Vibrant Pain - Best Weapon In The Game

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Flaxative, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

Wondering: Does War Cry work on Defender's block? Does war cry get rid of Cause Fumble?

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

If you target the character holding it, yes.

3. doog37

doog37 Hydra

So assuming a Dwarf with Raging Battler this build would have an effect size of 27 with 6 NS = 22.2% chance of a draw of a NS, not too bad but not automatic.

4. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

I tried VP dwarf team for few days after the recent balance changes and found it underwhelming. Even with buffs - I tried both MF and Demonic Power as the main buff and neither was effective enough to be dominant. Essentially, you have to dedicate your priest entirely to a single card as Flax mentioned to consistently get it. Without the buff, nimble strike just ends up jumping you in range of a beating. It's never blocked but who cares. It's only 4 damage. If it was moved up to 5 damage it might be a bit more attractive.

In the end, I switched over to dual double edged swords for my dwarf. Still has some decent amount of step attacks and strong ranged pokes which lets you avoid some damage and reach wizards. Plus it saves gold tokens which allows much better support items such as sliding boots and aegis of the defender.

Still waiting for you to prove me wrong flax. let me know when you have time to show me what your deck can do!

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I believe nothing is a better spokesperson than a lucky win streak my intense elo.

Vakaz, CT5 and Sir Veza like this.
  6. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

I think you misspelled ego. :rolleyes:

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm pretty sure I successfully conveyed everything I set out to convey. Orthography is secondary to effective communication. :cool:

CT5 likes this.
  8. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

VP hidden tech for owning since i was relevant... that's a long time ago!

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  9. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

Galvatron approves.

CT5 and Flaxative like this.
  10. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

Player skill has just as much to do with ELO as the deck. I'm sure you could break 1700 with a peasant deck Flax.

11. Ector

Ector Hydra

Before you start accusing me in "trolling" and other stupid things, I have to reveal that Flaxative himself asked me for a feedback. We had a very interesting discussion on Vibrant Pain and Superb Trickery.

As most of you already know, I am "the sage" who advocated 14 attacks minimum for a warrior. This, however, is just a "lazy man's rule", to avoid calculating average damage per turn for each weapon setup, and there are exceptions. If you have 4 traits on the weapons, then your effective deck size is much lower, and you can go with 13 attacks. Still, I don't like the idea of many buffs with low number of attacks, that sounds counter-productive. I also don't like the idea of relying too much on the buffs: you may have to wait for too long until you finally get enough buffs and enough attacks. Thus, I'd prefer Rageblood Dagger to Eixocl's Hammer here.
    I like Crazy Sal's Halberd idea very much. That's right what the Vibrant Pain needs: Blind Rages and armor or attacks when needed. Too bad I don't have it myself :)

Flax's warrior seems to be dwarf, but I really like the Vibrant Pain + Superb Trickery combo. The tactics is: you play Elven Trickery, move to the enemy and discard his attack, then play Nimble Strike to backstab the enemy and block his way to escape. This should work great at least versus the wizards - much better than the described version, since a burning wizard can easily replace your attachments with his own ones.

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I didn't break 1700 until I switched from the former to the latter. Raging Strike is simply too big a liability. For a dwarf, I'd rather draw Walk than Raging Strike in 99% of cases, and Dodge is (still) a bit better than Walk. As you read in my guide, though, I advocate going for the Rageblood Dagger on an elf, in part because of some bogus spiel about elves needing higher DPT, but mostly because you're going to die in two hits whether or not you have Raging Strike in hand.

Stexe likes this.
  13. Ector

Ector Hydra

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Unnerving Strike IS great with Nimble Strike (and hey, they're both Strikes!), but actually, Pressing Bash and Lunging Bash are my best tools against Nimbus, and I'm at 91% win rate since perfecting this build, so I'm not going to fix something that ain't broke. I'd be happy to hear how you fare with the items you'd recommend!

15. Ector

Ector Hydra

Not very far, I guess, since, you know, I'm a bad player. Thanks for the hint about beating Nimbus though; I didn't think about that at all. Probably you should try Crimson Morningstar then, as even the weak attacks aren't weak with that much buffs.

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Interesting suggestion! Do you think it's better than Eixocl's, though? It's 1 fewer bash, and honestly Pressing Bash is probably better than Powerful Bash most of the time. Dodge seems better than Simple Strike... and Pressing Bash is definitely better than Bludgeon!

17. Ector

Ector Hydra

Yes, it's better than Eixocl's, since you have more attacks (5 vs 4) and more damage (25 vs. 20). I don't believe that one Dodge is better than Simple Strike, since you have enough movement, but not enough attacks. Pressing Bash may be better than Powerful Bash if you need to move the enemy from the victory area and grab it for yourself; but I wouldn't sacrifice damage just for that. Pressing Bash is definitely worse when Powerful Bash is enough to kill that enemy :)

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hm well it's not my job to convince you of anything but you have completely failed to convince me. Thanks for trying! Good luck with your own builds.

19. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

What Martial Skill do you use? Bruiser synergies well with Eixocl's, but I'm not sure going for something like Novice Bruising is the best. Any thoughts?

20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

That's the one I use.