Tuknir PvP Custom Maps

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by tuknir, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Oh, ok. Those wavy lines threw me off. Maybe you should add some tiny pieces of snow on top of the ice?

But yeah, if you can walk on it, that would improve the gameplay a lot.

2. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

hum good idea, will do it later when im back home :) thanks for the suggestion.

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It was fun playing peasant on your maps the other day tuknir. They're very pretty and quite fun, though some of them seemed a little silly for serious ranked play. :)

4. tuknir

Eheh Thanks, hoping someday theres a pvp map contest :) , they not silly :p well some are, like hall-way.. just trying making something diferent :)

actualy i have a new idea for a map, maybe later tonight i will do it :)

Flaxative likes this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

CT5 and I were talking about making PvP maps... maybe you should just host that contest, unofficially :)

6. tuknir

Ok, did some small cosmetic changes to my latest map, hope better looking and that gives the impression that the water is frozen and can be walked up on (as difficult terrain)

Flaxative, hum that would be cool, would be even better with some official support, need talk to the devs and see if that would be possible, make a pvp map that could be added to the next rotation

7. I wouldn't get my hopes up. I doubt the devs will just let you casually design one of the MP maps in the next rotation, essentially making you a dev :) Best thing we could hope for is some kind of competition or something, along the lines of what is happening with Mauve Manticore. But seeing as the maps are usually all part of the same "set", I don't see that happen anytime soon, unless of course they made a set of 4 maps, all designed by players.

Flaxative likes this.
  8. tuknir

New pvp map: any opinions?

Lava Room.jpg

Attached Files:

9. tuknir

a new PVP custom map: King of the Pavilion

2 versions:

Version 1/a
    King of the Pavilion version A.jpg

Version 2/b

King of the Pavilion version B.jpg

any feedback=?

Attached Files:

LeisureSuitLoli and Jayce like this.
  10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

ooo.. new art! Is that gold statue Blocked?

11. tuknir

Yes its blocked terrain :)

12. tuknir

Ok, new pvp map: A small forest/swamp map with 1 vp on the middle

PVP-Swamp Bridge.jpg

Attached Files:

LeisureSuitLoli likes this.
  13. tuknir

Ok, a new map, the idea was to map a pvp league kinda of map,t o challenge ppl to adapt their decks.. its a mix of chess madness and wicked waterways.

its long and narrow pathways,with dificul terrain, and some zones where you can shoot fom..idea was to try encourage ppl use those melee range 2 atacks..but of course the decks that worked at wiked waterway work here as well
    The Impaling Maze:

Impaling Maze.jpg

Attached Files:

14. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Cool idea, I worry about Whirlwind effects dominating.

Could be interesting though, this would really encourage Teleport over Fly.

15. tuknir

Thanks Jon, about whirlwind, unfortunaly its a viable strategy in most or even all maps :(
    I was thinking adding a second vp. dont know, that lonely oen is a nice "chokepoint", a char with immovable there is king, only with spells and melee 2 ranged atacks will hurt him. another card that works here are the free moves like scamper :)

Glad you like,, hope it inspires you for future maps/leagues wink wink :p

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  16. tuknir

Ok today we have 2 versiosn of the same map.

first Version: Yellow Original:

Yellow-Original.jpg

Its a narrow map, favours melee users, and Chop Atacks can be used to great effect

Second version:Yellow A ( or file name yellow-2)

Yellow-A.jpg

Almost identical, but with a twist, now there's some un-connected platforms around the water, can be used to teleport to with mages and shoot from then without melee units be able to reach then by normal means. can also be used to ww/wwe users to remove enemy pieces from the "main" field for some time. i think this would be a league esque cool map to try. a lot of strategy available

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2014
    LeisureSuitLoli and Flaxative like this.
  17. tuknir

New map: X Way.. LOS is hard to get on a small map with 3 vp's.. nothing too fancy

X Way.jpg

Attached Files:

18. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

That map isn't symmetrical. I'm taking a look at which ones work best -- not sure yet since a lot of them seem to favor one class / race / build over others (which is probably more appropriate for a constructed League map).

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Not hard to make it symmetrical. Definitely a lot of potential in this thread.

20. tuknir

Some are just "fun" maps, but some i do think they have potencial :).. need make some new ones