The Multiplayer Board suggestions thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Ben_Lee, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Forlorn

Forlorn Orc Soldier

I still stand by my original suggestions for Cyrpt Feast. Right now it's a heavily biased warrior map. Wizards get steamrolled due to excessive cover.

2. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

It's randomised, but I see how the current setup is aggravating. I've changed it (for the next release) so that only ONE character on each side will begin on the center steps.

3. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

I enjoyed playing on these new boards. May still need a bit of tweaking as I feel two of the new ones promotes wizards to a position of power too easily. Sulice and Feast.

My cleric two wizard setup was easily maintaining control and I easily beat Mom on Feast due to the rough terrain and some force push cards. That was the first time I ever beat mom and between her AI not understanding she needed to be aggressive to take me and some push cards while my elves were split I took two VP and sat there for 6 turns

Sulice has those viewing windows for wizards to get LOS on the VP and shoot from cover that is at minimum two dashes away to get to for melee range.

4. Gnug315

Gnug315 Mushroom Warrior

Fwiw, I really don't enjoy the new boards. I find them bland, and similar to each other in both gameplay and flavour. The original boards offered much more varied - and interesting - games.

Chamber is frustatingly difficult to win in a 1v2 char situation. Crypt is bad for wizards, who are already outclassed imho.

I do appreciate introducing new boards into the rotation on a regular basis, though.

5. Heretiick

Heretiick Goblin Champion

I don't think wizards are outclassed in any way. I might have a little bit of a bias since I play 2 of them in MP, but I feel that they are actually the strongest class right now due to the diversity of build options and utility that they provide.