Vibrant Pain - Best Weapon In The Game

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Flaxative, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Ector

Ector Hydra

It isn't my job to convince you either :) You wanted my opinion, you've got it. BTW, looks like you still have more than 14 attacks, considering your shield and Novice Bruising :)

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Oh no you found me out

3. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

I don't have Sal Halberd nor Defender Buckler so I use what I got. Snitrick's Shield, Master's Battleaxe for extra Nimble and Frenzied Slicing. Slicing is double damage which is quite fun with additional power from frenzy and rage. My other char is running Advanced Training which is also fun with this build. Lets me to pass those missing Horned Plates, extra blocks or few Spears of Darkness to get nice life draining effect. I went on loss-less streak from 1150 to 1450 and every game was easy.

CT5 and Flaxative like this.
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Vibrant Pain: In the present, as in the past, worth 300 Elo.

Magic Elves and CT5 like this.
  5. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

After some games I got bored and started to edit my party to change gameplay by a bit. Did not get any good result and it seems that 1500 is the highest I can get with this. Could anyone comment my current setup? With my poor card selection I got hard time deciding on what to use.

A
    Level 18 Elf Warrior

B
    Level 18 Human Priest

C
    Level 6 Human Priest

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    Flaxative likes this.
  6. Hutto

Hutto Kobold

Maybe one day I'll get a Vibrant Pain. And Crazy Sal's Halberd. Maybe even 2 of each!

Recently got a Searing Pain to go with a Blue Destruction, so at least I can try a burfft build for now.

doog37 and Flaxative like this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'd be down to play you again, our match the other day was nailbiting and very fun.

8. Jezterscap

Jezterscap Lizardman Priest

After reading your post I thought I would have a go at trying to abuse the one copy of Vibrant Pain I have with added card advantage from 2 priests.

BigChewer
    Level 1 Dwarf Warrior
    Decoy
    Level 1 Human Priest
    ComboTime
    Level 1 Human Priest

Alas no Crazy Sal's , but I think Shieldripper fills the spot nicely, adding to card advantage when the opponent discards.
    One real weakness I found was drawing Ill-fitting armor can pretty much end your turn without having a way to discard it.
    Wizard match-ups can be very tough, but that comes down to positioning and moving with cover.
    Hoping to get another Vibrant Pain and really test it.

9. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Without Crazy Sal's it doesn't work as well. Try Troll's Ire if you have that -- but you want Blind Rage to cycle and for bonus damage.

10. Jezterscap

Jezterscap Lizardman Priest

3 blind rage seems enough to keep it up.
    I understand cycling to thin your deck and draw more Nimble Strikes but it isn't really a problem. Infact I hit the draw cap quite a bit.

11. Stexe

It is more about cycling to draw Frenzy Aura and Defender's Block than it is to draw Nimble Strike.

... But yeah, if you're hitting the draw cap then you should be fine. I hit the draw cap a few times when I tried the build, but not enough to make it problematic.

Flaxative likes this.
  12. Stexe

I wonder if using 3 of those Blind Rage cyclers would be better than having a Priest with MF... I mean you're talking about 3 VPs and 3 Crazy Sal's and 3 Raging Battlers for Legendaries... but would it have a higher damage and win rate?

I tried it out on the test server to see how often I'd hit the draw cap with the cycling, and it is fairly rare (I usually get down to 2 or 3 not including Defender's Block). Not sure on the merits of using a Priest for MF exactly... you're going to be averaging something like +3 damage per character (average of 1.5 attacks) which nets you +9 damage just from MF. Can another warrior make that up with just Blind Rage and Frenzy Aura (and possibly Bruiser)? Haven't done the math but wondering what others think.

13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Interesting question. Priest actually helps a lot by doing things like running Perfect Command. The base 3 move speed is useful on a lot of maps, and because every single attack is a stab except for the Aegis chop he's actually got a lot of reach. If I get a third set of my dwarves' legendaries I'll try it out but I like a lot of things the priest provides.

14. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I've yet to see a 3 warrior build that improves upon the 2war-1priest set-ups.
    If I were to attempt this type of strategy (assuming unlimited resources) I would use 2 Dwarf warriors with 2VPs 1 Troll ire 1 Raging Battler and the Frothing Curass, Hawkwinds, Ichabod's buckler, Crusty helm and novice impaling (or whatever 2 trait, 0 token you like).
    I don't have time to balance out a support priest, but 1 Aegis of defender, 2 bleneth's, vigun's blessed blade (0 token, 3 strong hack, 1 stab and 2 surestrike) a St. Olf's, an amulet of inspiration, mouse boots, some Command, and have a token left between the armor and divine skill (focused on Altruism).
    I know I am giving up a defender's and some Blind rage, to get the second VP, but I think it is worth it.

I might just sign into the test environment just to see how i like this. Right now I have 0 VP, 0 Raging Battler, 1 Sal's, 2 Bleneth's Skulls, 0 troll Ire's and 4 Aegis of defender, 2 mouse boots, 1 hawkwinds, 2 or 3 Vigun's (which i love) of the Legendary or Epic's discussed so dont worry you wont see a flying Dwarf from me anytime soon.

15. Stexe

I have a 3 Warrior build that I use fairly successfully and that wins out on 2 Warrior 1 Priest builds more often than not. Also, Troll's Ire is decent, but the lack of step attacks or push back and synergy with Bruiser makes it not as good in many cases. I've tried both on the test server. Generally you don't need the armor removal that Troll's Ire provides because you're fishing for Frenzy Aura. That and getting rid of Aegis of the Defender makes you a lot weaker. That's pretty much a requirement in my eyes.

16. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

Always found triple warrior builds can be scary to face but ultimately stumble unless they can double team an opponent via team moves. They also sometimes have a hard time holding a VP and putting pressure on an opposing one. Your priest can hold a VP and still contribute significantly to a battle for another VP.

Most cases there with 3 warriors there will typically be 1 warrior who is out of blocks or out of attacks. A single warrior of your own with buffs can often trade blows with the other 2 opposing warriors and end up trading 1-1 for characters with your opponent spending more cards to do it. I've often run in with my priest after that and severely damaged the other warrior with buffed spear pokes. Damaged opposing warrior is then forced to run away as they have no real way to recover HP loss and will likely die when your 2nd warrior comes in.

This all still depends on cards drawn but I've beaten triple warrior builds quite often. When I asked what they had left in their hand, it's usually a whack of team moves and blocks and not enough attacks.

17. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Well I understand that 2 defender's block is better than 1 but I think the trade off is worth it since you are gaining 2 wounded blocks for 1 defender's and 1 weak chop... of course I will never have the items to make this build in MP. But that aside, there are 12, repeat TWELVE Nimble Strikes if you are using 2 VPs. DO YOU REALLY NEED MORE step attacks? Again trade-offs are being made, but the rare cards are Frenzy Aura and defender's, which is by far the best block, but I think having a 3rd block is still as good or better. Did I mention 12... right I did already.

18. Stexe

Your build failed me! In 5 turns I only drew 2 NS! WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!

19. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

That's random!

Flaxative and Grimmace like this.
  20. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

No, that's player incompatibility. The evil RNG can tell. Flax, being staff, has the inside track.

doog37, CT5, Flaxative and 1 other person like this.