What are the current top-10 capable builds?

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Pilgrim Bailey, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Hi. I've taken a month or so away from the game. What are the current top 10 capable builds? I've read that the meta is currently more 'balanced' in terms of class compositions. I also know there is some inactivity at the top (presumably because the old builds aren't favored anymore).

I'm looking to hear from people in the top 10 or who are savvy overall, what build(s) is currently the most effective in this map rotation, what items you are using, what strategies you are employing (if you care to share).

Also, should I continue sitting out until I get a vibrant pain or two?

Thanks

2. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

I been seen alot of 2 warriors-1 priest or 1 warrior-2 priests with alot mass frenzy,step etc

the usul fire decks and whirlwind decks

3. Lusus121

Lusus121 Goblin Champion

Oh noes, Pilgrim is back.

4. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Same experience as tuknir... 1400+ range I tend to meet buffed step warriors, with the occasional firestorm + volcano + whirl party.

5. Nim

Nim Mushroom Warrior

In no particular order,

Wizard Control: Generally three dorf Wizards with a focus on Trait Cards, Winds of War, Lava Tiles and Short Perplexing Ray.

Whirlwind Warriors: Two Warriors and a Wizard with a focus on Step Attacks, Team Move and Whirlwind. Normally some mix of Dwarf and Human depending on how many Vibrant Pain you have.

Frenzy Warriors: Two Warriors and a Priest with a focus on Step Attacks, Team Move, Mass Frenzy and Impenetrable Nimbus. Also a mix of Human and Dwarf, scaled to the number of VPs you've got.

If that's what caused you to sit out so far, yeah probably. Nimble Strike is even more effective than usual in the current map rotation.

Pilgrim Bailey likes this.
  6. Two warriors+whatever, or a copy of the SLG deck if you have the items are what's filling the top spots almost exclusively. There are other builds in and around, thankfully, and hopefully and the map rota changes soon.

7. Kotor

Kotor Mushroom Warrior

And I always thought it was 80% icebuild..........but no 1 mentioned yet. :p

8. happymachines

happymachines Kobold

I run elf warrior, dwarf warrior, human wizard, fair number of step attacks and lots of cold/wind effects on my wizard. No VP for me but I'm in top 10 atm, so it's definitely possible. The last two matches I've fought against other top 10 people were all dwarves war/wiz/pr and all humans war/wiz/pr.

9. Shardokar

Shardokar Kobold

i fought almost all the top 10 and below, its really mixed but there larger numbers of 2 war 1 priest and 2 war 1 wiz, and a close numbers of 1 1 1. I honestly think that the game is somehow balanced rightnow, nothing unbeatable, Happymachines is the living proof.

Flaxative likes this.
  10. Minmaxer

Minmaxer Kobold

I am playing two wizards(board control, no firestorm) and a priest

11. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I've been seeing a ton of control wizards (mainly dwarves), and a variety of melee builds.

-Triple dwarf control wizards (w/trait stacking)
    -Double control wizards with warrior or support priest
    -Double warrior with cleric (team moves/mass frenzy/etc)
    -Whirl or control wizard with double warriors

In the 1400's and below there are more all-melee parties. Past 1500, pretty much everyone has at least one wizard. Priests aren't too common in the higher ranks, but they show up here and there.

A lot of the 1500+ builds have a vibrant pain, but I wouldn't say it's totally necessary.

12. TheShadowTitan

TheShadowTitan #3 in Spring PvP Season

I'm at the top 10 too and the highest place i have been was 5th with 1673 rating and I don't have vibraint pain, neither one single nimble strike and I use one warrior. My build have 17 common/uncommon, 5 rares, 6 epic (one you get in Treasure hunt in SP) and 1 legendary (3x arrogant armor heavy armor), so you don't need much great itens to be at the top. Most of the rares and epics I use can easily be replaced. I use 1/1/1 build atm but few time ago I used 2 war 1 priest and I had about the same rating that I have now and it had less epics itens and I wasn't using the legendary heavy armor.

13. Karstedt

Karstedt Goblin Champion

They will try to control you or try to mass frenzy shank you. I prefer being defeated by frenzy shanking because it's quick. I play to counter control, so if I meet my opponent in a 1:30 clash of steel and blood and los 3/5, I'm happy, but control decks just waste my time, so I'm ether going to resign in turn 1 or play to win, which pretty much always takes more than 20 minutes, that can't win quick if you have an inkling of what to do, and they are tedious to beat down.