The Tomb of Tvericus - Two thumbs up.

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Jayce, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Just in the interest of gauging opinions on specific dungeons, how are people finding the Tomb of Tvericus?

I finally beat it fairly conclusively after some build juggling (I got hammered on the VP map a lot beforehand), and I thought it was quite a neat series of maps, they were varied but had a common theme, and called for some good use of map layouts and crowd control on my part.

I'm currently rolling with a standard Warrior/Cleric/Wizard with a warrior heavy on piercing, although predominantly for the victory point map I switched to a heavy Bash/Barge build, controlling the victory point area whilst my wizard skipped gleefully around the outskirts mopping up. Cleric providing buffs/healing/cards and hopping in for damage as required.

I like the large weapon (I think it was called) mechanic on the boss, again encouraged good use of the map.

This adventure stick in anyone else's mind for good/bad reasons?

2. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

The vp map is waaaay too hard in my opinion i gave up on it after failing 3 times since i couldn't draw enough blunt attacks or non electric attacks or my acid to remove the need for blunt or non electric >.< The fact that they can easily 2 shot you with mob attack unless you draw good armor only makes it worse. Would have loved to see the boss tho and will be going back there with much better cards then i should have making it a singe.

3. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

The battle with the victory squares was a nightmare, you're extremely cramped, and there's too much that can go wrong. You've got 19hp zombies that are immune to most spells and can explode when they die, and some skeletons that are immune to piercing and slashing damage. The adventure took me several goes before I could beat that battle, after which I took down Tvericus on the first go.

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Having finally played it, I can say it was fun but the victory square battle (Narthex, I believe) could have gone so badly. I failed the first time because I hadn't fully re-specced to ditch my piercing and slashing, then I re-specced like mad:

Bashes (on all three characters: Wizard, Warrior, and Priest), blocks, Guardian Angel, Muscle Through, armor removers, enemy-moving spells, Augmentation (fun with Force Bolt), terrain modifiers (Glowing Jewel), card draw, Resistant Hide (for anti-poison), and all the Frenzy and healing I could get. A little fire, too.

Got to the squares and then prioritized: if a zombie had Festering Guts, it could live for now. Thank goodness only one ever drew it. Then, I had to use my understanding of Gary's decks and my enemy-moving abilities to ensure no more than two of them remained on the squares at the end of a round (all three of my characters were there).

Basically, after playing such a staggeringly defensive game, I was almost out of practice with going on the offense when I needed it against Tvericus.

5. Ravel

Ravel Mushroom Warrior

I just played through it the first time. I played a dwarf priest, an elf warrior, and a human wizard. The priest and warrior were loaded up with chop cards, but I had a few acid attacks and boiling armors on my wizard, so the skeletons weren't too difficult. It also helped that my wizard has lots of different burning cards and a Pyromancy skill.

Overall I really enjoyed the smaller map crammed with lots of relatively slow mobs. I also felt like a boss baiting out the boss's 14 damage smashing attacks with my parries :)

One quick question for anyone else who plays this level: Did you get only skills as loot on the final level? I got 4 skills (would have been 5 with Card Hunter Club), and thought that was odd, but wanted to ask others in case it was just coincidence.

6. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Hmm. I wonder if we remembered to review the VP scenario after switching to majority-occupation VP rules. Dorian? Jon? Any thoughts?

7. JMTron

JMTron Kobold

Just out of curiosity, what did the VP scenario used to be before majority-occupation?