[Tip] A good deck for new and old people for Chess Madness!

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Fyra, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Fyra

Fyra #1 in Spring PvP Season

So i thought id post my deck. Ive almost always got first spot with this deck!

As you see im using triplets for this league setup. I will explain why.

First of all. Mages can provide a bit frustration for your opponent, however, they are the squish, so i would not reccomend using one. Priests can boost and heal, but since this league is a smash fest you will never have enough heals to be able to heal as much damage as you take, and the boost are simply not enough to equal an additional warrior. You COULD use nimbus, but the nimbus spam (on top of holding two VPs) would not be sufficient. It would rather just stall the inevitable.

Okay, reason why i chose humans is because they are not as weak as elves and can get to the VP first turn. Holding the vp is very important in this league.

A lot of parries, because you will most likely face mellee teams.
    Bejeweled because of the HUGE damage output along with step attacks (for parries) that is enough for this small map. Rageblood simply because there are step attacks on it.

So feel free to try it if you feel your league deck doesnt work as it should.
    Its also pretty balanced, and most of these items are obtainable in shops!

The items marked with * will be the important items in this deck

[SRC] Touchy
    Level 13 Human Warrior

[SRC] CT5ticky
    Level 10 Human Warrior

[SRC] PDXlime
    Level 13 Human Warrior

PDXTai likes this.
  2. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

eeeww

Fyra likes this.
  3. Fyra

Haha!! Okay replace everything with elf mages that only use bauble. Dont care if you dont have enough power tokens. MAKE IT FIT

PDXTai and Flaxative like this.
  4. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Im just pissed since i dont have enough bejeweled.

5. Fyra

Well i dont have enough baubles. otherways id totally run that.

6. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

Personal opinion: you only need one human warrior in the crew in order to take your victory square on the first round the 2 others should be dwarves.

Also both my warriors have Careful Attacker for one more Parry instead or you pen 3 tokenless attack. I can have the token for it by playing a tokenless racial on the dwarf (Raging Battler) and by having a Maquah Of Ancient Blood next to the 2 Bejeweled on the human (one other way to win the parry war).

My third guy is a priest, the buff from Mass Frenzy is really worth it, especialy when your warriors both uses Gouging Helm and Cheap Fencer's Boots (the little step attacks are good to remove enemy's blocks, way more useful then any Officer's Harness Can be).

Ya, you have to play some crappy vibrant pains instead :/

Fyra likes this.
  7. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I'm sorry, but this just looks like a good way to get slaughtered by wizards.

8. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

If you're gonna run 3 warriors, you should least have a bit of flexibility when it comes to your opponents. You can't just parry everything!

If you're using 3 warriors only 1 of them should be so parry-heavy, maybe 2. But even for this league, your guys need more flexibility than power. Mix in some Double Edged Sword, Warrior's Mace or even Opaline Hammer but most importantly is Slippery Shield.
    If your warriors have Goat Boots or Sticky Slippers, even better.

9. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Mmm, I don't agree about the priest thing, Fyra. I ended 4-0 in every Chess Madness league I played so far (7 or 8, I don't remember exactly), and I think that it's in big part because of Mass Frenzy, because it allows me to go with more step attacks with my 2 warriors (as with MF you don't need big attacks), which are very useful for avoiding blocks, and I can use the major tokens somewhere else, like in Solid Rock or Sliding Boots. My priest uses double Whiteglow Flail, which is also great both for movility and for other useful buffs like Nimbus and Martyr's Blessing, plus some very decent healing cards. Heck, even Barge can be good in this league. But back to the topic, MF+step attacks has been huge in Chess Madness for me.

Sorry, but I don't agree with this either. Basically all of the teams (at least the ones I had to face) in Chess Madness are melee, so putting Slippery Shield is imo very bad, it's one more roll (from 2+ to 3+) and, more importantly, it doesn't replace itself, so you'll be in disadvantage against any melee team with parries. Even if you find that the opponent is using wizards, it's very easy to move away from their line of sight and also very easy to kill using step attacks+MF, even if you don't have any good block against wizards.

I strongly suggest a 2 war 1 priest. The 2 warriors should have lots of parries and Toughness (5 is a nice number, which could come from Parrying Buckler+Solid Rock) and a good amount of step attacks plus some weapon with consistent damage (like Strongarm or Beater). The priest should be a MF spammer, at least 5 MF (and I have found that even 5 isn't enough sometimes) with lots of traits (to have more chances to draw MF).
    Another good option here would be Dodge, but as I had great results with parries I haven't actually tested it. And I haven't tested Reaper's Scythe either (I don't have it), but it seems a great weapon for this league.

wavy and Flaxative like this.
  10. kogi

kogi Ogre

What is a bauble?

Idiot me. I thought bauble was an item

11. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

12. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

This turned into Aristocard quickly.

Flaxative likes this.
  13. Fyra

Yeah but we are taking about chess madness. If there is wizards in there they are going to die. fast.

14. Fyra

Also thing with chess madness is that you cant wait for combos. Its basically, hit the hardest in the shortest amount of time.
    Im not saying this is the BEST deck, Im saying its an easy obtainable good deck and explained what my thoughts behind it were. If you want to use a priest, go ahead. But if you do, pray you wont meet me in this league because i will eat him :p

/me is fiesty

PDXTai and Flaxative like this.
  15. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I think it was pretty clear what you wanted to provide with this, and i bet its broadly appreciated by the crowd its directed at.

16. Fyra

NO :mad:

17. PDXTai

PDXTai Ogre

Blimey! I'm not slimy or limey.
    This works well as a blitz deck with all the team moves. You just run up and smash before your opponent can get their combo going.