Tutorial or Prompt Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Crux, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Card Hunter Joe

Card Hunter Joe Blue Manchu

Hey Wozarg. I'll check on this as you may well be right. We have British, Australians and Americans working on the project and there are subtle differences so we this can be a problem for us!

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

That doesn't sound right to me Matthew hopefully someone more suited to judge could step in

3. Dark Wolfe

Dark Wolfe Orc Soldier

"Has" is not a word that gets contracted in English.

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Yes it is. "It's been hours since my grammatical skills were last called to duty. It seems that's been rectified with due haste."

I can't be helpful in this specific case, though, as I don't have the module open right now.

5. Dark Wolfe

Dark Wolfe Orc Soldier

:oops:
    I should really google before I open my mouth, keep forgetting to do it in that order though.

6. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

In the bit of text Gary uses describing the found hairclip, he says "though" instead of "thou" at the beginning.

7. Crux

Crux Kobold

This isn't exactly a prompt bug, but I wasn't sure where else to put it.
    I just had Steal used on me. It went by a little too fast, so I didn't see what was stolen.
    It didn't say what was stolen in the chat box, either. I think it should. Here's the chat text:

8. Sir Knight

I believe Jon wants you to put card log text in this thread. Also, I can't remember, but is this the card that only steals if you're attacked from behind? And were you actually attacked from behind or not?

9. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

That is correct fine sir!

10. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

Really it depends on where Gary is from, doesn't it? If he's American (which "quarters" and "dimes" would suggest), he'd probably say "bills". I don't recall the Brits using "dimes" and "quarters", and I don't think either British or Australian currency includes "quarters" (25c). Maybe he's Canadian - in which case he might be complaining about loonies and toonies as well as dimes and quarters. :)

11. j-wiz

Not in proper English, maybe, but Americans do sometimes use a contraction of "has" (and "had") at times in the context of past perfect tense ("something has been" to "something's been"). We also contract "have" ('ve) and "would" ('d) (which can lead to fun words like "y'all'd've").

I believe the original line as it currently appears in-game is "Did you know that they think pizzas been around since the cavemen?"

With that usage, it should definitely have an apostrophe.

12. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I love it! But what does it mean?

13. Dark Wolfe

Dark Wolfe Orc Soldier

You all would have.
    E.g. Y'all'd've been dead if it weren't for me (of course in proper red-neck it would be "Y'all'd've biin deed if'n t'weren't f'me!" I think? Ah what the hell do I know, I'm Australian. We need to use coloured money, because -as convicts- we can't read)

j-wiz likes this.
  14. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

There is a racial joke somewhere in that money statement but I'm not touching that subject!

15. j-wiz

Dark Wolfe was correct with the full meaning. Pronunciation is something like: "yall-da".

16. Crux

Crux Kobold

This was Steal, not Pickpocket. Steal doesn't say anything about needing to be from behind. Pickpocket also doesn't log what was stolen (I think).
    I'll copy my original post over to the card text thread.

17. Dark Wolfe

Dark Wolfe Orc Soldier

Not quite.
    It's a reference to Australia's beginning as a penal colony of England. We are still a colony of England, and even though Sydney was the only prison city a lot of the population would still be descended from the convicts

18. Dark Wolfe

Dark Wolfe Orc Soldier

Beneath the frozen earth: Map 2. Gary says"...er can we just just say spears for arguments sake?"
    double up on the just

19. Sir Knight

The back-and-forth dialogue at the start of Temple of Scales is awesome. However: "Wo that's a weird football score" should probably say "Wow."

And . . . I know you need bug reports, not bickering, but Gary's "punchline" is kinda anti-funny. It's much funnier if he doesn't tell us what we already figured out. Compare his current punchline to this alternative: " . . . Football?"