Vengeance needs a saving roll

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by rinco69, Feb 9, 2017.

?

How should Vengeance be nerf'd?

Poll closed Feb 16, 2017.
  1. Saving Roll

27.6%
  2. When targeted

17.2%
  3. -Keep

3.4%
  4. Armor 1

13.8%
  5. Revealed when drawn

10.3%
  6. Move 1 not 2!

34.5%
  7. Upgrade value (emerald)

3.4%
  8. Upgrade value (amesyth)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Vengeance is perfect as it is

27.6%
  10. Reduce the damage by 1-2

27.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 3beaner

3beaner Guild Leader

It works against ranged really well, sure...but thank goodness it does! Take that away and warriors vs mages with any sort of control becomes a very dull affair now that sprint and sprint team are nerfed.

2. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Vengeance doesn't even work that well against control anyway, since they either do 0 damage or 1 damage which is easily negated by armor.

And I disagree about Sprint Team and Sprint nerf, played against a brute force triple human warrior sprint team and bejeweled build a couple days ago and even my control loaded wizard couldn't keep them away.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  3. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

But these Vengeance warriors (has anyone bothered with Vengeance priests?) don't have any armour. They push forwards, hit hard, greater heal, boom! Elven Manoeuvres and AccelBlessCano have nothing on this. This is a game about positioning... and Vengeance players get to position without discarding a card!?!?!?!

4. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

For a guy who has not played Ranked in almost a month, rinco is very passionate about nerfing vengeance.

5. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

@BVD Your ranking tanked hard with this new map rotation. I assume you're still running that Vengeance build. Maybe your losses prove me wrong?

6. BlackVoidDeath

Nah, I just got extremely unlucky: three games in a row vs bunch o wizards with obliterating sparks.
    Not much I could do with my vengeance, but that still doesnt mean I support your viewpoint. ;)

7. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Vengeance is also more playable than many other very powerful cards because it is available on minor token items. I can trick out my warriors with very nice major token gear and then throw on a vengeance in the third weapon slot for a single minor token...because I can. This is dissimilar to many EttSC power cards that are mostly only available on major token items.
    Yet another reason someone should submit my Wimpy staff to Aloyzo's. Or make your own.

8. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Hey, uh, Flaxative, how're you? You don't need to read this post. Move along, move along...

*psst* @tolkien - quarantine reasons for upcoming Aloyzo items to the one thread, eh? $E^ J

tolkien likes this.
  9. Vengeance was a big mistake, the melee power creep is absolutely insane.

10. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

No, it's fine.
    I've already found out how to counter them.
    Ready To Strike.
    They move next to me, risk taking punishing damage. Attempt to run away, control wiz uses Winds Of War to bring them reeling back.

11. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

I"m still not convinced that vengeance needs a nerf, and also have yet to have a chance to own its "uber items" to find out for myself :(

Vengeance is great for positioning, but weak for damage for a gold card (besides vs nightling). Its just a strong hack. If I am playing against warriors I'll take Impaling Stab or Mighty Bludgeon over it all day. Granted it can be great against certain wizards decks (cough burning, cough). But ice wizards, tk wizards, even gusts/ winds while your vengeance guy has armor, is fine, and i repeat again, I'd like to think thatsince Vengeance has come out the other side of a long testing process, it like many other cards has its strengths and weaknesses. I don't see the need to press the panic button just yet.

I"m also surprised there's be no mention of a nerf to how much damage triggers it. What if Vengeance only triggered on damage of say 5 or more? After all who needs to get revenge after receiving a weak strike or ember burst? Likewise this will allow Burning Wiz to shine against Vengeance, since a Firestarter-boosted Glob of Flame burning damage is the most damage a Burning Wiz can do, at 5 damage.

12. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Bless, Illusory Barrier and Greater Heal w/ Alttruism are bigger offenders anyways.

13. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I wonder if the timing of Vengeance could be nerfed at all behind the scenes.
    It's so annoying when you Entangling Roots a warrior two squares away and he vengeance moves next to you in response, or bash, or cannon, or encumber. Would there be any way to have the effects go into place before vengeance?

14. BlackVoidDeath