The Yogscast goes Cardhunting

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Pengw1n, May 30, 2014.

1. twistedinc

twistedinc Kobold

We shall remember this as the time before the flood...

2. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

Oh god he sold the Golem Cleaver...he's gonna be regretting that when he gets to the Wizard Tower...

3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I wonder if we could get an official word on amount of new accounts total (or new accounts that pass the tutorial), to show how many players have filtered through from SP into MP.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  4. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

Well, let's not be too hasty now...the real question is just how many of those accounts are going to stick around after the initial explosion of interest.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Sure. Just seems worth noting, since—now that it's 1900—we're talking a larger than 10% increase in 2 days.

6. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Wow, that's pretty good. Even though I don't MP this is nothing but good news. More money (hopefully) for Blue Manchu the sooner I get some SP content (hopefully). :)

Flaxative likes this.
  7. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

The game is awesome why wouldn't they stick around?

Seriously though it's a niche game by design, exposure to a wide audience helps it find those who it appeals to. Won't keep them all, but they'll keep some, and even some of those they don't may purchase some stuff.

In a week or two I'd be curious how many more unique IPs are hitting the loot fairy site as well. Between the two we may get an idea of the split/retention between SP and MP.

hatchhermit and Flaxative like this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah, I'll share some data at that point. Right now the tracker stats look no different from May.

9. Pengw1n

- the madness continues in part III.

10. Fyra

Fyra #1 in Spring PvP Season

omg. is that a trolls ire in randies?! so jealous.

11. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I had it, didn't buy it.

12. jubenei

jubenei Mushroom Warrior

It's kind of painfull to watch cause he is selling all the items, like he has no idea he might need them sooner ore later, besides you get very little gold for items.

neoncat, Java, Lord Feleran and 2 others like this.
  13. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Yeah, watching things like this is good to learn ways on improving the tutorial.

Sir Veza likes this.
  14. Pengw1n

Then again, they're pretty much known for playing loose and seeing where things go. Not the most "serious" people in terms of their content, they more rely on interesting or comedic content - unless something really strikes their fancy and makes them do their homework (like various minecraft mods). Judging how well written the tutorial is by a Yogscast video might not be the best feedback tbh.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
    Bandreus likes this.
  15. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Which doesn't mean a tip to say "Don't sell items you are not currently using, you might need them later on." would not be a good idea.

16. Pengw1n

True, would be a good prompt added when the store adds its general inventory, to at least not sell rare loot initially. I never said it wasn't. Maybe it's time to reinvigorate the tutorial suggestion threads?

17. Pengw1n

There also seems to be some confusion with how the game starts with lvl 20 characters and Greenfang. Since this it's not mentioned (or shown) in the Yogscast video some people seem to think something went wrong, as they're expecting the game to start from character selection.

(If you're one of those players concerned - the video shows the gameplay starting after the 2 introductory battles, don't worry)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
    Stexe likes this.
  18. Stexe

Yeah, I wondered why they cut that out. I kind of wonder why they included it in the first place... I mean I guess it is to entice people to see where the game can go, but at the same time it probably overwhelms a lot of people with all the cards and options?

19. Pengw1n

I know they've been running metrics on how many people passes Greenfang specifically - and that they used to have a good completion rate of it, so I believe it's actually not an issue unless you're expecting something else (like in the case above). If you start the game with your single character et c - would you even know you were getting a party et c? It's sort of setting the scenes for some things in a subliminal way, I guess? It's short and simple enough to not lose anyone (or anyone with any kind of interest in the game) before the real tutorial.

20. Stexe

Ah, okay. I assume if they have metrics showing it doesn't overwhelm people then it is fine. Obviously we don't have the privilege of seeing that data though. =(