The return of savage curse (1900 deck)

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Fry_The_Guy, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Fry_The_Guy

Fry_The_Guy Lizardman Priest

Here is the deck I used to get 1900. Most of the choices are pretty standard with the exception of Skull of Savage Iljin.

Savage curse works really well in this deck, mainly against enemy warriors. Because my warriors have 3 parries 1 toughness, and a priest with defender's block behind them, a lot of the time you can setup the enemy to attack into a parry while savage curse is attached. Savage curse also incentives enemies to lead with their most powerful attack, which once again plays very well into all the blocks.

Fry
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

The
    Level 1 Dwarf Warrior

Guy
    Level 1 Dwarf Warrior

2. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Yay another 1900 person! How many have been up there so far?

3. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

Savage Curse is OP. Nerf please!

Lord Feleran likes this.
  4. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

(partial quote)
    I knew savage curse was going to be used as a solid curse after the update.

Stexe likes this.
  5. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

Finally someone who uses savage curse on their enemies. I never see decks like that, it's sad.

6. visak13

visak13 Ogre

This was very smart. I never thought of this ever. Does it work well against wizards? Coz most prolly they have their own curse and a reason to keep it in their build.

7. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

It's especially good on enemy buff priests, as they hurt their friends more when using Unholy Frenzy / Unholy Wellspring and they lose a card to boot.

visak13 and timeracers like this.
  8. Fry_The_Guy

Actually, it is generally not that great on the enemy priest. They often have a lot of cards that do not do damage, or situational cards they do not mind discarding. If they only have one damage card, and they can save it until it is the last card in their hand, then it was purely a buff for them.

It is great against mages, the only problem is that Savage Curse is only 4 range, so it can be hard to get it onto them.

Tyro likes this.
  9. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

ok, i have to ask, how you deal with cushioning armor?

10. Fry_The_Guy

Three ways to deal with cushioning:
    1) Savage curse the target with cushioning, they either do not attack for three turns or lose it.
    2) Kill a different target.
    3) Kill the target 5 damage at a time.

Generally if a lot of people are running cushioning, I use a different build. When I do face cushioning with this build, my wins generally have come from using nimble strike to switch to the most vulnerable target. Occasionally people think cushioning makes them invincible so they over-extend when cushioning is their only defensive item and I just power through it. It is much harder to deal with cushioning when on a priest, but fortunately they only have 1 copy in the deck so it does not come into play that often. On maps with 1 vp square, sitting on it for 6 rounds against 3 priest teams is a viable strategy.

Flaxative and Macizo like this.