Thoughts and Advice (Discussion for Possible Change ideas)

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by SurgeonFish, Jan 7, 2013.

1. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Ok so about 6 hours in and ive got to say im really enjoying the game. The map area is neat and character creation is easy. Equipment is easy to understand and manage and fights are pretty easy to play and understand.

Couple times ive seen discussions on difficulty and I think the difficulty is fine. Failure is fun and learning the monsters and overcoming them is a good challenge. My only gripe is if i dont complete an adventure i still get the gear from the missions in the adventure i did complete, but no experience. This is the aspect im probably most frustrated with at the moment because yay more gear, but im not getting any stronger for killing the monsters of the mission and failing the last part to restart. Even if the experience was very little and the end is where you got all of the experience i feel we should get even a little.

Im currently underleveled for the content im doing because i decided i didnt want my started characters and now im paying for it because the completed missions havnt reset.

Played multiplayer with Sir Knight and it was fun.

2. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Sometimes the difficulty seems to be uneven, one round will be much easier than the next and some lower level maps are still really hard, the one with the victory point and fire elemental? Wouldnt of won if the AI didnt do something stupid stuff over the victory point, walking onto it into death.

3. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Yes, have other folks been finding people online for some multiplayer? Any observations?

4. bengrue

bengrue Kobold

If it's easy enough to do, I'd really appreciate "esc" keypresses being equivalent to right-clicks for dismissal. In my experience, being as broad with common UX conventions as possible leads to happy users who don't even know why they're happy (The "it just works" principle).

Farbs and Jon like this.
  5. SurgeonFish

Couple more things.

When characters are aligned with the camera, it can be hard to click them or see their hitpoints. Perhaps widening the activation box for characters behind other ones in a line like that.

Multiplayer chat and combat logs should be separate tabs or having a bigger text box/adjustable one would help a lot when im trying to tell Sir Knight im whipping his butt in multiplayer.

6. SurgeonFish

One more.

Possible mid game save. My comp crashed as i was getting ready to deliver the final blow to an enemy winning the adventure and it kicked me back to the beginning of the mission. Not a huge inconvience, but something to think about. Glad it saves between missions in the adventure!

7. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Re: mid game save:
    Yeah. Urg. It's something we planned for at the start, and much of our game tech theoretically supports it, but it's still a big wonky headache to get the client to handle it. In fact, when you first join a game you're effectively loading a saved battle. What we don't have yet is support for loading directly into complex client states, like player 2 choosing where to Dodge their encumbered character to in response to the first of two hits from a Chop. So, this task is currently languishing on our wishlist.

8. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

To add to SurgeonFish's comment, sometime I lose info when everyone's up in the "far top corner of the map". The hovering / hiding mechanism is cool, but sometimes it's a bit of a faff to get what I was looking for.

I should really be looking at the tool-bars for stuff, I suppose, but the character display attracts my attention!