Tutorial or Prompt Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Crux, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Dark Wolfe

Dark Wolfe Orc Soldier

Diamonds of the Kobolds: aftermath of map 3 Gary says he thinks "all this power might have gone Melvin's head..."
    missing the to between Melvin's and head

2. Dark Wolfe

Dark Wolfe Orc Soldier

Just clicked past it as I noticed. When white star is revealed on the map Gary says "Hey another mine. Let's hope one has real loot"
    Missing this between hope and one

3. Shoat

Shoat Kobold

Gary seems to have gone slightly crazy, he keeps on telling me to buy a priest (of which I already have two) and reminds me that that shaman dropped some really cool loot (Basically, he's spouting out tutorial messages even though I have finished it long ago).

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

As far as I can tell, he loses his mind each time you beat White Skull Canyon, and can be made to regain it by hitting "Skip Tutorial" (in the top-right menu).

5. Shoat

Shoat Kobold

That appears to have fixed it. Thank you very much.
    I don't think the "skip tutorial" button existed when I started my account, so I didn't know there was such a thing yet, or I would have just tried it before mentioning the issue here.

6. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

"Mom says she wants us to get to know me better. So she bought me a storm trooper hoodie. I almost cried." My lack English knowledge prevents me from knowing if it is actually fine to say it like that but it sounds wrong to me. Feel free to let me know anyone that is 100% sure.

Its at the start of the tomb of Tvericus adventure.

7. Sir Knight

At the end of Melvelous the Magnificent, Melvin refers to "the unrefined palette" but that particular homonym is supposed to be "palate."

8. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

In Card Hunt 2, winning the 1st and 2nd advs trigger Melvin's and Gary's dialogue. These come with 'Continue' buttons. However, the 'Collect Loot!' buttons are also enabled but cannot be clicked. These should be greyed out until the dialogues are over.

9. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Not sure if its intended for GM dialogue to carry over to loot screen. After last adventure in Highway Robbery, Melvin talks about cocked dice, there is no continue button here. So I clicked on 'Collect Loot!'. Camera moves over to loot screen and Gary's dialogue pops up with the Continue button.

edit: After last adventure in Defense of Woodhome, Gary's dialogue about what to tell Karen has no continue button. So I clicked on 'Collect Loot!'. Camera moves over to loot screen and Gary's 2nd dialogue ("Fair lady...blah blah...thine own") continues over obscuring the exp gain. This one does not have the Continue button. I click on open chest and he continues with 'Does that sound okay ?'. imo, its best that GM's dialogues don't carry over to loot screen. Hope it helps.

10. Shoat

Shoat Kobold

Who is Borgo and why did Gary just tell me to equip him with the Goldleaf Blade that I just got from a random chest?
    Is that a bit of misplaced script?

11. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Guessing the Goldleaf Blade has a trigger, since it's used in the Greenfang tutorial (where your dwarven warrior is named Borgo) - and that it hasn't been flagged for once only, since it shows for you. Awesome bug though, really random to duplicate :D

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  12. Shoat

Shoat Kobold

Oh yeah, that tutorial bit was introduced a while after I entered beta so I never got the chance to play it. Else I might have recognized it.

13. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Probably not a bug then, just a weird case of you not having seen the goldleaf blade before. Think that won't happen once everyone starts with the real tutorial.

14. Sir Knight

Speaking of new tutorial bits, Melvin's challenge to try Quests tells me I can click any adventure I've already completed, but that's not true: there are no Quests for level 1 adventures. And since I don't know how early or late in the game this challenge appears, I can't say how likely a new player will be to click a level 1 adventure and get confused.

15. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Build 2.0:

If you lose in Raid on Ommlet, don't replay and click return to map. Gary still says 'Click the Raid...blah blah for your first battle!' I've already done my first battle!

Maybe it should say, 'Click the Raid...blah blah and win your first battle!' instead.

16. Sir Knight

In the opening tutorial bits in Greenfang's Challenge, Gary's advice to "right-click on cards" could be scripted better. If you right-click on anything (like the terrain or just blank space), he'll react as though you'd right-clicked a card, and move on to his "left-click a card" advice. If instead you go straight to left-clicking a card without right-clicking anything, his "right-click on cards" advice stays on the screen continuously.

17. Sir Knight

When hiring my first Warrior, Gary tells me to get "an Dwarven, Human, or Elven" with that "an" instead of "a."

When "tracking" the Kobolds to the second tutorial level, Gary speaks of "a trail leading into the wilderness" with no final period.

It's not a bug, but the "Enemies have to halt when they move next to you" speech in Kobold Encampment is a little confusing. I had to read it twice before I realized he was telling me to move to the little yellow square, not just informing me about "control regions" with a visual example. Can I suggest mentioning "the square I've highlighted yellow" instead of saying "move here"?

And I really don't know what thread deserves this note, but when the initial flood of adventures up to level 4 appeared, it looked like they were all supposed to get a flashing animation while Gary spoke. However, Dungeon of the Lizard Priest failed to flash along with the others.

18. Dorque

Dorque Orc Soldier

The tutorial messages seem to be tied to specific maps rather than to the actual first time you see something. I did Woodhome before Ruby Portal. Both have victory squares, but only Ruby Portal mentions them.

19. Roshirai

Roshirai Goblin Champion

Weird one, but I think it fits this thread: you get the prompt from Melvin about the Card Hunter Club even if you're already a member*. If it's easy enough to flag that monologue not to pop-up if you've already subscribed, that'd probably be the best way to plug this corner case: locking Club purchase until Melvin tells you about it seems a bit silly!

* I'm not just the president of the Card Hunter Club for Men... I'm also a member!

20. Sir Knight

When the costume shop appears, Gary says "Cuthbert's Costumes let's you change the appearance of your characters" but that's the wrong form of "lets": you don't want an apostrophe.