Welcome

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jon, Jul 13, 2011.

1. tsilver33

tsilver33 Kobold

Saw the trailer, saw the dev team, and saw it was free. I just want to say: I'm sold. I cannot wait to join the beta. This whole thing is just one big pot of awesome concepts, and the perfect chefs to cook it into a perfect stew. I'm rooting for you guys.

However, I just want to briefly mention that not all of us only want Co-Op. Don't get me wrong, Co-Op is awesome, but I don't want all the focus taken away from PvP. Personally I prefer competition over co-operation, though both have their fans and so both deserve consideration. I just want to remind you that not everyone only wants Co-Op. ;)

Also, a question not so much having to do with the game itself, but with that trailer of yours. Those paper figurines the actors were using looked fantastic, so I'm assuming they were printed via PC and not handmade, any chance we might be able to download those in the future from your site?

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Oh, good suggestion, thanks.

3. Jon

The answer to this is kind of complex. Deckbuilding is a bit different from your average CCG and we'll be going into this in more detail soon.

4. nikwing

nikwing Kobold

Aah...so a combination of TCG + Dungeon crawl RPG + Deckbuilding like Dominion. Really interesting!

5. Faboo

Faboo Kobold

It sound realy nice! I can't wait news.

6. Strumiker

Strumiker Mushroom Warrior

Oh noes!! the infamous "soon"!!! Don't get sucked into that black-hole! *Phloomp*

7. breakfish

breakfish Kobold

hey, I just joined the forums, and I wanted to say that everything looks nice and seems simple and functional.

I heard that this game was being worked on by Richard Garfield, is that true?

8. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Seems like it:

http://www.dreamstation.cc/news/new...lue-manchu-and-creator-of-magic-the-gathering

9. Hopibear

Hopibear Mushroom Warrior

I saw on the trailer that the human warrior had like an equipment card , are those cards passive ?
    How many cards can a hero have? For example that human wizard had 3 cards.
    And if the cards of the hero are played.. are they out of move? or will each turn add 1 more card to the hero?

:D

10. sageco

sageco Kobold

Long time magic player here and this is exactly the kind of game that I enjoy

breakfish likes this.
  11. Strumiker

Strumiker Mushroom Warrior

If you take a close look at the mini image on the front page of the main website - the heroes there each have four cards. I would assume the numbers beneath are cards left in your hand and discard pile. Also in the video and the more recent screenshot, if you look in the log section in the top right - it seems that things like armor could be a counter to attacks. It shows the dragon plays Scaly Hide that blocks 2 damage. Although it could also be when you play something like that, it will be a buff that stays till it's used up. I'm thinking though the log that we aren't seeing is:

Human Warrior
    Plays Chop.
    -Deals 4 damage.
    Card discarded.

Then maybe the Crimson Dragon interrupts with the Scaly Hide or defenders are giving an opportunity to defend any attack made on them. We can only speculate :p

12. Hopibear

Yeah now that you say it, I do see 4 cards on the mini screen on the mainpage.
    Also ur right on the small log. Hmm speculate indeed:p if a game starts we start up with perhaps 4 cards for each hero and get each turn maybe an extra card. Perhaps Jon could give an insight when he is able to.

13. Thardin

Thardin Kobold

Are there any plans to release a background for computers? I really like the image that you use under the logo, and I'd like a full size one so I can be reminded of this game every day.

14. Jon

Yep, you got the deck and discard pile stuff right. The way armor and defenses work in the game is quite interesting and different what I've seen in other games. It will take a bit of explaining so I'll save that for a blog post or something like that.

15. Jon

Are you talking about the map? Yeah, we should release that as a desktop background. I'll see what we can pull together.

16. Hopibear

Hey Jon i have a few questions.
    I assume that your hero can lvl up. Whats the max lvl that your hero can get.
    Do you gain skillpoints and have to spend it in stats?
    Do Characters have special abilities and how does it work?
    Is there some sort of character customisation?

I have a bunch of friends and we use teamspeak to play our games.
    It would be fun if there was a gamemode that we are able to play together and one of us could be the Dungeon Master. Is that possibility there for that gamemode?

17. Kvothe_Rocks!

Kvothe_Rocks! Kobold

Saw the movie file and screenshots and was hooked immediately! I enjoy some humor and tactical/strategic depth in the games I play and this looks to fill that niche perfectly. Great job Blu Manchu!

18. Jon

Levelling up is a bit different in this game to what you are probably used to. We'll explain properly in some blog posts and articles in the near future.

As for co-op against a DM - we've definitely talked about that and it sounds really cool. It won't be in the initial release of the game though I'm afraid. It will be on our list to do if the game is successful.

19. Hopibear

Thanks Jon for your input!
    I would love to see a co-op against a DM , to release it later as a downloadable content would be cool.
    And about the game being succesful I am pretty sure that it wont be a problem ^^.

20. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

When the game is successful, you mean... :rolleyes: