Uncommon Stab Elves

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Jezterscap, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

I'm wondering why you're choosing elven warriors for this build? There is enough extra movement with 6 Step 2 attacks to warrant changing(upgrading?) to human or dwarf. Human will get you a possible extra team sprint on each character, dwarf will get your more rage. Elvish maneuvers is a nice but I think other races are worth a shot. I've played a variant of this with one elf, one dwarf, and one human that worked quite well.

2. Ervinx

Ervinx Mushroom Warrior

so what win rate it will give me?

3. Ghostbrain

Ghostbrain Ogre

Elvish maneuvers is not only nice, it's the best of all traits you can have; There's no downfall to it in the right build! My only noticeable qualm with builds designed around it is a luster of cards that hurt the relatively low health fellows, often opting for perilous ringmail and crazy sal's. Where this is good if you get to A) actually have armor B) be able to use all attack. Where A) is hard is because to make the most of maneuvers you usually choose appropriate boots that have no armor, and B) hope that you are able to get toward opponent in time. First turn this can hurt. Second turn can be fatal. Third turn, you must be there right? But with no Rage!

4. Ervinx

Ervinx Mushroom Warrior

if you know how to use it like i do you can slay relatively high health fellows like drwafs plus use shields that has jumpback and armor that has reliable hide armor that way the only thing you have to worry about is purges and bad draws when the trait kicks in. plus it's good to have blind rage. so don't worry about pushback parrys.

5. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

@Ghostbrain I agree with what your saying, and I elected to get rid of the Parrying Buckler and used that token for armor. Also, given with maneuvers you will already be drawing more cards and the prevalence of step moves I felt that Pushback Parry was superior to Parry. Give me a Shield with 3 Pushback Parries! I have won games, because of being able to place my opponent to my advantage, many times.

Ghostbrain likes this.
  6. Ghostbrain

Ghostbrain Ogre

Well I cannot more disagree. **IF. IF! If you know how to use it, like I, ME, DO!** Problematically, I know how you would use it, just as much as you KNOW how to use it too! Against a deck that realises the short potential of no defense, full step, you will lose. You could add alotta other situations, like say, a priest with mf, to make the difference, or a priest with nimbus, but what you actually end up doing is perverting the completeness of ones deck. If you want to rush melee, sure elves are best! Just realise you have two meta decks against you, elves, and burst. Weaker elves lose to bursts, but otherwise win the rest... maybe? Huh, I'm pretty sure playing warrior builds I'd still choose dwarves.... (armor armor armor, push etc.....)

7. Ervinx

Ervinx Mushroom Warrior

dude why use preists? with that so called mf? weaker elfs that don't have a hp of 25 could lose if the bursts were upgraded by frenzys i won't lose because i don't rely on traits like you do with that tallented healer garbage and defenders block your skills can be messed up by purge bursts, insight and any fire bursts that can knock off your stragety off so next time beat me without a preist or wizard and then talk. and i don't care about meta decks they are just the same as any other deck. and realize that you got a lot meta decks you if you use dwarfs all the time especially warriors so beware of jumpback.

8. Ghostbrain

Ghostbrain Ogre

Sorry I called you out, only due to your knowledge of how to add a 5 hp death card to elves, now, to say that the talented healer garbage of a priest I use is something uncalled/obvious, well, it is in game, something that challenges. My priest is definitely not like most, if you'd seen his full deck. I only suggest a priest because I love them myself, and if I was using a stab elf deck, thats my naturally third option.

Though, maybe I gave an example prematurely, because I believe you could not build three elves the same and expect a good turnout to elo (thats been disproven, but I think its just a player bias). If you do not care about meta at all, sufficied to say your know how, and how to use it, is irrelevent. You say you got what it takes to play stab elves good? Great even!? Show it!

9. Ervinx

Ervinx Mushroom Warrior

don't worry i will i'll how much of a problem my deck can be and then you'll realise that everything you say here means totally nothing when the next time you want to one on one with me stab elves. cause my elfs are no regular stab elfs
    they are totally berserk elfs. so casual game if you dare with elf warriors olny.[/quote]

10. Ghostbrain

Ghostbrain Ogre

All i can say is... BRING IT!

11. Ervinx

Ervinx Mushroom Warrior

don't worry i'll see you monday just remember i'm not saying this cause im afraid ok?

12. Ghostbrain

Ghostbrain Ogre

haha ok!

Ghostbrain Says BOO!

doog37 likes this.
  13. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Great, a duel of elves. Is any of you two able to record that match? :)

14. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Elves? Record?! Monday??!!
    what time on Monday hopefully I'm available~

Pawndawan likes this.
  15. Ghostbrain

Ghostbrain Ogre

wha- I need to use elves now?? He only said he'd use the elves! :D

doog37 likes this.
  16. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

My understanding is Ervinx will use elves, Ghostbrain will use his deck that has a priest?

And, yes please set up a time/ announce that time/ record this game!

Maybe ya'll should do best 2 out of 3?

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yes. With sideboards. At 10 paces.

Juxtapostion and CT5 like this.
  18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Make it 2 paces, as dwarves may be involved. The elves can easily increase the range once battle is joined, if they desire.

CT5 likes this.
  19. doog37

doog37 Hydra

War Cry is very underutilized mostly because it is a crapshoot. When it works it is a MFer, but when you estimate the typical warrior or priest has about 3 blocks and a typical wizard is around 1 likely less it is a low utility card that fails to force a discard more than like 20% of the time (in my personal experience). What I do still use is unnerving strike (which is why i like Maquah of the ancient blood despite the Ouch). I try to make sure any melee heavy teams have at least a couple of unnerving and a couple of sundering strikes in the build. But of course I am less likely to use Aegis even if I have like 6 now (I never sell Epic or Legendary items just in case trading ever becomes possible) so I am the odd one out.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    Ghostbrain likes this.
  20. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Meh that's what Runestones are for...