[Utility] Collection Analysis

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by neoncat, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Derek

Derek Orc Soldier

All of the utilities hosted here: http://www.Stexe.com/CardHunter work perfectly. I'm not sure how or why I ended up on outdated tools. Perhaps that shows how difficult it is to navigate 10 pages of forum posts and find the right iteration.

The fact that this website works means there is absolutely no reason to go through everything I laid out above (since deleted/amended). I will amend it to point people to the proper web address.

~~~

For funsies:

Mac comes with the capability to handle local .php files out of the box, but the feature is disabled by default, and the way I laid out above I believe is the easiest/only way to turn it on.

Despite being preprocessed OSX refuses to cooperate because they are local .php files. Renaming them to .html does indeed work so even if the website is down, renaming is the next best alternative for Mac users (and my method [since deleted/amended] should not be used).

Thank you for the clarification

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018 at 11:50 AM
    Stexe, ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  2. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

The website now works for me. Yay. $:^ J

upload_2018-1-12_13-9-13.png

3. PhoenixTheHunter

PhoenixTheHunter Lizardman Priest

Hey guys,

I'm back into Util-Maintenance, finally. Or to be more precise, I'm slowly getting to know my own code, again :cool: . I haven't decided what my next big thing will be. There are some ideas on my list, @Force.ofWill 's idea is still floating around. But I'm pretty sure that I will present another totally new tool soon (as soon as I decided what this will be exactly).

In the meantime, I thought it would be a good idea to make some bug-fix version. There was the info-page-problem that I fixed but haven't added into a full version. In addition, I found some minor things that were broken, too. So, instead of keeping all those bugs until I finally decided on my new big-deal-update, I wanted to get them done quickly, so that the tools are usable while I'm brainstorming for new ideas. Tell me, if there are still bugs that I haven't spotted yet.

A small thing that bothered me for some time was the way the listed adventures in the campaign badge were (not) sorted. I haven't found the perfect sorting, yet, but I created one that is very intuitive. It's a 3-stage-sort: Adventures with a lower level always come first and adventures without your own team (MM + AI (not hard)) come last. Within one adventure level, base adventures come first, the other adventures are sorted by the set that introduced them (e.g. AotA first, ..., CM last). Within each level and set group the adventures are sorted by name.

Now we come to the most-used and most-updated tool: the collection analysis.
    • The info page should now open up in every browser and regardless of the used ad blocker
    • The wiki links in the info page open in a new tab (if your browser doesn't prevent this)
    • The missing two sorting policies (sorting for tokens ascending and descending) are finally added and should be identical to the keep's sort, too - now I can say, that my tool has more sortings than the Keep without missing any of the Keep's ones
    • Using a filter like ' []!~"some text that shouldn't be in the item's text" ' didn't affect the results at all (no items were excluded) because I haven't designed this right. Now this type of filtering should work again. ' <?>[]=~"Crushing" ' will show all items where at least one card has the text 'Crushing' somewhere (The card 'Attack, Soldier!' will also be found this way) and ' <!>[]!~"Crushing" ' will only show items where no card mentions the text 'Crushing' on it. Therefore ' <?>[]=~"Crushing" ' is now the exact opposite of ' <!>[]!~"Crushing" ' and ' <?>[]=~"Crushing" ' is in a way what the keep does.
    • The headers in the tool's result weren't styled correctly
    Have fun with the tools and good luck for all your hunts.
    Phoenix

Attached Files:

Sir Veza and Force.ofWill like this.
  4. PhoenixTheHunter

I'd suggest that someone checks if the hosted tools are linked in any FAQ, Tutorial or similar and updates the links accordingly (or add a link at appropriate places if it isn't linked yet). Or - if Stexe doesn't want to keep the old versions for legacy reasons - move the new version to the old name. But I like the /CardHunter/-address more. I could also create a new index-file for the old versions with the note that there are newer versions (with a link)?? But as the old tools don't link their index-file correctly I'm not sure if someone will find this note (if someone had bookmarked a specific tool and not the index-file).

As I'm already writing about the hosted files: The two mentioned pages are still unavailable. The Cross-Ref isn't a big deal (I don't think that many will use it) but that the filter cheat sheet isn't there is a bigger problem for anyone not following this thread.

Phoenix

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

That's how I do it, except my final step instead of alphabetical, I list them in the order they unlock. So level 18 is: Troll, Mind, then Plume. I also try to keep connected modules close together, so Temple of Terror before Black Forest. And the lowest level modules are listed clockwise. Oh, and treasure hunts after free modules.

6. PhoenixTheHunter

Yeah, that's what I meant with perfect sorting. I would like to have something similar. And sorting by treasure hunt or not would be possible (should I add this somewhere in my stages, I wasn't sure about this one??). But the rest is a bit problematic.

Of course, starting with level 16 (and around Melvelous and Cockroaches) they unlock mostly one at a time. but earlier on the unlocking pretty much is determined by the order in which you complete them. You can have White Star unavailable although you have finished the whole campaign just by skipping Diamonds of the Kobolds. So, I had to define THE ONE CORRECT WAY of playing card hunter. I support you with the tools but I won't tell you what you should do exactly.

And there are many software engineers (me included) who hate so-called "magic numbers" (facts that are just true, because someone inserted them into the program, but there is no algorithm that can check them, just like axioms in math). And explicitly telling the sorting algorithm that War Monkeys and Temple of Terror both feature Monkeys is in a way just coding magic numbers, hence, automatized thematic sorting is (almost) impossible.

And sorting clockwise (or counter-clockwise) would be possible but a lot of crunching numbers. The collection analysis more and more starts to slow down because of too many features. So, if the number crunching doesn't bring me a huge benefit, I'll not do it.

But after all, thanks for you utopian suggestion. I really appreciate any comments.

Phoenix

PS: Do you manage an own list of adventures for something, or what was the meaning of "how I do it"

PPS: and which condition is more important: the clockwise or the unlock order? Lair of the Trog Wizard (preferred by clockwise) before Highway Robbery (preferred by unlock order) or after that?

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I sort by level first, so it's the unlock order if you complete every module on this level before doing any on the next.

It's not magic, just look at the top-right corner of the module cover.
    connectedmodules.png

Oh wait, are you trying to calculate the order of modules every time someone creates a badge? Yeah, don't do that. Just hard code an order that looks good to you.

Back in beta I kept a log of every chest I opened, to try to work out the rarity formulas. I still update it, but I only log Loot Fairy chests now.

Here's the order I personally prefer:
    Raid on Ommlet
    Kobold Encampment
    Tunnels into Darkness
    White Skull Canyon
    Wizard's Workshop
    Caverns of the Troglodytes
    Lair of the Trog Wizard
    Highway Robbery
    Ruby Demon Portal
    Dungeon of the Lizard Priest
    Slub Gut's Sanctum