The worst part

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tha bug king, Jan 7, 2013.

1. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Goblin Champion

Well I plan to play/bug test AND help those that might have longer to wait than I (depending on when I get in) learn more about this game.

2. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

The worst part... Checking your email. Seeing mails that come from Card Hunter. Those mails being about replies posted to forum threads, not invites to the beta. Especially when the first word in the subject line is beta. (IE: Beta Barbarians Assemble! - new reply to watched thread).

3. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Goblin Champion

LOL, agreed. And we only feed that fire the more we post on here.

4. Szczypior

Szczypior Orc Soldier

So guys, new definition of being devoted to the CH, coming after party, turning laptop on and checking if I'm not invited.. Guys, should I visit a doctor? Or rather a psychiatrist? For now I'm going to open another one and have a toast for those who were invited! But still guys.. you should give us some gameplay footage/videos!

5. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

This. Especially when I couldn't find where to either
    • Turn off email notifications for watched threads
    • Unwatch a watched thread
    Eventually I just turned off alerts from watched threads completely.

6. Michael

Michael Mushroom Warrior

Watch/Unwatch is in the top-right, about an inch below "Log Out".

7. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Ooh, great! Thanks!

I must have missed it because that link button doesn't actually look like a link or a button. So I blame the forum theme :cool:

8. TheRev

TheRev Orc Soldier

Ya know the only problem with giving beta keys to only forum people is three fold.

1) They have already said on their site, just plug in your E-Mail address here, and be selected. All those people who did so expecting to have a chance to get into beta would be out of luck, since they didn't follow up on the forums. True they could of, but since they are not actually playing the game, it is not unreasonable they just didn't want to go to the forums and make useless posts on the topics at hand.

2) Just because you post more about random things, or like to participate in forums shouldn't make you more or less likely to get a key. I am sure the argument of well they are more likely to post on bugs since they are already on the forums would apply here, but just because someone chats about other things, doesn't mean they have more or less of a chance to find, recognize, and report a bug. Of course none of this applies to the "Events" where they ask for a post or something specific for a beta key. That is bonus, and a good idea.

3) Finally just because someone isn't on the forums now, doesn't mean the won't be when they do get their beta key. It would prob be more likely for the opposite to happen, then that. I am not saying everyone in the beta is on the forums right now, but I would bet a large number are, and a large chunk of those people were not before they started playing the beta.

In other words.. just because one group is more vocal then the other, doesn't mean that the quiet group should be taken out of the mix. I don't think they really have plans to do that (Don't quote me on this.. I don't know, but it makes sense that they don't), but if there were they shouldn't.. for the above reasons of course.

9. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

No one who understands testing only wants forum folk to have the keys. Forum people do tend to give the best feedback, however.

10. TheRev

TheRev Orc Soldier

You know it would be interesting if they could do something like everyone in the beta can either invite a friend, or get 20 Pizza's.. heh =)

Hallas likes this.
  11. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

That would actually be interesting. They would have to pick between testing out the other purchasable decks or handing out more invites. At this point I don't think they are interested in having an uncertain number of testers on if everyone sent out an invitation. It could be bad for their server when they are not ready for the increased population.

12. TheRev

TheRev Orc Soldier

Oh I agree, I doubt the user base doubling (worse case, though I doubt would actually happen) would be very good, besides would also leave a lot of people who were trying to participate for keys out of luck unless they had a friend already in beta.. But maybe a future idea when they are ready for a few people.