Treasure Hunt adventures

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by PaleKIng, Oct 10, 2013.

1. PaleKIng

PaleKIng Kobold

Hi,
    I have the Basic Edition which makes reference to having access to "all 11 treasure hunt adventures". I'm not sure where exactly these are accessed. Are they integrated into the normal unlocks as I go around the map? And if so, are they repeatable? Are they worth more than regular modules?
    Cheers

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Unless you have beaten them, they have a "golden arch" rather than the normal grey one. They are repeatable, but after the first completion, which have a guaranteed epic (an a extra club epic for members) they give loot as per regular adventure per that level.

Also, they appear normally on the map as per your characters level range.

3. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Is there a list of these somewhere? I've unlocked them and done them all, but I can't remember what they all are.

4. Pengw1n

I've suggested they should keep their golden arch even when beaten to make this more visible. I believe the Wiki should have a list of the TH's.

Bandreus likes this.
  5. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

It took some digging but I did find a Treasure Hunt page. There was only two listed so I'm guessing that the others may not have pages yet. Some are 'redlinked' which means they are not finished yet. Which is fine. I'm sure they'll get finished eventually. :)

6. PaleKIng

PaleKIng Kobold

So is the guaranteed epic only from the first attempt at the dungeon? Or can I fail it and have another go to get the epic?
    Cheers

7. Pengw1n

It doesn't count until you manage to complete it and win the epic reward. You can restart it as many times as you need to until then.

8. Gerry Quinn

Gerry Quinn Goblin Champion

IIRC when you mouse over a Treasure Hunt dungeon it says something like "A Level 11 Treasure Hunt", as distinct from "A Level 11 Dungeon" or whatever it is.

9. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

I just noticed that if you've already beaten one, it's just described as a adventure from the map page, like any other. I guess it's feasible that you might beat one without paying much attention and not even notice you'd done something special, if you'd bought the basic edition.
    I've not unlocked any but the first, so I'll just list the ones on my map:
    Level 6 Defense of Woodhome
    Level 7 Forest of Souls
    Level 8 Order of the Core
    Level 9 Return to Woodhome
    Level 10 The sinister Wood
    Level 11 Descent to the Core
    Level 12 The Temple of Scales
    Level 13 High Mountain Pass
    Level 14 Lord Batford's Manor
    Level 16 Cliffs of the Wyverns
    Level 17 Dungeon of the Swamp King

And that makes me wonder, if you buy the basic edition, does Gary still give you free pizza when you get to Woodhome? I hope so, just to be fair and all.

10. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Moved the adventure links around in the wiki main page to show treasure hunts separately from adventures. Thanks all for the feedback.

Bandreus and Pengw1n like this.
  11. Stefanos

Stefanos Kobold

On that regard, which is the best Treasure Hunt? As in which gives the best Epic?
    I haven't done any yet, but have several unlocked.

12. Pengw1n

It all depends on what you want/need. I find Woodhome's Wound from Defense of Woodhome one of the most useful items - as it's a 1 token epic and single token weapons are very rare. Also, if you need cleansing items, Cleansing Diamond is pretty nifty.

13. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

The only one I thought was really good was St Ulrich's Bones, from the wyvern hunt. None of the rest of them really had the same appeal.

Incidentally, these epics aren't exclusive to their hunts - you can still get them from regular drops. That goes without saying I suppose, since the devs have stated explicitly that everything in the game is available for free.

14. Pengw1n

Also, to add to the "which adventures are treasure hunts" - after first completion, it still tells you on the adventure sheet when you click it.

15. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Just to let those unaware know. Treasure Hunt rewards can also be on sale at Randimar's (I am considering if buying a second ST Ulrich's Bones as of right now, for instance).

And I think most of the guaranteed epics are actually decent. A lot will depend on the kind of builds you play, ofc. But if you do the THs along the regular campaign missions and you do vary the decks you play a lot, chances are you will manage to put a good number of those to good use. It's not like you get covered in epics every time you do a SP adventure, so getting some neat items to rig your party is actually very handy, especially early on.

I think the ones I used the least would be the Giant Skeletal Arm and the Dragonslayer, mainly because I like my priest to stay alive as long as possible and I completed Dungeon of the Swamp King only recently.

16. Rack

Rack Kobold

Yes he does.

I was really impressed by the tutorial, what can I say?

17. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Thanks, Aldones and Phaselock!

I can vouch for those who are saying you get them as drops as I have two Cleansing Diamonds.