What do you do about stun?

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by Jerako, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Jerako

Jerako Kobold

Please go easy on me, I do already know I'm terrible at this game. I did made some progress in a few modules and two levels in the last week or so, but the frustration that got me to quit last spring is coming back.

This time it's stun. What even is the counter to it? I honestly can't think of anything at all, and every time I try this damned mission I'm on it's stun/poison/stun/poison/KO. I can't make it past the fourth round.

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

3. Jerako

Jerako Kobold

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean by "push it off with other attachments". But I think I do have a copy of purge. I guess I'll just have to try to grind up a couple others so my cleric can be a purge machine? That and stack more move cards?

Anything else that might help beat these stupid zombies?

4. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

A character can only have 3 attachments at a time. If another is applied the oldest one gets discarded.

Have Impenetrable Nimbus on one character or whoever has the most armor run up to absorb most of the hits. Then send the others to finish them off. Or you can try using mostly ranged attacks. The zombies only have range 1 attacks so a stab heavy warrior or wizard does pretty well. Bash attacks will also work but much more slowly.

5. Jerako

Jerako Kobold

I've definitely never seen that Impenetrable Nimbus card, nor is it easy to tell from that link how to find it. I definitely want it! If I should have it by now, is there any particular set of modules to play that might help me find it?

Thanks for the help, guys.

6. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

I honestly forgot how rare Impenetrable Nimbus is. If you click expand on the Nimbus page you can see all the items that have it. I'm guessing you don't have access to major tokens yet so you'll want to look out for Shielding Token in the Daily Deal and Randimar's. If you want to farm for it you will need to do modules around level 13, within 3 levels of the level of the item I believe. I would definitely try the other strategies first. Some people go months before seeing their first Shielding Token.

Jerako likes this.
  7. Jerako

Jerako Kobold

Awesome. I did get my zombie module done just now (for some reason I thought my purge cards were for terrain, player error lol).

I'm definitely interested to see that Shielding Token.

Thanks so much. :)

Sir Veza likes this.
  8. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Yeah generally one of the best easy access strategies for a player on their first run through the campaign against any melee monsters is range 2 melee attacks (remember how annoying the Trogs were?!) Stay 2 squares away and stab them to death. Shifty Stab was one of my favorite cards early on, it does little damage but would allow me to constantly move away and stab every time a monster came next to me.

9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Speak of the devil, there is one in the Daily Deal today.

Jerako likes this.
  10. Jerako

Jerako Kobold

As there now also is one in my inventory. You guys are fantastic.

PDXTai, FDrybob and Sir Veza like this.