What do you want to know more about?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jon, Aug 17, 2011.

?

What part of the game do you want to know more about?

1. The card/board battles.

83 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. Adventuring and character growth.

144 vote(s)
    52.7%
  3. The art style and direction.

35 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. Game technology and programming.

49 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. Multi-player.

89 vote(s)
    32.6%
  6. The Card Hunter world and characters.

74 vote(s)
    27.1%
  7. Deck building.

90 vote(s)
    33.0%
  8. Competitive multi-player.

59 vote(s)
    21.6%
  9. Something else (post in the thread with details).

13 vote(s)
    4.8%
  10. The monsters!

65 vote(s)
    23.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

If you're curious as to how many monsters are currently in the game, check out my monster deck project in my signature. And that is only up to lvl 12 (beta is to lvl17 and full game is rumoured to be to lvl 50).

2. Deadless78

Deadless78 Mushroom Warrior

Thanks a bunch keep chilling

3. Womble

Womble Mushroom Warrior

Good job!

4. ChadTheRad

ChadTheRad Mushroom Warrior

a question,instead of fighting "agianst" my friend,can i fight monster's with him in a campain but on two diffrent computers?

like co-op instead of PvP

Ravel likes this.
  5. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

One particular aspect that I haven't heard mention of would be non-combat oriented game-play. I'm not yet familiar with many individual cards; but are there now or are any plans to implementing non-combat oriented cards or environmental features, like in combat chest that need to be unlocked or picked? Will there be any more skill oriented cards that deal with the environment more than simply creating hindering or damaging terrain?

It's been mentioned that the addition of a Rogue class is forthcoming, like much of the game. Will there be trap cards that may either place a physical trap on the field (visible to all players or only visible to the active player)?

I was just thinking about how in some girded turn based strategy games there are hidden items located on the map that can be collected. Is there or will there be any such feature in the game?

I'm fully interested in the hack and slash of it all. But, I would like to see or know about if there will there be a more intensive DnD style skill aspect to adventuring.

6. It's hard to pick just one. So many things make a game good. Card Hunter looks to have many good aspect overall though. It has a very unique art style and direction, the game play while not exactly unique seems well implemented and it seems to have a very high re-playability. Although I still haven't gotten to play yet, So I'm making these observations based on what I have seem from game-play videos.

7. Talonius

Talonius Mushroom Warrior

I didn't select it in my initial poll results, but after reading this a bit I would also like to hear more about multiplayer cooperative dungeons. PvP isn't really my thing, but increased difficulty with more players would be awesome!

Ravel likes this.
  8. Irwik

Irwik Mushroom Warrior

What does Keep and Free Move on cards means. And other card skills? Haven't found info on them yet.

9. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

10. Rutibex

Rutibex Kobold

I have a few questions: Will DMs have access to all the cards to design campaigns or is it going to be restricted by "virtual economy"? Will there be a card editor? Is there any plans to make an actual table top version (maybe by allowing players to print their cards)?

11. Unprepared4u

Unprepared4u Mushroom Warrior

I'd like to know whether or not you have any plans to deepen the deck building process by giving players the option to choose from or swap out individual cards in items.

This could in the form of gems, enchantments, reforging..etc.

I'm not suggesting that we be given the option to remove bad traits or anything like that. Something more along the lines of removing an armor card and replacing it with a movement card of equal (or even slightly lesser) value.

12. Darion

Darion Kobold

I'd like to know what plans you have after releasing the finished game. Any expansions or new modes planned already?

13. BuyWarBonds

BuyWarBonds Kobold

If internet connection is interrupted, will it be possible to rejoin the same game in session? What happens to players that habitually ragequit or troll, is their matchmaking affected by that?

14. Platouf

Platouf Mushroom Warrior

Hello,

If your connection is interrupted, you lose your current game (in multi player or single player). If you quit it is the same. In multi player your opponent has victory screen (and rating and loot). And the player who had quit, lose rating.

Friendly,
    Platouf.

15. AxeGrinder

AxeGrinder Kobold

I'm guessing it's been mentioned, but I wouldn't mind to see some kind of explanation of the 'business model'. That is, the two types of currency, what you start out with (in terms of content/currency both) and where you can get what. I understand things can change and it may simply be easier to explain such in-game, but still.

16. I´m actually against the enchanting notion previously proposed here. I know that a large part of this will be an enormous ammount of loot, and so far i´m not dissapointed. Just by glancing at the Wiki, there´s an astounding ammount of variety to go around with, so the chances there´s a combination that´s not there are actually really low, and that makes it really interesting and keeps you playing; you know that somewhere, someplace, that piece of loot with the perfect composition is there for you, and until then, you have to make the best of your abilities to create your ultimate adventurer with all your pieces.

The ammount of different pieces of loot there are is already incredible, even if the difference is one card, and, as a programmer, i know (or guess) it´s not really that difficult to expand that diversity since all you are doing is throwing different combinations of cards into the pot. All this variance and relentless looting has me so hyped, and i´m not starting with the strategic aspect of the game.

The one question i have is, when will i g-no just kidding, anyways. How high of a priority are additional playable classes and races on the list as far as the release goes? To translate; how high is the chance of more than 3 classes/races being in the game before live release? I know the Rogue class should be highly anticipated (I am anticipating it myself), and a few races like Orcs and Dragonborn are on people´s favorite lists. Also, will future classes be using multiple kinds of items? Weapons, Staves and Divine Weapons cover a lot on their own to keep churning different types (Beta stage nuances, i know)

17. Wuyley

Wuyley Kobold

I picked multiplayer but with that said has there been any official word on the implementation of a friends list? I did a forum search and didn't come up with much besides people talking about what Guilds would be.

18. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

They recently implemented things like "Showing opponent in battle results, so players can friend/block/pm/report etc from there" (quoted here, with the initial implementation back on July 15), but only "Block" and "Report" are functional. Thus we have the safety/emergency buttons, but we have to wait and see what they do about a friends list.

Or ask right here about it, like you have, and see if that prompts them.

19. Illlllllll

Illlllllll Kobold

I still want to know how you're planning to balance multiplayer in regards to Free 2 play VS Paid accounts.

It might be "OK" now. But who knows how it'll look in a year? and then it's to late for you to "take away" advantages to either side.

(Talking PvP here)

20. Baelnor

Baelnor Kobold

I am not sure there is any need? You cant buy items point blank, and the person with the most time will always win. You get experience playing, you earn items and you understand the meta.

I would like to hear some more about how the future content releases will be managed. Will there be "seasons" or different "sets"? Will these all be compatible? Will it be more like a MTG block cycle?