Vanguard + Wind Dancer

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Tyro, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

Has anyone else played with this enough to have some advice? I've been running 2-1-0 with a focus on step attacks and cantrip moves, but I'm sure I could be doing it better. I don't have my build on hand but it's fairly standard stuff.

Edit: 2 human step warriors and an Inspiration/Altruism human priest.

2. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

IMHO only worthwile skill with Wind Dancer is Ascendant Dervish. But If I'm going to spend a minor token on a warrior skill, I'd still rather have Savvy Attacker.

Vanguard is amazing though and there are many great human skills to choose from: No tokens to spare? Subtle Positioning is a solid choice. With minor token the choice is harder; both Focused Positioning and Veteran Positioning are amazing.

Anyways, here's a suggestion from a player who doesn't play multiplayer at all :D

Maverick, lvl 18 human warrior

Vibrant Pain
    Vibrant Pain
    Troll's Ire
    Subtle Positioning
    Focused Dervish
    Bellowing Helm
    Perilous Ringmail
    Mouse Boots
    Twisting Shield

Seems rather self-sufficient; you mostly have step attacks, but you also have some damage boosts, armor removals and block removals.

ParodyKnaveBob and Tyro like this.
  3. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

Why Twisting and not Hexagon or Granwick's?

4. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Those are perfectly good options. What I chose is definitely not set in stone.

5. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

6. Dark Brightness

Dark Brightness Orc Soldier

I have played some games with wild dancer and I have to say that it has excellent synergy with leadership,instead of the seemingly powerful vanguard. Vanguard is really good for positioning,but I don't see that much good synergy with wild dancer.
    Not gonna say a particular build,since those were half-ass made ones,which means I never played enough games to improve them,although I can say that it has big potential.
    Anyway the idea is having a warrior and 2 priests,which would be buffing with extra draws,heals and frenzies and some support attacks.Once a warrior draws wild dancer and gets couple unreliable blocks,he looks more like "weak" in most people eyes,deciding to chase him.This is where u just cast leadership,overturning things. Also leadership is good way to "empower" your priest hand draw and discar the extra movement cards which u engage with another warrior,"trash cards" and etc.
    Anyway,in my opinion,wild dancer with vanguard is good choice,but I think it's also worth it trying wild dancer packed with leadership.

Tyro and j3st3ri like this.
  7. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

I'll try that, thanks

8. c4rnivean

c4rnivean Orc Soldier

The Whiteglow has a nice variety of utility cards, but very inconsistent and nimble strike seems less valuable on a character designed to run away. Wouldn't Evensong be more reliable?

Also, your design is good, but isn't this considered a weak role for a priest since the long-ago altruism nerf? If you want to draw, Stargod/Ulrich is great, but Altruism/Inspiration is so focused it basically costs you 1 character to double another character's draw. Isn't it better to just bring 3 powerful characters?

Seconding that leadership is the best combo with wind dancer by far. Maybe even try Iljin again.

Tyro likes this.
  9. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

The whole idea behind my build is the fact that the OP plays Inspiration/Altruism human priest. :rolleyes:

10. c4rnivean

c4rnivean Orc Soldier

Which is why I'm pointing out that most people think that is not a great way to go.