This is the worst adventure, it's unfair, it's impossible (et cetera)

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by Sir Knight, Jun 15, 2013.

1. progammer

progammer Ogre

You can't do it mid-adventure because the build feature can change your race/class distribution, which maybe unfair. You are only allowed to change your team's gear. There's several we can fix this:

- Make a party build only feature where you only change the gear and not the team: Too confusing and overlap with the other build feature
    - Let the normal feature load but prevent it if it load a build that change your party composition: Could be confusing but simple than the others
    - Disable mid adventure gear swapping altogether. You only get new stuff at the end of an advanture anyway. This makes much more sense. Cons: Change the balance of certain adventure and remove some flexibility in deck-building for specific maps
    - Enable full party change mid advanture: Same as above, easy to understand and simple. Cons: Confusing and hard to calculate EXP for participating members.

2. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

That'd be horrible, horrible change - if you get your ass kicked and you want to switch gear, you'd have to restart the whole adventure.

3. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

@progammer: Simple, really. Enable the store / retrieve function in mid-adventure, but grey out / disable / hide all choices that would change party composition.

And yes, we need more slots! Pretty please!

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Me, I like an idea that could be terribly annoying-to-the-programmers, confusing-to-new-players, and possibly self-defeating: multiple overlapping systems of build storage.

One system would be party-based, just as at present: you save an entire party along with all their equipment. (And, technically, all equipment on non-active characters.)

Another system would be character-based: you save variations on a single character. (If you try to restore a build that now conflicts because equipment has moved around on all the other characters, then you'd be disappointed to see holes in your build, but you'd go into it knowing how this works.)

But what really interests me, and would really annoy everybody, is a THIRD SYSTEM: "build suites." So I might have a party-based build stored which I called "Anti-Armor." I restore it, and then within the build suite there are different builds I've made for level 8, 9, 10, and so on. I drag a slider and the level of the build changes, complete with all the individual item changes I saved for that level previously. Likewise, I could do this on a character-based build, as I (e.g.) assemble a new team of "Anti-Armor" Warriors and then suddenly decide to swap out for one Wizard.

. . . Huge system. Would completely confuse any new player. And I'd have to change so many builds within a suite as I acquired new items. But I'd use it, especially if there were an easier interface for copying and comparing builds (and other features like disabling power token limits while building).

5. maybe each character has an archetype choice, for example, basher, armor remover, range attack etc. as a pull down menu. player just choose and the interface can highlight suitable items to replace, or if smart enough can replace suitable items directly from you invetory onto your character.

6. Gerry Quinn

Gerry Quinn Goblin Champion

I suggested this as an optional quest for some dungeons!

7. Gerry Quinn

This would be a great system... IF it were not for levels!

8. Gerry Quinn

Maybe a per adventure save system? E.g. you could save your current build in L2 of Swamp King, and reload it next time you are there? Lot of data would end up getting saved, but I think everyone gets at least 5 Mb of local storage in browser games now.