Too many move cards

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by ULTRAJOE, Aug 5, 2013.

1. ULTRAJOE

ULTRAJOE Kobold

Hi all - Great game! Been playing for a bit over a month, bought some pizza, up to lvl 11 yadda yadda

Poking around the forum and can't find a topic that addresses this: I get too many move cards! Often I'll get some decent attack, magic and heal/assist cards first round, but oh-so-frequently I'm stuck with an Armor card and 2-3 Move cards on rounds 2 and up >: It seems as though enemies have a small pool of cards to draw from, but with every slot I've unlocked, my chance to get a "useful" card drops...can i turn off my Boots slot? :p

I play an all Elf team, so maybe the Dwarves among you will tell me to STFU, but is the game meant to be 1 attack, 3 moves per round? I spend most of these cards pivoting in place, tossing cards in hopes of getting a card that will damage the enemy?

Do I just need to L2P?

Thanks in advance ,
    ULTRAJOE

2. Essence

Essence Orc Soldier

There are definitely Boots out there with cards that aren't Move cards. Novice Boots, Tough Fencer's Boots, Moldy Cloth Boots, Light Chain Boots, Good Spiked Boots, Disintegrating Boots...and that's not even the complete list of common boots that feature only a single move card along with either armor, attacks, or both. You won't ever get a Obliterating Hack off of boots, but if your concern is having too many moves and not enough attacks, they'll help.

The same applies to other slots, too -- there are Shields with an attack or even two on them, Helmets, the whole thing. If you don't insist on high-quality attacks, it's not hard to get a Warrior well past the "66% attacks" mark. Pair with a Frenzy Cleric, Blind Rage, and the most appropriate Martial Skill for best effect. :)

ULTRAJOE and Tasmanian Devil like this.
  3. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

Another thing worth noting is traits (even bad ones) allow you to get a new card. My favorite boots for my healer are Reckless Boots, because the Fright gets replaced, hopefully with a heal card.

That said, I've been all-dwarf for a while, so I love move cards. Both my warrior and battle priest use Slippery Shields, 'cause I need them to get where they're going.

ULTRAJOE likes this.
  4. Stefan

Stefan Mushroom Warrior

I also got my thinking Stuck when I came to getting g too many move cards, but as got my head around the way thy play out I was not allowing for the race move card that you get every turn.
    Knowing that now I do look to drop out as may move only cards as I can in some group setups.
    Sometimes having a lot of moves helps, other times its a pain, I just roll with it now.
    And in some of the games I have played there are times when I cannot attack, but others where all of my attacks get all my buffs and so on.

ULTRAJOE likes this.
  5. Tasmanian Devil

Tasmanian Devil Mushroom Warrior

I think this is pretty typical around this level on your first play through and can be somewhat frustrating because every turn you want to hurt or kill something if you can and sometimes luck just doesn't give you that option.

The way I see it is you just unlocked all your equipment slots not that many levels ago, you don't have a lot of power tokens to use your more powerful starter pack items and your selection of equipment is very limited. Considering that and the fact that un/common tokenless boots and race skills often have at least one movement card it is very easy to draw into a hand of all moves or a serious of hands with mostly moves and very weak attacks/utility at some point during a game. which is why I often use my first few power tokens in campaign not to equipment my best gear but rather to unequip my worst, but I often build for consistency over raw power.

I don't think you need to L2P so much as you need to adapt your strategic thinking to best utilize the cards you draw instead of wishing for the cards you didn't draw. Also your strategic desire for what to draw is shaped by your current challenge. SP I would loath drawing movements cards except on certain maps on certain turns, often building decks to maximize potential for attack draws. However for MP I build decks to include some high potential for additional movement, especially team movement; if I draw only the default movement several turns in a row it can guarantee a quick loss against some opponents.

ULTRAJOE likes this.
  6. ULTRAJOE

ULTRAJOE Kobold

Excellent feedback, all! Thanks very much for the replies - I think Taz has really hit the nail on the head, I'll try to adapt my loadout and my thinking about move cards

Again, I really appreciate the thoughtful replies and advice