Tier of New Cards

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Janet, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Mimetic crown seems good but i'm not fussed - you just get one or two max per warrior at the cost of a gold token for each mimetic. In general I'd rather just stick with the tokenless crusty helm for its two sweet armors + deck thinning.

2. Accent

Accent Hydra

I'm not sure I agree entirely with this, but obviously randomness can be very swingy. I had a game earlier where my radiation terrain gave the opposing wizard a Defensiveness, which negated a Fireball and an Accelerate Time.

Flaxative likes this.
  3. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

And I've got 3x Mad Dog as a handicap on opponent character .. which is actually a buff to him :/

Flaxative likes this.
  4. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Hypno Beacon has the same tragic fate as encumbrance, in that it does not affect team moves. So I would drop it down a Tier from wherever you ended up placing it. It's a little too niche now.

Robauke and Janet like this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It should affect Team Walk and Team Shift but not Walk, Team etc.. Right?

6. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

That's what I meant, the ____, Team stuff; sorry for any confusion. Which is all I ever see any more; I see Sprint/Walk Team at about a 10:1 ratio with Team Walk. So....if I play it to corner two opponents, and the opponent has a _____, Team, it will be played, and then the Hypno Beacon is dead. Maybe if you could create a maze of them, it might be fruitful, I'm not sure. But it seems like acid would still be a better bet.

Random sidenote: I've never seen Team Shift played, I think.

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It used to be much worse than Team Walk. It's a much better relatively speaking now. I've seen it used well, and also used it myself, in various teams.

8. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

You cannot purge the bomb's debuff's not sure if it's a bug, but it won't let you purge them off :/

9. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Might be an issue of who is consider the controller of the card.

10. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

It's an enemy debuff at the end of the day, I think one should be allowed to purge it!

11. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Jon's aware of the purge issue and I expect it'll get a fix sooner rather than later.

Darial Storm and Sir Veza like this.
  12. Darial Storm

Darial Storm Orc Soldier

Glad to hear it will get fixed soon. Otherwise purge would be a lot less useful than it could be.

13. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I am enjoying the radiation, especially the goo/spray. Have one tile affect multiple enemies or multiple tiles affecting one, it suprisingly reliable to start a round while getting powerful handicaps out of it. Be it a trip, a clumsy or a vulnerable/squeamish, the list of welcome outcomes is so long that it rarely fails you.

Christofff likes this.
  14. RedPower

RedPower Kobold

Spray is really effective with Accelerate time. If they get a Vulnerable or Squishy while you have 2 wizards full of spells, it's generally lights out, not to mention the radiation damage is also amplified. Throw in a fragile curse for extra burst.

15. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Getting back to tier of new cards, not sure how impressive the Laser Whip is, as cool as it sounds, feel like it needs penetrating for an emerald card. If I was to play the item Zoltans Laser Scourge I'd want to feel good paying two gold tokens to run four average lunging bash in the hope of getting one of two laser whips. But I don't feel like I would :(

But hey not much else to complain about with ettsc so all good.

16. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

17. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

One of the most common pieces of criticism held towards Lunging Bash is the fact it generally doesn't play well with melee attacks. On the other hand, it does have good synergy with Laser Whip (bash opponent out of melee range and then whip him mercilessly).

I own Zoltan's Laser Scourge and would at least give it a chance, if only Laser Whip was as sexy as its cost would imply :\

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  18. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

One extra whip and one less bash, I could see it being worth a try, but the bashes outnumber the whips and kind of defy the idea.. :/

19. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

Laser Whip is a good card to be sure, but I don't exactly feel it's up to Emerald quality status it has been given... :rolleyes:

Drakkan likes this.
  20. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Main problem being, a theoretical 3x Laser Whip 3x Lunging Bash weapon would be a level 24 item...

Mr. Magnifico likes this.