The PAX preview thread (including game footage!)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jon, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Roshirai

Roshirai Goblin Champion

2. Falk

Falk Kobold

Oh hey, just noticed the Fraps FPS counter in the corner. Any plans for the recorded footage? (If any)

3. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

Thanks a lot for your answers Jon, much appreciated. And I'm glad that we have the fade out mechanic, good on you guys.

4. Pixel

Pixel Kobold

Funion recipe. If we make it as good as good as Gary's mom could this increase barrel percentages? :)

Ystin likes this.
  5. Pixel

Pixel Kobold

Your analysis as always is brilliant :D

I have never seen cheese curls and although they look most like that, i'm afraid you're right on the grease factor :S Heck, even amongst my friends we've learnt only vaguely clear liquids (i.e. wine or light beer at most) should be around after an unfortunate accident with red wine and the latest game of thrones board game (to be fair, it was in the spirit of the game, but it didn't dry to look like a blood stain or anything cool like that :p). I like the idea of apple slices, but i can't let go of an onion based snack :)

6. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Just out of shot, to the left, I'm facepalming. We left the machine set up from a previous interview w/ a funny resolution and fraps running in the background.

7. Falk

Falk Kobold

Random trivia: On default settings F12 a few times hides the FPS overlay

Ystin likes this.
  8. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Doh!

9. Jon

I plan to play through the demo and narrate it. We'll post that on youtube soon-ish.

Ystin and brock like this.
  10. vpalmer

vpalmer Kobold

it's unimaginable: why i did not hear about this little game diamond before?!

11. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

We cannot answer for you. You must seek the answer within.

12. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

An omniscient narrator on the other hand, probably could answer that one for you. You might want to find your's and ask him, or her.

13. Sir Knight

But who? Who might this narrator be? Who can lead us from the darkness of doubt into the light of gaming understanding?

I think I know how you would answer this question, Ystin. First there would be a dramatic fade. Then there would burst forth a screen in patriotic colors, and on that screen would be emblazoned the bold logo: Gary 2012.

Ystin likes this.
  14. FalconGK81

FalconGK81 Orc Soldier

Just wanted to post and say hello, I'm super excited about this game ever since I read about it a couple of days ago. Mike Mearls tweeted a link to the PA article. This game seems right up my ally, and now I've spent lots of free time reading up on all the design diaries, and watching all the youtube videos I could find (which was only a handful, but were very exciting). Count me as one of the people VERY interested in the beta.

15. FalconGK81

FalconGK81 Orc Soldier

@vpalmer: I feel the exact same way. This game looks like the merging of my favorite things in gaming (video games, RPGs, board games and card games). I have no clue how the site has been up over a year and I'm just now hearing about it.

16. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

I was hanging out with my friends, with whom I will introduce Card Hunter to, and I read this post and laughed out a little too loud. Sir Knight, you have made my night.

Gary 2012.

17. noen

noen Kobold

Just wanted to pop in and say how much I loved this game at PAX. I spent more time at the Card Hunter booth both playing and talking to Jon(?) than at any other booth at the expo. I was one of the lucky ones to win a tshirt (since I somehow managed to crash the prize-selector after completing the demo :)).

Can't WAIT to play this.

Jon likes this.
  18. Jon

19. FalconGK81

FalconGK81 Orc Soldier

20. Sir Knight

Hey, some of those images are new. I'm not completely sure, but here:

http://thewayofthegame.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/deckbuilder.jpg

Behold the fascinating pile of item icons on the far right. We can tell that some are boots, weapons, and so on, but I wonder about the circular ones. Particularly the circle with a question mark: is it an actual item, or a symbol for "unidentified item"? Or, even, a button for "pick me a random item"?

And I see some nice sorting buttons on the item pile. Good, good. Though I wonder: there's a drop down on the left (currently "All Items") and separate single-letter buttons on the right. Hmm?

http://thewayofthegame.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Modules.jpg

"8 exciting battles" now in The Black Forest? Oh my.

Also, the Raid on Ommlet appears to have a second line of description after "2 exciting battles." Wonders . . .

http://thewayofthegame.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/world-map.jpg

Yay! Also, you misspelled "troglodytes."

I wonder what the various combinations of colored labels and glowing eyes mean.

I wonder about the ARENA BUTTON IN THE LOWER RIGHT CORNER.

http://thewayofthegame.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/frozen-caverna.jpg

Troglodytes! Also, how do water and ice tiles work?

Ystin likes this.