Tuknir PvP Custom Maps

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by tuknir, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Is there a rule that maps have to be symmetrical?

2. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

No, but they should be simply to make things easier and give less bias to one player over another.

3. Stexe

Some things I've been trying to note when making maps (and what I'll post in the other thread) are some basic criteria to make it not favor one class / race over another:
    • Maps are symmetrical (in theory there could be balanced maps that are non-symmetrical, but without an insane amount of testing it would be difficult to prove and it is better to just keep it symmetrical)
    • Characters start 2 spaces apart from each other to reduce the problem of drawing Loner on the first turn.
    • Victory point squares are either 2 spaces away from the start of a character (Celestial Lions) or 5+ spaces away -- so one race can not get to a VP location before another with a default move.
    • Characters should not have line of sight with the enemy unless it is more than 10 squares away at the start of the game (so only Flash of Agony could be used to give first player advantage which generally isn't a good idea due to hitting your own teammates for more)
    • Starting areas should not be able to be completely blocked off by Flash Flood / Illusory Barrier within the first turn (Flanking Move + Walls shouldn't completely shut out a team)
    There are a few others to the list of "good things to take into consideration" -- but this should be a good starting list.

4. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Why do you want to "buff" Loner? And also, 1 map with a single VP or with a cluster of VPs (like 2x2 touching eachother) should imo also be in rotation.

5. Stexe

I don't want to "buff" it -- I want the drawback to be based on gameplay not on getting unlucky due to positioning at the start. It is fine if people get hit by it due to positioning themselves for it, but I don't think it is okay if people get hurt by things simply due to the map and not due to their own moves.

6. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Water Cross

PvP-Water Cross.jpg

Attached Files: