seem to be having any other problems on the internet here, running Firefox 9.0.1 on Windows XP.

5. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Having the same issue, perhaps we have reached our thread limit?

6. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Looking into this now!

7. Jon

I just reproduced this problem using Firefox 9, but it worked fine in IE and Chrome, so it looks like a Firefox/Xenforo compatibility issue. And I think it was introduced with v9 since I haven't seen it with previous versions.

I'll try checking Xenforo support to see if there's a fix we can install on our side.

8. Jon

Turns out it's a known bug with FF9/Xenforo. I'll be installing a Xenforo upgrade later today to try to fix. In the meantime, I created two new threads for the recent blog posts.

You can always use Chrome or IE if you really want to create a new thread.

9. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Fixed that for you. :D

10. Jon

Yeah, good point.

11. Buceph

Buceph Kobold

"* Something else (post in the thread with details). "

Jon: Will there ever be a blog about non-competitive multiplayer. A co-op game would be great, but even just trading with people?

12. admin

admin Blue Manchu Staff Member

The upgrade is compete and it seems to have fixed the problem. If you're still having trouble, please post in the upgrade thread I created. Thanks!

13. Althezel

Althezel Mushroom Warrior

So....Do we get some more info this week? Or is the big move still happening? ;)

14. Spinewire

Spinewire Kobold

Should add "what I am wearing" to the poll.

15. HsssH

HsssH Kobold

I'd love to know where do i sign up for beta? :D

16. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

See, now, that's some clear thinking right there. That should have been an option in the original poll.

Got to plan ahead on these things.

17. A Bear

A Bear Goblin Champion

I think we determined the "where" is inside a barrel.

The "when" is a much more interesting question these days...

18. Omnia0001

Omnia0001 Kobold

I selected other- I really want to see/hear about the new features, planning and all, for the future of the game. Like, a simple timeline of "here's how we think things will be ready for players to enjoy" and a timeline of "here's what we're focusing on developing" (or list, lists are good too). Stuff like when will co-op be added in the big scheme of things (each player brings one hero to control in an adventure) allows for players to get excited about the next new thing and kinda see down the road where the game is headed (and comment incessantly about it).

Regardless, enjoyed the game too much at PAX, need to continue pimping this to others.

19. Oiendor

Oiendor Kobold

Did not read the whole thread, so apologies when already asked:
    Will the time spent/number of turns be restricted by energy or some other kind of game mechanic?

20. mightymushroom

mightymushroom Goblin Champion

Definitely NO energy system.

I'm not aware of anything else, either, that would limit your total time spent.

Oiendor likes this.