Unholy Curse - working as intended?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Haxzploid, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

I would like to discuss the wording on the card Unholy Curse. The way i see it, Unholy Curse creates a new damage source of the same type. So if i hit someone that has Unholy Curse attached with a 10 damage attack, that character takes 10 damage and 3 damage, 2 damage sources right?

[​IMG]

If we compare the card to Curse of Fragility and use same example; i hit someone that has Curse of Fragility attached with a 10 damage attack, that character takes 10+2 damage, 1 damage source right?

[​IMG]

1 or 2 damage sources is important when it comes to armor. Currently Unholy Curse is working exactly like "Curse of fragility" it is turned into 1 damage source, or that is what i think. I need to test again to be 100% certain.

If the effect is identical, either the wording has to be the same or the effect on Unholy Curse has to change to fit the wording.

EDIT: Heated discussion in chat indicates that wording on Unholy Curse should change to match "Vulnerable" "Curse of Fragility" etc

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  2. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

Is this what you're talking about

[​IMG]

3. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Yeah, clearly it's just old wording that needs to be updated, like Traveling Curse saying "Unholy Magic" damage and Blind Rage talking about skipping armor when instead it's pretty clearly Penetrating.

4. A lot of ccgs suffer from inconsistent wording. But thanks to the electronic nature of this game it's easy to discover the intention simply by playing the card.
    While it would be nice for them to clean up the wording I can see why it's not a high priority.