The Perfect Vampire

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Gento, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Gento

Gento Kobold

Hey hey everyone I'm not one who post a lot, but I do read a lot of post on the forums. I do like when people find a particularity good build and share. Keeps things interesting.

Long story short I found myself dissatisfied with most Vampire builds and decided to bring my own to the table, I find it to be pretty effective and keeps me between 1500-1600s. Also people enjoy playing against it because it's not a traditional upper tier build. I'll try and explain my reasoning behind what I'm using and what would be an effect pairing with him.

First and foremost you HAVE to have a support priest with your vampire, he'll be boosting your attacks and letting you keep up damage wise against warriors. With my priest I focused on mass frenzy and Marty's blessing, I keep one Accelerated thought, just out of preference, but you can swap it out for any other skills you like.

Second you pretty much have to stick with Elves. Dwarfs move too slow and are easily avoided and humans aren't going to keep you on the offensive. Movement is key for getting around the map and picking people off, which leads me to my next point. . .

Slippery or Quick Run? Slippery is one of the best Elf traits in the games, let's you cycle your through deck faster and gives you a great positioning potential, IF you're getting first attack for next round. However I'm sticking with Quick run because I can literally dash in drain the life out of them and get out in one fellow swoop. I find it to be extremely effective. However, with Elven Tricky coming out soon I may be swapping that into my Elf Skill slot

The Armor. This is where you have the most freedom, I chose angel Strapping because of life saving block, it has saved me many of times and also with both those armor piece they do a decent job of extending my durability, however go with what suits you best, just make sure its either helping in drains, damage, or keeping you alive. You're not here to have support moves for other team members.

You'll notice that EVERY single attack the Elf priest has is a drain, you're a vampire so be a vampire!! You're already flimsy any attack that isn't a drain means you're doing it wrong and you can potentially be wiped out in two turns.
    Don't be foolish! If you don't have damage boost or talented healer on you, DON'T GO. I'm not trying to draw attacks with my glass canon use your warrior.

Anyway here's the build

Madrilthor
    Level 19 Elf Priest

Lina
    Level 19 Human Priest

Grongwan
    Level 20 Dwarf Warrior

I'll be answering any questions or suggestions are always welcomed. Also thanks to those before me, who posted their vampire builds the framework was made by them I'm just tweaking it.

2. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Ibeen on the receving end of the vampire, it was not nice. I aprove this build and will take notes to try make a vampire priest myself, every time i tryed it failed :\

3. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Your decks seem to have some inconsistency...

Your dwarf warrior should really use Solid Rock or something instead of Perfect Ferocity; Dwarven Battlecry is a waste in this build and you can get Blind Rage/Frenzy Aura better ways.

As for the human priest, wow. I just don't understand. Nimbus Blade + Scouring Axe? Trained Command? Canny Healer? It's just all over the place.
    Mail of the Martyr is good, and if you must stick with Nimbus Blade then you will want to pick a better weapon than Scouring Axe. Greyworm Mace, Rapier Of Misfortune, St. Olf's Fiery Pike, Madman's Maul, St. Amarack's Cudgel....
    I also can't recommend Parrying Buckler on a priest enough. People always attack the priest.
    As for the human skill, Advanced Flexibility will help your warrior ditch Weak Chop, Unreliable Block, Weakened Armor, etc, and your priest can drop weak vampire attacks/what have you and try to get to Talented Healer.
    Perfect Command would be an improvement depending on your weapons.
    Canny Healer is awful. No synergy with this deck at all. You can only run so many different traits and attachments before it works against you. Novice Piety I recommend.
    Stick with Mass Frenzy/Martyr's Blessing/ and an occasional Impenetrable Nimbus (which only lasts one turn anyways).
    You will gain much more consistency with more Parry, Altruism, and Holy spells like Mass Frenzy.

4. Gento

Gento Kobold

Alrighty let's see, for my Warrior, to be fair this deck is for the offensively minded, I want to dish out as much damage as possible as soon as possible, parry and toughness are great for defense,but I don't need that if he has all three boost (aura, and both frenzies) I can do 14 damage in one NS. I always want there to be some type of damage boost with my dwarf, because 9 times at of 10 players aren't fond of duking it out with a damage boosted dwarf . The key with him is being smart with positioning. I'm not leaping in before I'm ready and if I have to give up a VP or two I'm fine with that.

For the priest the only thing I need consistent on him honestly is the promise of a mass frenzy and maybe martyr. I've given him a range of options because I want him to be flexible. I draw on a nimbus that's fine I can send my warrior or priest in somewhat safely. If I draw attacks I can push him last to help finish off my enemies. The problem I found with some decks was the consistency, I know what I'm facing with 3DC, I know what I'm facing with W/W/P and I know what I'm facing just from seeing a lot of opening builds. With the priest I have to be smart with positioning and flexible with what cards I draw. It may sound like a disadvantage, but I've been able to adjust on the fly with him. I position this priest usually so that he can't easily be attacked without going through my other two fighters. If I must though I can swap out the Axe for Rapier Of Misfortune and give him a Slippery shield at times. Also I don't want to ditch the weak chop if I have my boost it's still a fairly strong attack (up to 10 with all boost) if I don't then I can test of his defensive. The blue gem movement is good, although I'd prefer not to use a major token on the human skill. Canny Healer is ok at best, but Accelerated Thought has saved both my fighters enough times for it to be viable.

Lastly I wasn't sure, if you were referring on cycling through my vampire attacks with Flexibility to get talented healer? But I wouldn't do that I'd say for the majority of matches my priest is boosted in some way or another and I usually get talented healer fairly quickly. And if I don't I'm not rushing in, I'm just positioning till I'm ready.

That being said I do like a few of the suggestions I saw and some I had already tried, but I ended up being a little more successful with this, the build is still evolving though. (ultimatetoken)

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

6. Gento

Gento Kobold

7. Ektallion

Ektallion Kobold

will see updating the build with cards from AotA?

8. Gento

Gento Kobold

Yes, definitely there are a lot of newly introduced items I'm still getting the hang of, but once I do I'll be glad to share the information.