The Monsters of the Sky Citadel: a Preview

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

2. First.

Aside from fulfilling my inner 12 year-old-on-the-internet-forums, the scan ability looks like it'll be fun. Looking forward to seeing scan in future editions of MM.

3. WhiteSorcerer

WhiteSorcerer Guild Leader

I think scan should be unblockable for the sake of logic

j3st3ri likes this.
  4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

If you're worried about logic, you should also complain about Scan going through smoke and illusion (because it's a cone attack).

And in general it's better to stay out of sight of the cameras and save your blocks for stuff that will kill you.

5. WhiteSorcerer

And thinking about it, it could hit something with invisibility attached lol

timeracers likes this.
  6. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

I like the flavor of scan and it makes sense in a sort of 'Raise the Alarm' type of gameplay mechanic, but this also seems like one of those things (flavor-wise) that should be able to be circumvented by Smoke-Bomb and Illusory Walls.

7. WhiteSorcerer

Yeah, and we already have multitarget that takes LOS into account on flash of agony

8. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

Well yeah, but LOS attacks like Flash of Pain are in all directions. I'm not sure if Cone and Line of Sight can be combined under the current mechanics of the game so it might just have to be a mechanic we have to deal with. Or, you know, just break all the cameras.

Flaxative likes this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The cameras are probably infrared :)

10. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

I was about to mention that if the technology was good enough, it could probably see through smoke with infrared vision and could possibly thwart magical illusory walls, but that just means we need Wall of Stone back, dammit. Even if it's only in SP...

11. WhiteSorcerer

Good point, so it needs to be unblockable even more =p

12. Accent

Accent Hydra

In infrared is how we saw. . .

13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

So you just need a big, thick styrofoam shield. :cool:

Flaxative likes this.
  14. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Hey I thought play testers weren't supposed to reveal anything. I'm pretty sure Jon hasn't revealed the Big Thick Styrofoam Shield yet!

doog37 and Sir Veza like this.
  15. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Probably the camera has a targeting radar. Infrared wouldn't work well with warm smoke. Electronics aren't fooled by illusions, they need a mind to affect.

16. Getorix

Getorix Orc Soldier

I wildly speculate that this is the last blog post prior to release. :rolleyes:

Accent likes this.
  17. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

That gif is haunting me. Did that poor elf warrior survive or die in the cold belly of that craft?

WhiteSorcerer likes this.
  18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

The elf warrior is suspended in an animation. Constantly attacked, forever in pain, denied death's release. So technically, she is surviving.

Accent and Farbs like this.
  19. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

Was gonna mention this, but a hovering, magical, cross-dressing Gnome beat me to it

20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Infrared would see no better than a visible light camera through hot, billowing magical or chemical smoke.