Welcome

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jon, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Strumiker

Strumiker Mushroom Warrior

I agree with skip_intro - there is no IF when talking about Card Hunter's success!

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yes, when. That's what I meant! :oops:

3. Hopibear

Hopibear Mushroom Warrior

!! haha <-- I am already doing a bit of mouth to mouth advertising to my friends , have already a few who wants to join me :) Its gonna be fine Jon ! ^^

breakfish likes this.
  4. Pocky

Pocky Kobold

Ahh, thank you. :) This is the kind of thing I do in my day-to-day work (details, details, details), so it's crept into my non-work life, too. Heh.

I'm still looking forward to the micro-transaction info. Weird, I know, but it's one of the things I find really interesting in games these days.

5. Hopibear

I enjoyed reading your first Diary Jon!
    And thanks for the card of the week!
    In your diary you said that your character can grow , but you can't spend stat points or have attributes.
    Does your character grow by gaining experience to increase his/her lvl and that the cards are lvl restricted?
    Or is character growing a metafoor and you grow by collecting powerfull cards?

6. Jon

The simple answer is that your character grows by collecting more powerful cards. It's a bit more complex than that though and I will explain more fully in future dev diaries.

7. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Can't wait!

8. Hopibear

Alright thanks Jon for the input!

9. Fudgi3Stuff

Fudgi3Stuff Kobold

Ok. So I know that the game is set to release late this year... But has there been a more pin point release date yet?

10. FreakGlista

FreakGlista Kobold

Well ... it's better that they don't rush with it ... I rather wait a little more time, than play with ingame bugs and mistakes.

11. Hopibear

Jon : We're hoping to go into Beta late this year. I'm not sure exactly when we'll "release" yet - probably early next year I'd guess at this stage.

Btw another question ^^
    I know that you guys wanna make loot random.
    But will there be a kind of loottable for each different adventure "module" or is it really totally random.

12. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

I'm hoping it's the latter, that loot contains some unique elements per module.

13. Hopibear

Yeah same,
    crossing my fingers for it!

14. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Yes. I agree a lot. There is the perpetual idea that "we must finish the game on the deadline," which is understandable; but there's a trend recently to act as though "the deadline" is more important than "finishing the game." I read an essay from John Romero on creating Ravenwood Fair, where he spoke about Facebook games being known for shipping with chunks missing and then being fixed post-launch. You know, as if shipping "on the deadline" is the only thing that matters for a first impression, and "oops, the game is terrible" won't turn people away.

His reaction? "I’m from the world of 'You only launch once.'" I say, don't rush Card Hunter.

15. Hopibear

Yayyy i am a mushroom Warrior !

Btw Jon maybe a stupid question , but is there maybe some kind of end-game content?

16. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

It appears that all cards mean things for the characters, as in "I am this" or "I can do this." Is there any accommodation for events, like a card that means "You fall into a pit trap in the dungeon" or "You stumble upon mushrooms with curative properties"?

Or will they always be based around the characters? I can see a miner character making a pit trap, or an herbalist character searching for mushrooms.

17. Jon

What do you mean by that? Do you mean, is there something to move onto after you've finished the campaign?

If so, the answer is that we'll try to provide lots of levels of achievement for the campaign; if the game is successful, we'll be releasing more content over time and multi-player should always provide a challenge for those who have truly exhausted the single-player content.

18. Jon

Great question and one we're thinking about at the moment. We have lots of ideas but we're still working out how to get this sort flavour in without over complicating the game.

19. Rising Zan

Rising Zan Mushroom Warrior

What plans do you have on creating the actual hero characters? Will hero character customization be as flexible an MMO (able to pick class, gender, and a few initial cosmetic options?) or will their only be a few default hero's to choose from such as Human Knight and Elf Rouge?

Since some adventures will cost money to obtain can players also play to earn points to be able to get adventures through sheer determination and grinding for points?

20. Jon

This is a bit of a guess but I would say that you get to pick your character's class, race and gender and perhaps a few starting items. The real customisation will come after that as your character grows.