The worst part

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tha bug king, Jan 7, 2013.

1. tha bug king

tha bug king Kobold

Was not checking this site ever so often for any new word on the game, but now checking my email for something that's not coming anytime soon.

Are the developer diaries finished?? Will there be anything for the rest of us left high & dry to watch? Or will we just have to keep reading and trying to picture what it's like? Lol, yeah man.

Bug

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I'm certainly going to try keeping up with the diaries. Just a bit overwhelmed this week dealing with the Beta.

3. tha bug king

tha bug king Kobold

It's cool. I know it has to be crazy right now. I'll just stick to Xbox until I get my turn.

4. Gabe

Gabe Kobold

Jon may I suggest that in the next beta round you invite only people from the forum again (like with the last 50)? And this is not only for selfish reasons, but also because I believe, that the people, who were active on the forum, are more likely to post bug reports. I'm sure you noticed the increase of beta forum activity after the last invite round and it's certainly proportionally higher than with first 25. It would also be a reward for your more dedicated fans, who have been following the forum for quite some time.
    Pleaseeee :)

5. dienekes00

dienekes00 Kobold

This one. I'm technically a lurker, but I've been on the forum, every work day, for months. I'm lucky enough to have a job that puts food on my table. That job is also exceedingly boring. I spend decent portions of my day playing flash games, and lighter fare that I can pick up and put down, while I wait for things to happen. I'd spend literally hours, every workday, playing CH. I know I can't be the only one like this. We've got other guys like me, inveterate tabletop players, and college students with professors to tune out ;)

Pulling from this pool would be almost guaranteed to give you more active, more vocal testers. I know you guys know all this. I'm just adding my vote.

6. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Goblin Champion

Yeah, I second this. It really got my goat to see some guy just signed up for the forum AFTER he already got a key. Grrrrr......

7. Necrometzer

Necrometzer Mushroom Warrior

Lurker... Me? Guilty. But i'll post all day if it gets me a key.

heywoodbanks likes this.
  8. Stompy

Stompy Mushroom Warrior

The waiting is the hardest part....that and the constant email refreshing.

9. Thirandras

Thirandras Kobold

It´s actually a sticky situation, I understand that the people at Blue Manchu are interested in the bug finds, and sure, the guys that constantly post at the forum are more able to constantly provide the feedback, but maybe this would mean abandoning the dedicated fans of Card Hunter that watch the updates for over a year now (not my case, I´m a fan only since October 2012), but don´t have the time to post on the forum. I think it should be a 50/50 invite rate, it would be fair, plainly like that.

10. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

That might be the case already. No-one knows how the beta keys were allocated outside of Blue Manchu. People who registered at PAX did so before the members of the forum, for example.

However, if you have been watching updates but not posting in the Forum / Facebook / Twitter, how would Blue Manchu even know you were still interested or even exist? Sending out 50% of invites to potentially dead addresses doesn't seem to be the best way of picking testers, IMHO.

Secondly, as you rightly state, Blue Manchu are interested in feedback from the beta to improve / bugfix the game. If someone hasn't had the time to post in the forum heretofore, how would they do so now? Again, sending 50% of your invites out to people who won't give you feedback does not seem optimal, either.

11. Szczypior

Szczypior Orc Soldier

Refreshing? I got it open at all times in case they will invite me! :D And my PC runs 24/7 as I work with it (im studying IT and Computer Graphics and Animation). Still no beta invite.. Maybe tomorrow... I'll refresh my inbox anyway.. Just.. in.. case...

12. MrMojoRisin

Refreshing makes Angry Bale Face ANGRY!!!!!

13. Thirandras

Thirandras Kobold

I understand your point, Sir

14. Szczypior

Szczypior Orc Soldier

Yes, it may seem like kid complaining about the toy he can't get, but still, some of us were active at forums and were hoping to get into beta. And from my experience I can say I don't think I will be chosen to participate as those 'random' systems seem to miss me as it was in all betas I tried to participate (Diablo 3, WoW: MoP, WoW: Cata, WoW: WotLK, LoL Polish version, City of Steam, ...) :)

I hope they will want to try how it works for some EU countries (I am from Poland) considering servers are in US. Still, I won't be surprised if it turns out that I won't be able to try this game before open-beta. It was quite a lot of page views mostly few times a day since I found out about this game :)

15. Thirandras

Thirandras Kobold

I understand your point Szczypior.... posting from Brazil here

16. tha bug king

tha bug king Kobold

I've been lurking for a while myself as a retired tcg veteran. I don't remember how I found out about this game but it definitely has my attention. I've waited this long, it just sucks that seeing it in motion has always been so rare. I feel like I've read all there is to read about it already lol. I'm just playing this game in my mind.

They know we want it, I'm sure they're being as fair as they can with these keys.

Bug

17. Kaltorak

Kaltorak Kobold

I am pretty sure the dev team is doing its best to bring how many people in beta they can. I work in software, and I know how much stressful can be this period.
    So, on my side, I'll stay quiet and wait for my turn. And remember, the later you enter in Beta, the more polished game you'll find...

18. Szczypior

Szczypior Orc Soldier

I'm also sad because noone in the beta made any gameplay video :( As long as I know it wasn't forbidden to record gameplay with the adnotation it's not the final product yet. I wonder if they are trying to be mean to us or something? Or maybe they are so sucked into the game they don't think about it :D

19. MrMojoRisin

I'm sure someone will. But I definitely plan to once I start playing. I'm going to document my first forays into this game, as long as it is technically possible for me to do so.

20. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

It might be that playing the game / bug fixing is taking priority at the moment. Please remember that the latest round of beta only started at the beginning of this week.