Webcomics (the un-animated thread)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Kalin, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

You're welcome!

2. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Most of my favorite comics have already been shared on here, so I'm going to give you three completed ones that are what I would call a good read.

Spacetrawler is a sci-fi story about a group of alien rebels trying to free the Eebs, a race enslaved by the entire galaxy due to their low willpower and incredibly useful skills with technology. To help them on this mission, they abduct five humans to form their new crew. Things then go rather badly, as you could have probably guessed from the story being told by the ship's captain to the parent of one of the deceased humans. It's got about 400 pages, each being rather large and filled with content.

Other works by the artist: One Way, which @Kalin mentioned already.

Digger is a story about a wombat losing its way and stumbling into a land filled with gods and prophecies, but the main theme underlying it seems to be what happens when unlike cultures meet. It won a Hugo award for being the best Graphic Story, so I think it's quality is pretty high there. Has about 750 pages, but the panels are generally larger than Spacetrawler, so I'd say the stories are about the same length.

Other works by the artist: Drew the Biting Pear of Salamanca, something you may know as the Lolwut pear.

Everyone here has probably heard of Homestuck and probably complained about it at least once, so I'm not going to refer it. Problem Sleuth, on the other hand, I personally feel is a much better comic. Hardboiled detectives get embroiled in a series of continually stranger escapades in an attempt to escape their offices while trying to fight the local mob and getting completely drunk on candy, liquor, and sometimes both at once. No angsting alien kids, a slightly less complex plot (still nuts), and it's already finished! I don't want to count how many pages it has, but the story is about the same length as the other two due to the fact some pages are single panels.

Other works by the artist: a bunch of other comics I guess

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Quote of the day:
    wc.png

4. WhiteSorcerer

WhiteSorcerer Guild Leader

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    Pawndawan likes this.