Tutorial or Prompt Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Crux, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

This is sort of a "bigger storyline continuity" thing, and unfortunately I can't see the entire layout of your plot to tell if I'm about to sound like a fool.

Karen is invited to GM in Shrine of the Astral Guardians, but this is supposedly during Gary's "all-nighter." An all-nighter, mind you, that he's doing behind her back. He can't let her know his plans: judging from what I saw before the reset, he's going to surprise her at the end of the story, right?

Well, Melvin asks "what are you kids doing" in The Jewel of Alet Zhav, which drops Gary into this nebulous state where he's talking about his sneaky plans with-and-without her present.

It might make more sense if she were "invited" at the start of the Shrine and "waved goodnight" at the end of the module, or something else to make her presence more demarcated. I don't think she'd do an all-nighter with us questionable characters anyway.

2. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

After beating the Garnet Demon Portal, a message stays popped up with no close button, and I can't scroll the map. But I can still click on locations to dismiss the message.

3. Card Hunter Joe

Card Hunter Joe Blue Manchu

We changed the ending, SirKnight. Karen now takes part in the all-nighter.

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Kobold

Last night I saw a bug in the messages after playing a card.

I didn't take a screenshot but it was something like :
    <Unknown actor> does ...

Saw this about 2-3 times

5. Sir Knight

In Lair of the Trog Wizard, Gary's opening text says "At last you have found the cursed mind orchestrating this rein of tyranny!" but it's supposed to be "reign."

And I have no idea where to post this, but the final map of Greenfang's Challenge ends with the "victory" logo, not the "adventure complete" one. I think someone's mentioned this already.

6. Card Hunter Joe

Thank you for picking this up. Now fixed.

7. Sir Knight

Third map of Rescue from Shieldhaven Prison: Gary speaks of "carniverous," but that's supposed to be "carnivorous."

A sidenote: people often express surprise that single-player and multiplayer equipment transfers. In part, the current multiplayer tutorial accidentally encourages the idea that they're separate. Remember the line "You can modify your new party if you want. Don't worry - changes you make here won't affect your campaign party!"? You might want to say something else like "This means you can share equipment between single-player and multiplayer."

Also, how are "you lost the level" hints organized? By adventure or by individual map? Losing in Highway Robbery against the first Goblin Hulk earned the prompt "Try killing enemy magic users and priests first." Well, the only Shaman is on the NEXT map, so that hint does not work.

8. Card Hunter Joe

OK thanks for picking this up. I've fixed your first and third points. I'll talk to Jon about your second point.

9. Sir Knight

Another multiplayer tutorial issue:

A new player is directed to click on "ranked game" three times. First time it's logical (you now have a pack and should play). After you win, it's not actually clear you're being TOLD to click it a second time, but "ranked game" is still glowing. After you win again, Gary DOES tell you to click it, and assures you he'll play against you to teach you the basics. Well . . . this third time, I just saw a new player face a human, despite the assurance. And why is Gary telling you to do this a third time anyway?

10. Suffrage

Suffrage Kobold

Not a huge bug, just a bit of an annoyance, on the Tunnel Intersection level when Gary is explaining "in front" and "behind" areas, the card that the kobold was playing obscured the map so the tutorial was not very visible. Also, when I was setting up my forum account, my captcha answer to "what do zombies eat" (Braaaaains) was not accepted...I mean come on, is it 3 "a"'s? 4?

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Gary's intro for Compass of Xorr mentions Goldenhall instead of Summerhall. And the module cover says 4 battles, but there are only three.

12. Sir Knight

Both have been posted before, and apparently have survived recent updates. But if I might add, I believe Gary is right while the cover is wrong:

13. Card Hunter Joe

Thanks for picking this up. Fixed the prompt bug but not the module cover for the next build.

14. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

Cover fixed for next build

15. Llew

Llew Kobold

Gary in Ogre Lair: "It's attention seeking mom. Ignore it."
    should be : "It's attention seeking, mom. Ignore it."

The first announces the unwanted presence of an attention-seeking mother and callously refers to her as "it," while the second explains something to mom using the vocative case.

16. Scrattlebeard

Scrattlebeard Kobold

Just got into beta, hope I am doing this right.

Got to the Kobold Tunnels where I am ambushed by a Kobold Hero. Gary starts to explain how I can avoid the block cards by attacking it in the back, but in the meantime, the Kobold has played a move card which takes up the screen, so I can't see Gary's illustrations. Just a minor inconvenience.

Logs, in case they are useful:
    Battle joined
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Event=StartGame
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Msg=Starting round 1
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Event=Attachment Phase Initiated
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Event=Draw Phase Initiated
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Msg=Scrattlebeard drew Dash for Legodude
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Msg=Scrattlebeard drew Violent Overswing for Legodude
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Msg=Scrattlebeard drew Simple Strike for Legodude
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Msg=Scrattlebeard drew Flimsy Block for Legodude
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Msg=Scrattlebeard drew Dash for Gandelf
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Msg=Scrattlebeard drew Zap for Gandelf
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Msg=Scrattlebeard drew Spark for Gandelf
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Msg=Scrattlebeard drew Little Zap for Gandelf
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Msg=Gary drew Walk for Tall Kobold
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Msg=Gary drew a card for Tall Kobold
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Msg=Gary drew a card for Tall Kobold
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Event=Action Phase Initiated
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Msg=The active player is now Scrattlebeard
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Scrattlebeard,Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Event=PlayAction,Action=Spark,Instigator=Gandelf,Targets=Crung
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Scrattlebeard,Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Event=TriggerFail,Trigger=,TriggeringActor=Crung,AffectedActors=Crung,TriggerType=Action,TriggerLocation=Hand
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Scrattlebeard,Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Event=TriggerFail,Trigger=,TriggeringActor=Crung,AffectedActors=Crung,TriggerType=Action,TriggerLocation=Hand
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Msg=Crung took 2 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Msg=The active player is now Gary
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Gary,Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Event=PlayAction,Action=Walk,Instigator=Crung,Targets=
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Player=Gary,Actor=Crung,Event=Move,Origin=(4, 3),StartFacing=(-1, 0),Destination=(5, 3),EndFacing=(1, 0)
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Tunnel Intersection,Room=TUT3 (Scrattlebeard),RoomID=215849,Msg=The active player is now Scrattlebeard

17. Card Hunter Joe

Fixed! Thanks for picking up.

18. Ben_Lee

This is already logged, thanks!

19. Sir Knight

With the latest build, Gary keeps telling me "You can access your collection here" when I enter my Keep. I think he does it once per login.

20. Ben_Lee

Fixed for next release, thanks!