The thread to show off your legendaries

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Martin K, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I've played MP to the first gold chest for 2 days now. (Baby steps, trying to take an interest.) Today I got a Staff Of A Million Embers! For a moment I considered playing to the second gold chest.

Farbs, Flaxative and Jarmo like this.
  2. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

lol. What's the point of playing the game if not for MP? :-P
    I almost always go for the 2nd gold chest (3 wins) per day. Any more and I start to get frustrated. I got to the last gold chest once when I was trying to go for purple, but I was SOOO bored at that point I couldn't do it. I can only take so much 3DC, NS + WW/WWE, and/or NS + MF.

Flaxative and Sir Veza like this.
  3. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Ah, if only we hadn't toned it down from this.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

You mean the original OP item before Vibrant Pain? :-P

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

SP, obviously. :) I'm trying to find the point of playing MP. :confused:
    Different strokes, I guess. The way to really tweak a build is to play a few thousand drops on the first 2 or 3 levels of an adventure consecutively. You'll really get to know your team's strengths and weaknesses, as well as whether your head will explode when subjected to excessive repetitions.
    Some heads do. I read it in Weekly World News.
    Nerfed and smurfed. I still get hit with these, for some reason. It must be because I play SP. The sonic blast was scarier.

6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Winning and losing against humans creates more emotions and the banter during and after play can be fun. The gameplay is also more interesting and varied, not the robotic dumbness of the AI. (such a straight man's line...)

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I don't mind playing against people, but I HATE chat. I usually disable it in the registry, but was lazy during the last reload. I've only played the AI so far, but my rating has gone from 161 to 414 in 2 games. If that keeps up I'll be playing humans before long.

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

That's hilarious... Why do you hate chat? Is it the noise it makes?

9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

My nephews used to turn it on on my computer, then try to chat with me. Usually when I was in the middle of writing code, and I'd lose my train of thought. I'm also a very slow typist.

Flaxative likes this.
  10. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Definitely starting to feel more like a grind. I average only 1-3 new unique items a week, trending over the last 3 weeks or so. Multiples are nice and all, but only to a point.

I enjoy some of the side things that have come up recently, as still enjoy the game, but I can't help but feeling this is not a game where you will get every item.

Sir Veza likes this.
  11. Ector

Ector Hydra

Do you really think that every player should get every item? Just imagine how dull would be the game. Players would quickly discover "the best" decks, then they would argue whether some deck is "Tier 1" or not, what chances deck A has versus deck B, and how to improve them... in other words, we would get the same pseudo-sport atmosphere as in Magic. That's awful!
    I like Cardhunter because it is NOT a completely sporting game. I can play versus other players if I want, or grind, or try to make the challenging quests. But the most attractive (for me) is the deckbuilding. Every player has his own items; some players can build deck A, some can build only deck B. Ideally, a player with the best Warrior weapons should build one deck; a player with the best Firestorm items should build a Firestorm deck, and so on. BTW, I have only one Skull Of Savage Iljin, and dream of three at least :)

12. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Some of us like our shiny trophy cases and couldn't care less about MP. :p

Sir Veza and Oberon like this.
  13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Nope, just those of us who really grind for them. :D I want at least one of everything, and a max load of everything worth having. I don't actually expect it, but that doesn't keep me from wanting it.

14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Jarmo likes this.
  15. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Glutton.

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  16. Questor

Questor Ogre

17. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Jarmo likes this.
  18. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

It would be great if you could craft a zombie St. Darqar from 9 Relics and he would then chase you in every battle and try to kill you because of the sacrilegious and unholy way you've treated his earthly remains. You could only get rid of him by getting 9 Fingerbones of St. Ob and crafting a soothing bone golem. They would then embrace and both disappear.

19. Questor

Questor Ogre

20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Ah, but whereas Antioch's Figurine is one of three existing level 5 legendaries (also, level 6 has 32 and level 7 has 8), Relic of St. Darqar is the only level 4 legendary (while levels 2 and 3 have none). The loot system works in the way that only items which are within +-3 levels of the adventure level can drop (treasure can be +-4 levels). If you're farming the low level adventures and you happen to get a legendary item the chance that it is the Relic is much much greater than that it is the Figurine. So there is a natural explanation for this overabundance of Relics.

By the way, the Relic is only common in farming. I once opened 3,000 Epic chests on the test server and got all existing legendaries except for three, multiple copies of many. The Relic was one of the ones I got zero copies of.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.