Upcoming Balance Changes (7 August 2013)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Aug 7, 2013.

1. kogi

kogi Ogre

I love the new maps

2. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

I like the current maps. I think there's a lot of interesting dynamics in the current maps with line-of-sight and difficult terrain. Positioning is important, and skills for managing the difficult terrain are important. Free-move cards such as Scamper are closer to deserving their high value rating on these maps.

Most importantly though, I think it's good have variety in the MP maps. I like that this set of maps results in slightly different sets of tactics to the previous set; and I'm looking forward to seeing another set of maps in the future.

3. applesaurus

applesaurus Mushroom Warrior

I agree variety is key. The thing that irks me the most is playing the same 3 maps repeatedly.

4. Stefan

Stefan Mushroom Warrior

Maybe new maps go out for a week then they all get put into the list, then we all get the map more often, new and old.

5. Mutak

Mutak Goblin Champion

I think you did see everyone who had one or both of the two legendary items with Fireball on them in significant quantities running Fireball-focused teams. Where it existed, it was dominant. Rarity of the items it was on prevented it from being more widely used.

I think 6 range is too short - should be 8, otherwise it's much better now. I can still win with it but it's not a sure thing and it's not first round, before i move i kill half your team.

6. Mutak

Mutak Goblin Champion

It's beta - the purpose of beta is to test. We tested the old maps, presumably they are now making changes to them where necessary. Now we are testing the new maps. When there are more maps to test we will get more maps.

Stefan likes this.
  7. kogi

kogi Ogre

Not sure where to post feedback on this, but here goes

From playing, burst 1 is pretty useless. I found it very difficult to target more than 1 character with this attack.

It looks like these moves ignore encumber because of "free move". Is it intentional that Scuttle, Scamper, Muscle Through, Scuttle Team, Scamper Team, Retreat. Also now ignore encumber?

I also think that "teleport" movement should also ignore encumber. (hover too?)

They were moving because of push from muscle through

ta
    kogi

8. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

I'm pretty sure the encumber ignoring effect is currently separate from 'free move', and that Scamper et al do not ignore encumber. Have you tested it? I have some memory of my Scamper being reduced to 1 step even after the changes; but I'm not 100% certain. My memory may be faulty.

Incidentally, before the changes I posted that I was a bit unsure about the lava change - but having played a bunch of matches on the new version I think it works well. And I think the Vicious Thrust change has had a healthy effect on the variety in warrior builds.

9. kogi

kogi Ogre

My bad, I might have assumed the situation after I saw the orge sentries run around after being frost jolted. I will endeavor to test over the weekend

My Bad. It was the ogres pushing each other about

10. Zureiya

Zureiya Kobold

the real strength of burst X is to hit enemies that you don't actually have LoS to (hiding behind a pillar, etc)
    Burst 2 was way too strong in that regard.

11. applesaurus

applesaurus Mushroom Warrior

Well, clearly's there's a contingent that disagrees, but we seem to have lost that battle.

Zoorland and Wozarg like this.
  12. Stefan

Stefan Mushroom Warrior

The only way to go back to a Fireball with burst of 2 would be to do less damage at its outer limit.
    But I don't mind the way it plays now.

13. Mutak

Mutak Goblin Champion

Re: Elvish Mobility, Slippery and Pathfinding

That really feels like giving the race that had the least trouble with Encumbrance additional tools to deal with Encumbrance while leaving Dwarves...

(wait for it)

...out in the cold.

Any plans to deal more broadly with encumbrance or give Dwarves and Humans better ways to deal with it? I know that those of us who like to break the game long ago moved from frost to fireball to infinite draw priests, but encumber is still too strong, just not as broken as those other things.

Also, you over-nerfed Ember Burst. 8 range please.

Zoorland likes this.