Want two of the same legendary from the Daily Deal?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by wavy, Jul 6, 2015.

1. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

Noticed this a couple of days ago, but wanted to confirm it for sure...

It's possible to buy two copies of the same item from the DD on the same day. The way to do it is to avoid looking at the DD on day 1 (see @peonprop 's review so you know what you'll be missing), but stay logged in and don't look at it until the clock ticks over to day 2. You can then buy day 2's goodies and then log in again for a fresh batch of the same DD!

Bandreus, Stexe, Xayrn and 3 others like this.
  2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks for the tip! This is quite revolutionary for item availability and will have a big effect on multiplayer if using it becomes popular.

3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

If the DD's contents (legendary and epic, if not all) were posted soon after reset, it would be quite helpful for this. I can do it some days, if I'm online and not trying to finish out a run before the game crashes. If it's received well, it might become another CH community institution.

4. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

I'm not available around reset time but I will try to post the items as soon as I'm able.

5. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I'm available around reset time, so I can post it.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    Sir Veza likes this.
  6. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I have a better idea, I will create the thread named Today's Daily Deal and post the daily deal which I will update daily.

Stexe likes this.
  7. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

I've been asked if I could explain how I did this and how I proved it, so will try to clarify as best I can...

You can only do this every two days.

1) (Day 1) Don't view (enter) the DD shop at all today - it should still show the 'new items' icon.
    2) (Day 1) Stay logged in over the reset at 00:00 UTC. You're now in day 2.
    3) (Day 2) After 00:00 UTC, click on the DD and buy your item(s). The inventory only seems to be set when you view it, so you can decide when to stock the shop.
    4) (Day 2) Refresh your browser and log in again.
    5) (Day 2) DD has restocked with Day 2's items ...get some more lovely goodies!

If you know each day's contents and there's nothing that you need then it's best to never view the DD so you're always ready for the double dip.

I was almost tempted to buy my third The Hackmaster today, but proved it by buying a Bracelet Of Elements as I only had 7 of those. After refresh, another was in stock.

Once the test server is in sync with live, even the person reporting the DD doesn't need to miss out!

Stexe, kustaa, Sir Veza and 2 others like this.
  8. Accent

Accent Hydra

Forgive me, but I'm not seeing where you would get the item the second time.

1) Log in
    2) Don't check DD until post-reset
    3) Purchase item post-reset
    4) Refresh browser/client
    5) Open DD again . . . same item available? Next day's item?

9. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

When you open DD for the second time, you'll see the same selection as in step 3 but any items you bought will be restocked.

10. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

Unless there is something I am missing, I would like to logically go through step by step of Wavy's instructions.

1. You do not enter the DD. Let's assume the DD has Vampire's Blade and Copper Amulet.
    2. Wait in game until the reset.
    3. Now go ahead and buy the Vampire's Blade, but ignore the Copper Amulet.
    4. Refresh browser. (As with loot fairy standards.)
    5. Quote: "DD has restocked with Day 2's items" - Here is where I get confused. How does this enable one to duplicate purchase an item? It will be the next day's items in the DD, not a duplicate of the first day's items. In our hypothetical scenario, both the Vampire's Blade and the Copper Amulet would be replaced by the new DD items, voiding us of the opportunity to buy a duplicate.

If anyone has any insight to this, please comment, because I don't see how this is different from simply refreshing at the normal time.

11. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

You have step 3 wrong. DD in step 3 now contains day 2 items because you didn't look at the shop on day 1.

12. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Basically what is being said is that the shop inventory isn't established from the server until you enter the shop. So if you don't enter the shop on day one, and then enter it on day two w/o resetting client-side the shop's inventory is established at that moment. So even though you haven't refreshed, you get day 2 inventory. Then by refreshing you refresh the shop and it again loads day 2's inventory when you enter the 2nd time. The catch is you never have a shot at day 1's inventory. Does that help?

13. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

I wonder is the same true about Randy? I mean it's a lot less useful since you don't know what 10 items you are missing, but I am curious.

14. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I would expect it to be true with all 5 shops.

15. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

As would I, but you never know when details of implementation may make things work differently.

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I can test this with a common shop tonight, since I never visit them anyway.

17. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

Oh ok. That makes more sense. Going to test this soon. (hopefully!)

18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

As you say, it wouldn't be too useful, but it should be easy to test.
    - Don't look at Randimar's for a week
    - After reset, enter and record Randimar's contents
    - Refresh, and compare the new contents to those recorded
    The test server is ideal for checking this, but currently only for those who have access.

19. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Tried it with Goblin Market, and got different stock after refresh.

20. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

Same as Kalin with armory