[Utility] Collection Analysis

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by neoncat, Feb 1, 2014.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

This tool (an html page) parses verbose session logs in order to extract your inventory. It then reports on the percentages of items you've obtained organized by categories of Rarity, Level, and Slot. Also, check out the online version.

(If you want fancy analysis, try exporting your collection for use in a spreadsheet program.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  2. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Changelog v2:
    - minor formatting changes
    - added column with "N of TOTAL" data for each category

3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks for another great tool, Neoncat! Your productivity is to be commended. I hope also your employers know enough to appreciate your initiative and can-do attitude.

I'd suggest leaving out from the statistics the items which have non-empty data in the column "Slot Default". These are the naked character items and everyone already has them. I know I already have all Divine Skills and because of this I'm only at 98% (45/46) as I can't ever have the nonexistent "Unskilled Divine" item in my inventory.

I'd also welcome the option to leave out the items with Tags: noLoot (or just straight up leave them out). These are the items that are no longer in the game (e.g. the various holiday items) or not yet in the game.

I'd argue the default setting of this option should be "on". Especially for new players, they can never get to 100% as the holiday items are no longer available. For everyone else, having the as of yet only planned items included in the calculations is needlessly frustrating and complicating. Probably not all of them will ever be in the game as the developers change their minds. Omitting noLoot items would be the simplest solution to these problems.

Other than that, the tool is very illustrative, perspicuous and handy to use, thanks again!

ParodyKnaveBob and neoncat like this.
  4. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Changelog v3:
    - removed dependency on ECMAScript6 functionality (should work in all browsers now)
    - added entry for Total collection progress
    - strip out "Slot Default" items from master list
    - strip out "noLoot" items from collection and master list (may add in option to view in later version)

Jarmo likes this.
  5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Now that's curious, since recently the Slot Default items started showing up as having a rarity of "Default", yet the equipment table stills shows their old rarity, and I can't see anything that would prevent them from showing up in chests.

Under ver. 2 I had 77% of treasures and 30% of elf skills. In ver. 3 I have 76% of treasures and 43% of elf skills.

Hey Neon, since this is just an .html file, could you host it on your website (or the wiki) so we can just bookmark it instead of downloading each new version?

6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks for the refinements, Neoncat! Looking good!

You know, one additional idea springs to mind after perusing the tool output. Could the tool spit out a list of the items the player is still missing? I didn't analyze your code closely but I get a gut feeling this might be a low-hanging fruit, doable as a by-product of the analysis already run by the tool. A missing item ID list would be enough as it could be processed by your item data xref tool.

7. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Maybe there's some special case code in the loot system which prevents the dropping of Slot Default items. No one has ever reported receiving such an item.
    That would be explained by you having a higher percentage of the holiday treasures than normal ones. When they are stripped out, you are left with a lower treasure percentage. The elf skills are supposed to go up as the non-released ones are stripped out. There are plenty of elf skills still in the planning stage, marked with the noLoot tag.

8. ArcadianRook

ArcadianRook Goblin Champion

So... how do I make this thing work... Where/what is The Muffin Button here?

9. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Erm, more detail plz? What's not working?

10. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Changelog v4:
    - added missing items list which appears on hover (limited to 15)
    - completion bar turns green at 100%
    - refactored item counting to make it faster / simpler

Jarmo likes this.
  11. ArcadianRook

I dunno where the start button is, so to speak ^_^.
    I'm a total noob here and I've no idea what I'm doing with it.
    Learn me some awesome, Neoncat!

12. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Download the zip file, unzip it, and open the html file? The page has detailed instructions for how to extract your session logs.

13. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Ooh, the green bars are so nice! A change that's maybe even surprisingly effective.

Neoncat, would it be possible to get an option for ignoring all treasure (leaving it out of all calculations)? I know there are several people other than myself who don't keep them and for us the analysis would make more sense without them. I can easily add an if clause to the code or delete the treasure lines from the item database for myself but it would break after updates and would not benefit others.

Another thing, the hover missing item list is nifty but I could use a straight-up list of all missing item IDs (or IDs with more information). This way I could export it for further analysis. I could then e.g. determine which item level contains most of the missing items I most care about and choose that level adventures for further attention, or other such more complicated analysis work. The current bunch of hover listlets is very handy for some purposes but is not well suited for more involved study.

14. ArcadianRook

Okay, I'm gonna need you to break it down into Captain Dummy talk for me.
    I don't know how to get the data it needs.

15. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Have you opened the html file in your browser? It contains very detailed instructions about how to get the data. (It tells you exactly the sequence of keystrokes you need to press...)

16. ArcadianRook

oh son of a *****.
    *face palm*

17. ArcadianRook

*... clicks on show/hide instructions... almost knowing a shadow of shame--all he is capable of since performing in a production of Oscar Wilde's Salome... yes there are pictures...*

18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

STOP THAT! You'll grow hair on your face! ;)

Great stuff, neoncat! I echo Jarmo's request for an export function, if it isn't too much trouble.

Edit:
    Wow. :confused: If you admit that publicly you'll be impossible to blackmail. I'm impressed!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  19. ArcadianRook

Export function our decks, dammit!!!
    MAKE IT FOR THE DEVS!!!

20. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

I'll look into adding options that y'all can twiddle sometime soon.

I think I would prefer (because it's simpler) to make this possible by exporting the inventory and then merging it into the master equipment list. Then, you can filter / analyze to your heart's content in Excel. ^_^

I'll look into adding appropriate twiddle options in the cross-reference tool sometime soon.