Too little gold — or too much?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Jarmo, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

How much gold do you currently have? Are you happy with the amount? Too little — or maybe a little too much? How long have you been playing (as this usually has a large effect on your bank balance)?

I just broke 10,000 gold for the first time, 10,081 to be exact. That does feel like a lot. I was helped in getting this much by getting four epic treasures within a day. I've been playing daily for over two months and have been grinding the single player battles and adventures a lot lately. I typically earn several hundred gold every day. I already have so many items I end up selling most of what I get.

I'm not super happy about having this much gold because it means there haven't been any legendary or epic items in Randimar's Rarities I want to buy for many weeks now. I'd be much happier having four legendary items I want and 81 gold :). How about you?

2. Kotor

Kotor Mushroom Warrior

over 5K and nothing to spend it on.....lets hope for sunday. ;)

3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Around 1500 - haven't sold any treasure I don't have more than 1x of, or I would have lots more. I don't grind daily at m either.

4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I sell all of my treasure, I'm not a collector. I even sold the Snuffbox.

5. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

i had around 8000g but this week randimars had some nice stuff. atm i have around 4800 and hoping to spent it in something nice sunday. i also sell all treasures

6. Eusix

Eusix Orc Soldier

Been playing since before release and haven't taken any major breaks.
    Took a while to build up, but I've been around 10k for a while.
    This past Saturday I was at 14k before Randimar's update and he finally had some worthwhile purchases.
    Dropped to 6k or so and I'm already back up to 9500 or so. Looking forward to another Randimar refresh.
    I typically get 3 or 6 MP wins a day and clear 5 - 8 SP modules a day. And I am a club member, which helps.

7. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I have about 260 gold. I don't play every day, nor do I sell all of my treasure. In fact, I keep some (not many) as duplicates. I'd sell them if I needed to, but I haven't had to yet. I've recently gotten two Legendary treasures that I haven't sold.

Edit: I didn't answer the question that if I think this is too little gold. Well, I certainly wouldn't mind more, but it's probably appropriate for my playstyle.

8. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

I have 450 gold or so. Bought one legendary from Randimar and several epics. Getting gold feels fairly slow to me, especially since you end up getting most of it from completely random legendary and epic treasures so you can grind for days for relatively little gain. On the other hand, that means there is always something to do.

All in all I suppose it's fairly balanced. Except for the underwhelming 1 pizza = 5 gold conversion rate - they could change that to 1 = 10.

9. Gerry Quinn

Gerry Quinn Goblin Champion

I have about 500, and also I have a legendary and an epic treasure (and the snuffbox). But as a SP player I rarely buy anything - when I spend gold it's mostly on revives, though I might get a nice thing if I see one in the shop, or something with a card I've never found.

All in all, gold is no problem for me.

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I have 3k, and sell all my treasure. I'm ok with the amount I have, most 2500-gp items from Randimar's don't seem worth it to me so I can always buy rares and epics that I want.

11. StormRaiser

StormRaiser Mushroom Warrior

I've been playing for around 6 weeks and currently have around 7.5k gold ... I sell all my treasure except the Halloween ones and the snuff box ... I did have almost 9k but there were a few items in the shops I wanted this week (for the first time) ... I guess you could say gold is not really a problem for me but I don't think you can ever have TOO much lol

Flaxative likes this.
  12. Karstedt

Karstedt Goblin Champion

I spent all mine on 1hp quests with rockfall.

PIZZA likes this.
  13. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

I only have about 1K in gold, but I haven't sold any treasure since the launch reset. Last time I tried counting it was around 25K worth, probably getting closer to 30K at this point.

Radimar's would have to roll a couple great legendaries for me to feel any pressure to sell stuff.

14. dmar314

dmar314 Goblin Champion

Only 600 gold because I keep buying epics and legendaries in randimar's (and the halloween store). I actually cannot afford a 2x arrogant armor legendary in randimar's right now :(. I don't know if you guys are swimming in legendary treasures but 2500 gold seems like a huge amount to me.

15. Karstedt

Karstedt Goblin Champion

It's a lot to me too, but as I said, the 1hp quests have cost me a LOT... I don't care to estimate how much. I think I have bought 2 legendaries 2 epics and 3 rares with gold... the rest on 1hp quests. I need more shielding tokens though, mihht help with the damn rockfall to have a 2nd immortal priest.

16. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

2,500 gold is certainly still a very significant amount even when I have over 10,000. For instance, I have two legendaries in Randimar's this week that would be sometimes very useful and that I would like to own, but I can't justify to myself spending that much on something that there is currently no room for on any of my current SP/MP teams.

Regular completion and repeating of single player adventures and battles has gotten me the money I now have. I haven't even ever been repeatedly grinding the most profitable battles (although I do complete them once a day). Just playing a lot of all kinds of different adventures has been enough. That, and being very picky about which legendaries I buy.

17. Questor

Questor Ogre

I do it quite the same way.
    There were some nice Legendaries, but they are only "nice to have" not "must have" like The Hackmaster.

Since i only sell Common and Uncommen items and treasures, minus gold, silver and Halloween stuff i have atm 6500 gold.

18. MindsEye

MindsEye Kobold

Excess gold can be donated to:
    MindsEye
    114 Card Hunter Way
    Cardhuntria 93742

(This donation is not tax deductible.)

19. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

I usually only carry 2500 or so just to make sure if I luck out at Randimar's, I can get a legendary. I bought two of the three Halloween legendaries but Randimar's has been underwhelming for me since the store disappeared.

20. hwango

hwango Hydra

I'd like more gold. I don't feel I can budget any more time to play Card Hunter than I already do, and I definitely can't buy everything that I want.

Every week, I check Randimar's to see if there's anything I want to buy - sometimes there are things I pick up right away, and sometimes I wait until almost the end of the week to make a decision about things that I feel I might want for some other build. Since the beginning of October (the point at which I started keeping records) I've bought 13 Rares and 1 Epic. Some of that was paid for with the money from 2 Legendary Treasures, so a lot of that gold is from an early spike and not daily influx. I don't keep a lot of money on hand so I can't accidentally buy unwanted items, but if I sold my leftover treasures I could scrape up another 700 gold or so. So I guess if I had never bought all of that stuff I could afford a Legendary item from Randimar's, but otherwise it's not realistic. I suppose if enough time goes by without worthwhile items appearing in Randimar's I'll save up enough to afford a good Legendary, but I expect it will take a while.